PDA

View Full Version : Historic Battles MOD

NinjaCool
10-30-2004, 15:19
Historical Battles features as you might have guessed different historical battles as accurate as possible like correct army setup, placement, terran, unit ratio, strenght / weaknesses while preserving the excellent gameplay. Currently you will find 15 famous battle (also playable on Lan/Net, including 2vs2 player maps) ranging from Silarus River, Guagamela, Cannae, Marathon, Pharsalus and many many more which hopefully will offer you some tactical challenges as you take in command of some of the most famous generals and leaders in history like Darius - King of Kings :crown: Hannibal, Spartacus and Alexander the Great!

In short welcome to the most historic accurate MOD :book:

Download Link:
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=10607&st=0

NinjaCool
10-30-2004, 22:01
Here is a little sneak preview of a battle featured in upcoming release v2.3... can you guess the battle cause I wont say it right now :lipsrsealed2: http://home20.inet.tele.dk/creativ/walting.jpg

NinjaCool
11-01-2004, 20:49
Version 2.3 is here! Who says being busy cant be fun and rewarding? Again we have 2 new battles featuring none other then Kadesh, Egypt vs the Hitties in the oldest ever recorded mass battle and probably the biggest chariot warfare one too! Oh and not to forget I've managed to complete the massivly requested battle of Watling Street, where Boudicca, queen of the Iceni tribe (briton) rises up in revolt against the romans in a mix of revenge, liberation and hatred for the Romans... as always tell us what you think!

v2.3 is out
- map: The Battle of Kadesh 1299 BC added by request.
- map: Battle of Watling Street AD 61 added due to alot of requests.
- info: Both new battles are playable online as always.
- text: Corrected various names for generals ingame.
- addition: German language version of Historic Battles MOD available shortly.

Battle of Watling Street AD 61
http://home20.inet.tele.dk/creativ/walting.jpg

Dragoncrusader
11-03-2004, 23:28
Hi NinjaCool
Have downloaded the battles and they are excellent, so am down loading the 2.3 version as I am a big fan of Kadesh.
Can you let me know how you create historical battles in RTW? Where the files are, rough format etc.
Also for your information, a few of us have written a guide to creating MTW historical battles and the thread is kept in the Main Hall of the MTW forum. We have cracked most of the information but I am still a bit puzzled as to where they keep the text for the historical battles that come with the game. Am currently experimenting controlling the ai which allows me to add extra goals for the player and to get the ai to respond in a more historical way to events. Various folk are planning to put their efforts on the forum in the future.
Anyway keep up the good work.

Yoshitsune
01-03-2005, 15:44
Thanks for this historical battles pack, NinjaCool. I love to load up a quick historical fight and was disappointed there weren't more in the original game so this is fantastic. Great to be able to try some battles featured in Time Commanders but not included with the game... ~:)

chef4fun2
03-04-2005, 14:04
So ninjacool I was wondering I have been reading a boi on Alexander the Great. In the book there are details on the battles and the amount of troops. If you would like any info like me know. Also the battle at Hydaspes River It is considered the greatest battle of his battles. :book:

Spongly
03-05-2005, 13:57
Why are there Dacian falxmen at Watling street?

Oaty
03-07-2005, 10:43
Why are there Dacian falxmen at Watling street?

My guess is te represent how greatly the Romans were outnumbered. 10,000 Romans vs 70-100,000 Britons.

As for the Falxman, the Britons did have them.

Myrddraal
03-07-2005, 11:15
There is no dacian faction there, he just hasn't got any skins for british ones.

Rodion Romanovich
03-15-2005, 20:13
What files in my R:TW installation will be affected by this mod? I'd like to backup them just in case anything goes wrong, but I'm too lazy to wait the minutes it takes doing a backup of the entire R:TW installation. I'd also like to know if this mod will affect playing mp custom battles or playing mp historical battles.

Rodion Romanovich
03-15-2005, 20:21
Added: could you make a special release with manual install too? For example just a .zip-file with all the files and a small readme.txt that tells you where to put the files? Last time I installed a mod the install file was dirty so I'm a little suspicious about opening .exe files but would still like to enjoy your historical battles mod.

Lonely Soldier
03-17-2005, 09:06
Hi,

What's with all these great community mods doing what should have been done by the developer? And in general doing it better?!

This mod looks great for any fan of ancient history!!!

Are you planning to implement any famous sieges etc.?

If so you may want to consider hooking up with/using this mod I recently started (its at: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?p=717652 )!

Its main aim is to accurately recreate the ancient cities in the game!

Sorry for this blatant advertising! If you're interested just swing by the thread, if not ignore this shameless advertisement!

Yours'

Lonely Soldier

Dovlex
01-06-2008, 22:11
I get CTD when try to play histroy battles, what i need to

Roman_Man#3
01-06-2008, 22:41
This is probably only for RTW 1.0 or 1.2. You probably have 1.5 and so it doesn't work.