PDA

View Full Version : Too much snow!

Jagger
10-31-2004, 16:19
Ok this is driving me nuts. I have been working on this all morning without success.

It seems to me that snow covers way too much of Europe during the winter. So I decided to try to change the snow coverage.

First, I went to the descr_climates folder. I started experimenting. First, I removed "winter" from the temperate_grasslands_fertile climate area. Perfect on the first try. On the strategy map, primarily mountains and closely surrounding areas in Europe remain in snow during the winter-plus a good chuck of Russian. In the changed areas of the strat map, trees remain covered in snow but the ground is green. I like it.

So I test a battle in the newly altered areas. Not good. Map is complete blinding snow.

Next I go into the descr_geography file. Each climate type has different textures assigned dependent on whether it is summer or winter. OK, maybe this is it. For temperature_grassland_fertile, I replace the winter textures of grass, rocks, etc with summer textures. One texture is a pure snow texture. I remove it as well. I leave the winter "tree" and "shrub" textures. Back to test it. No go...still all blinding winter battlemap.

So then I go to the actual terrain TGA's contained in Data/battlefield/ temperate_grassland_fertile folder. Again the TGA's are divided into summer and winter folders. I replace the winter TGA's with summer TGA's. This has got to do the job. Back to battlefield test, sheeshhh...still blinding snow everywhere!!!

Ok, I have spent several hours this morning on this. Any ideas???

Anyone tried to mod battlefield weather????