PDA

View Full Version : Bronze Age + R:TW?

jtchris
10-30-2004, 07:10
I've seen it mentioned and asked elsewhere, but I wanted to start a new thread about it, just to gauge overall interest levels ...

Are there plans to take the obviously excellent HTW Bronze Age work and move it to the R:TW engine/world? I know, sprites != 3d models and all that, so there'd be a huge amount of work to do ...

I'd be INCREDIBLY interested in helping if such an effort was started. I've been an avid tabletop miniature wargame player for years, and time and again the period I keep coming back to Chariot Era/Late Bronze Age, give or take. Fascinating time, fascinating peoples, fascinating military history ... just all around cool.

And what an incredible gift in the utterly bizarre and anachronistic "Egyptian" forces in vanilla RTW? What a great base upon which to build to flesh out the period in which those units would *actually* have operated ...

I've begun work on Syrian chariots as we speak ...

-Jeff

dimitrios the samian
10-31-2004, 13:56
Hi Jt ..Do your interests go back far enough to include Sumeria , Old Babylon , Elam etc etc ?

Lord Zimoa of Flanders
11-01-2004, 10:49
At this stage it is to early to say in what direction we will go obviously we would prefer to use the RTW engine but modding takes time.
A project like HTW for MTW was a process of more than a year and at that time the MTW engine was already out for a long time and a lot of modding tools were already available.
Now with RTW the engine is just out and a lot more complex so if CA does not come up with the modding tools they promised to speed things up the community will have to make their own and this will take time only then we will be able to do total conversions using the RTW engine.
All help is welcome of course and it gives us joy that so many people are enjoying the HTW mod.

LZoF