PDA

View Full Version : Doing some units fixes, and other...

King Yngvar
10-31-2004, 03:25
Hello, I would appreciate if someone could help me on some matters concerning Germania. I would like to know how to mod these things:

De-Romanization of Germanian names (make them Old-Germanic, not Latin)
Have been playing around with the files a little on this one, edited "names.txt", "descr_names.txt" and "descr_names_lookup.txt" plus of course "descr_strat.txt". What annoyed me is the amount of files already found with names in it, I am pretty sure there are even more. The problem is, where?

Allow Germanians to have Swordsmen and Chosen Swordsmen.
Once again I tried to find the right files; "export_descr_unit.txt" and "export_descr_unit_enums.txt" was tried fixed by simply adding the units.

Create new unit: Made up by a dismounted Gothic cavalry, increased size to 40 (normal scale), give them swords instead of spears. This one I have no clue on...

What am I doing wrong on the first two? ~:confused: Could someone please tell me. And on the last one, if someone could give me a thoroughly instruction it would be appreciated. I don't have any photoshop, and don't know how to use such anyhow, so any editing must be possibly done with text files...

King Yngvar
10-31-2004, 03:56
Oh, and another thing. Would like to add Sarmatians to Scythia, as they are in real lack of units I think...

King Yngvar
10-31-2004, 21:39
Not one person here who knows how? ~:confused:

dj jones
10-31-2004, 22:31
I cant give you precise directions, but there are definitely threads here and at twcenter that have specific directions for changing, adding, and adding brand new units to any faction you want. I followed a few and changed some so I know the directions work.

trouble is, it was over a week ago and i dont remember what i did ...

mynameisjonas
11-01-2004, 02:28
To allow Germans to have chosen swords men you edit the export_desc_unit and include Germans as a faction that can produce chosen swordsmen. Then you have to make sure that the germans can produce a building that allows the chosen swordsmen unit to be recruited, which is the export_desc_buildings text file. For example,

building temple_of_violence...
temple_of_violence_large_temple requires factions { germans, pontus, macedon, romans_brutii, }
{
capability
{
recruit "barb berserker german" 0 requires factions { germans, }
happiness_bonus bonus 3
recruits_exp_bonus bonus 2
}
construction 3
cost 1600
settlement_min city
upgrades
{
temple_of_violence_awesome_temple
}
}
temple_of_violence_awesome_temple requires factions { pontus, macedon, romans_brutii, }
{
capability
{
recruit "roman arcani" 0 requires factions { romans_brutii, }
happiness_bonus bonus 4
recruits_exp_bonus bonus 3
}
construction 5
cost 3200
settlement_min large_city
upgrades
{
temple_of_violence_pantheon
}
}
temple_of_violence_pantheon requires factions { macedon, romans_brutii, }
{
capability
{
recruit "roman arcani" 0 requires factions { romans_brutii, }
happiness_bonus bonus 5
recruits_exp_bonus bonus 3
recruits_morale_bonus bonus 1
trade_base_income_bonus bonus 2
population_health_bonus bonus 2
}
construction 6
cost 6400
settlement_min huge_city
upgrades

You would edit the building to allow for chosen swordsmen instead of/also the berserker unit.

Next edit the descr_model_battle text file.

To create a new unit is trickier, you'll have to do the above then edit the models_unit folder and depending on the unit you wan to produce you might have to play with the skeletons to combine new animations and download a CAS file editor etc., but I'm not very experienced with that.

King Yngvar
11-01-2004, 19:36
Thank you, I shall try and fail I guess ~:)

King Yngvar
11-01-2004, 21:39
Added chosen swordsmen and barbarian mercenaries to the Germans, one problem, instead of showing the icon of swordsmen it show the icon of peasants ~:confused:

dj jones
11-02-2004, 17:36
theres a fix for this one as well - you cant search here, but you can search over at twcenter.net. I was able to dig it up about a week ago or so

moksha
11-02-2004, 20:26
to stop peasants appearing you need to provide a tga pic of your unit, same size as others located in data/ui/units/"faction name" and data/ui/unit_info/"faction name"

So copy the chosen's tga's into these folders, the name should match whatever you've called them in descr_unit.txt

I think that covers it, if not this thread by Duke John lists all the files that need changing for new/changed units:

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=37343