PDA

View Full Version : Anyone modded some Greek Infantry?

qmark
11-03-2004, 17:59
erm, this is a post that does (or is looking for) exactly what it says on the tin.

I've looked at the opulent mod and will give it a go when I can, but I was kinda looking for something a little more down to earth. Absolutely no offense intended to the modder, I'm looking forward to trying it.

Anyway, thanks for any help offered.

Spartiate
11-03-2004, 19:28
Go to www.twcenter.net and go to the down-loads index.Look in RTW mods and RTW miscellaneous and you will find Spartan,Macedonian Pikemen and many more altered and improved(in some cases) units.
Have fun senor.

qmark
11-04-2004, 11:24
Is this sword weilding infantry of spear? I'm kinda of the impression that swords are better when fighting on the walls.

Cheers for the quick answer dude!

Spartiate
11-04-2004, 21:57
Sorry i wasn't online. It's all spear wielding infantry but if you disable the phalanxe when in combat with sword or axe infantry your units should fight back with swords.I know the Spartans and Sacred Band Infantry do anyway in the original and i think the new Macedonian Phalanx units do too.

qmark
11-05-2004, 11:05
Yeah, or I suppose alt and right click eh?

I was looking at the Seleucid units and thinking of adding the greek_cities to the ownership line of the desc_unit.txt. Would this enable the cities to build a unit that should really be from another faction? Or do I have to modify the buildings txt file too?

I'll worry about textures later! Cheers Dude!

aw89
11-07-2004, 15:44
sry for bringing up old topic but, do you know why twcenter.net is down?