PDA

View Full Version : What do parameters of units mean?

Red Knight
11-01-2004, 11:23
Oh, I know -- attack is attack e.t.c.

I am interested more with a complicated question:
What probability of that the soldier with some parameters will strike successful blow to the opponent with some other parameters? What formula is used at calculation?

Sinner
11-01-2004, 16:04
I believe that this answer is known only to CA at the moment. I do recall a comment by a CA member that the combat system is completrly different to that in MTW, so we can't even really take a best guess from there.

Red Harvest
11-01-2004, 17:45
It looks similar to MTW to me. The calcs are probably changed (new) so the old formulas no longer apply, but the base modifiers are not all that different (look at shield values.) RTW does have a direct link between graphics and the attack and that part appears to differ considerably from MTW.

Red Knight
11-03-2004, 03:59
You refer on MTW. It means, what for MTW the answer is known? If yes, where it can be read? :book:

I believe, what animation depend on formula, not probability depend on animation. Not animation solves, the legionary
1) will lift a shild to protect himself from an arrow
2) or will fall dead.

So, we can find out formula, and when modify the game with open eyes. ~:eek:

Red Harvest
11-03-2004, 15:39
I've read it before...but it has been a long, long time. I have no idea where the guides are now with that info...or how to even search for them anymore. Sorry, I know that is not very helpful.