PDA

View Full Version : Conquistador Total War

dessa14
10-31-2004, 01:04
Reviving the Old Project, this time for rome.
you know what we are doing
Four Different Types of Techtrees, for four different types of Factions
Two Different Ages- an Early Age Lacking Spainish Presence, and a late age including the Spainairds.(there will always be two ages, but if we can edit the game to have an event that happens at the end of the early age then it will continue on)
Many different Factions, stretching in a map that covers from the northern reaches of Mesoamerica to the southern most point of south american civilization.
Balanced factions...
Spain suffers huge costs not only to build the units (as well as a 3-5 year production time, ships take much more time to build) but also a massive upkeep cost (supplies have to be shipped from spain, as well as the troops themselves have to be shipped from spain)
the other factions troops have a much bigger morale (exception are the militia style troops) they should have an advantage in most areas of the map, lots of men around, cheap, quick to build.
multiplayer will be attempted.
come on people join the project, this will actually work unlike the American conquest mod which i think will be terribly unbalanced.
we first of all need some new research, we'll start the project from scratch.
and then we'll start the project.
thanks,
dessa

Silver Rusher
11-20-2004, 22:47
This looks dead now.

How about joining Citadel: Total War? It is around nearly the same time.

shasla5
12-29-2004, 09:54
Well I thought it sounded cool...

Currian
12-29-2004, 12:32
Hmmm, maybe you could do it but then the native Americans, Maya, Aztecs and Incas should have lesser morale when challenged with firepower. Historically they thought the gods wanted to punish and they called guns 'firesticks' and they all feared it. In reality this mod is not ondoable, but it will be unplayable because of the Spaniards always winning. I read a book about how 187 Conquistadores beat an army of 80.000 indians with only one KIA themselves, and that was because the man weared no helmet. :book:

Kaiser of Arabia
12-29-2004, 18:21
My mod kinda covers this period, a little later, like aroud 1607 instead of 1550...
Join my mod!