PDA

View Full Version : Scale: Giant units

hoggy
10-31-2004, 17:35
Has anyone out there been able to create giant units yet? There are scaling values in descr_skeleton.txt and descr_model.txt which should in theory be enough to scale existing skeletons (see the cheat mumakil skeleton in descr_skeleton) and allow us to have large humanoids ie trolls.

I've been having a look at scaling units and I'm a bit stuck. I've created a new skeleton by copying an existing one in decr_skeleton.txt and giving it a scale command of 4.0. Then I've assigned that new skeleton to a unit in descr_models_battle.txt and given that unit a scale value of 4.0 also and the game CTDs.

Also tried just scaling fs_dagger in decr_skeleton.txt and then scaling all units which use this skeleton but it crashes on entering the game. I looked at the oliphant .cas model and it's no larger than other elephants so it must all occur in text files.

Are there any other files that might need to be editted when creating a new skeleton? Has anyone had any luck with this? Would be excellent if we could do it.