PDA

View Full Version : dynasty

Hirosito
04-24-2001, 05:27
Hi you guys,

there is this thing about japan's princess getting a son. In the papers it said that the dynasty had been going unbroken for something like 125 emperors. Is this true? I don't count the descendancy from the sun goddess.

Cheers,

Hirosito

------------------
Hirosito Mori

A warrior's wisdom is shown in the treating of his defeated opponent http://cgi.tripod.com/smilecwm/cgi-bin/s/owen/sid.gif

Zen Blade
04-24-2001, 10:35
Pretty much...
the Cercanthmum throne or something... (flower, spelling wwaaaayy off)

It is supposedly the longest lineage in existance. I know the princess had been having some troubles producing an heir, good to hear she had a child (son)...

Or, is she just pregnant?? supposedly she has been pregnant before, but miscarried.

-Zen Blade

------------------
Zen Blade Asai
Red Devil
Last of the RSG
Clan Tenki Council-Unity

Takeda Shingen
04-24-2001, 14:55
I have a book that list's all the Mikados of Japan and for your information they were'nt all men.The first Emperor was Jimmu in 660 B.C. he was followed by 13 male Emperor's until 201 A.D. when Chuai became the first Empress of Japan.Her reign lasted until 270 A.D. when another male Ojin became Emperor again.After his reign 17 more Emperor's held the throne until 503 A.D. When Suiko-Tenno became the 2nd Empress of Japan.In all their were 9 Female ruler's of Japan the last one Go-Sakura Machi in 1763 A.D..they were also 119 Emperor's of Japan up to Mutsuhito in 1867.That's when the list stops to let you know this information came from a book called Thrilling Stories of the Russian-Japanese War dated 1905.If anyone would like a full list i could gladly make up some if anyone is interested.

Michael

Anssi Hakkinen
04-24-2001, 20:12
Here's the deal. Japan's current emperor, the esteemed Akihito, is the 125th (this according to the Finnish book Sons of Heaven by Juhani Lompolo). The number of emperors is a slightly controversial issue as there have been a few schisms (notably, the War of the Courts in the 14th century, when there were two rival emperors) and the beginning of the line - indeed, Jimmu himself - is more of a mythological than historical matter.

The Imperial family does have a heir - the Crown Prince Naruhito. The worry of the Japanese has been, for the past years, that the line may not continue beyond him - Naruhito isn't a young man anymore, either, and his wife, the Crown Princess Masako, does not have a son. Yet. The news, released around April 18, is that the Princess *may* finally be pregnant again. Note that this has not been confirmed by any authority, it's just a rumor... If it's untrue, it may be that the Japanese will have to settle with having an Empress again, for the first time since the Edo period.

------------------
"2. Yu: bravery tinged with heroism."

Hirosito
04-26-2001, 01:35
thank you for the quick response guys!

I heard that the female empresses were as you said usual however that they were 'banned' sometime in the past and now the rules would have to be changed again.

------------------
Hirosito Mori

A warrior's wisdom is shown in the treating of his defeated opponent http://cgi.tripod.com/smilecwm/cgi-bin/s/owen/sid.gif

Hirosito
04-26-2001, 01:37
thank you for the quick response guys!

I heard that the female empresses were as you said usual however that they were 'banned' sometime in the past and now the rules would have to be changed again.

------------------
Hirosito Mori