PDA

View Full Version : Modding difficulty

Warlock
11-04-2004, 01:00
Is it possible to change the way higher difficulty settings work in battle so that the AI gets bigger units instead of better ones? Say 20% bigger on Hard, 50% bigger on Very Hard?

Jambo
11-04-2004, 10:40
Great idea! The bigger units would have to not cost any more in terms of denari or population though, but that being taken as a given, then this is a superb idea. I'd like to fight more/bigger AI armies, rather than artificially boosted ones we have at present.

EDIT: In terms of actually answering your question, alas I do not think this is possible given the files we're currently able to mod.

Red Harvest
11-04-2004, 18:09
I've actually been wondering if part of the problem with the VH level is the reported +7 attack and its effect on kill rates and by extension: short fights with rapid routing. It would make a lot more sense to increase defensive skill a notch or two, and reduce attack skill. This would take some of the afterburner out of the AI charge effects, and at the same time make the AI less vulnerable to cavalry charges.

If memory serves, in MTW on expert units got a boost of +2 attack and +2 defense or something like that.

Turbo
11-04-2004, 20:28
The very hard setting is actually easier than the hard setting in that the bonuses for difficulty encourage the AI to suicide attack with his general.