PDA

View Full Version : Unlink Happiness and Squallor

Servius
11-06-2004, 01:36
1 Squallor = -0.5% Happiness and -0.5% Population Growth

How do I mod out the negative Hapiness factor from Squallor (so that Squallor only negatively affects population growth?

barocca
11-06-2004, 01:47
is that equation stashed in a text file?
(if so tell me which text file and i will go and look)

Servius
11-06-2004, 19:50
such a file is exactly what I'm looking for.

Nope, that's just what the interface says. When you build a Sanitation building, it says +1 Health. When you build it, you get 1 Heart icon in the top (possitive) side of the Pop. Growth and the Happiness scales.

I have no idea how many people = 1 point of Squallor, but I guess that each point of Squallor produces (I'm guessing) 1 dirty bag on the bottom (negative) side of the Pop. Growth and Happiness scales.

The BIG picture: It is far easier to expand your population than it is to counter the negative Squallor effects of that expanded population. Sanitation buildings seem stupid because they seem to help and hurt in equal measure. They may actually hurt more than help because the compounding negative Squallor effects may be greater than the pidly 0.5% Health improvement to Happiness.

I already know where the file is that says "Sanitation buildings X grants +1 Health. The problem is there's another file somewhere that says "+1 Health = +0.5% Pop. Growth AND +0.5% Happiness." I may just replace the Health bonus with one that only improves Happiness (and not Pop. Growth) like Law or something.

Morat
11-07-2004, 01:17
I have no idea how many people = 1 point of Squallor,Have a look at the table in this thread (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=37586). It details how squalor varies with population for each given government building.

Servius
11-07-2004, 07:36
As far as I can tell, Squallor only exists to penalize you for growing too fast and/or to require you to build certain buildings. Because it only acts as a time and money sink, and because it is the sole cause behind why I have to micromanage my cities so much, I'm startling to lose my inhibition about deleting it.

Does anyone know how to delete Squallor from the game, or at least sever the connection between it and population?