PDA

View Full Version : Number of heirs

Steppe Merc
11-07-2004, 19:26
I'm not sure if this is possible, but if it is, their should be a lot more heirs for the factions, espically the Eastern factions, in partituclar Parthia. They all had multiple wives and cocubines, and while this can't be properly done in the game, they should still have a lot more sons (and daughters). Any one know how to do this?

King Yngvar
11-07-2004, 19:29
I'm not sure if this is possible, but if it is, their should be a lot more heirs for the factions, espically the Eastern factions, in partituclar Parthia. They all had multiple wives and cocubines, and while this can't be properly done in the game, they should still have a lot more sons (and daughters). Any one know how to do this?

Germanian kings also had multiple wives and concubined (or slave women). I don't know about the Romans or Greeks, but I do believe most "pagans" allowed polygami.

Steppe Merc
11-07-2004, 19:50
Good point. The Macedonians certaintly had many wives, at least during Philip and Alexanders time. I think the Romans only had one wife, and only bedded slaves, and I don't think the illegitimate sons were counted. The Numidians I know also had multiple wives/children. Not sure about the Egyptians (since they married their sisters), but they may have had concubines.

Sethik
11-07-2004, 20:15
I believe almost all ancient societies practiced poligamy. I think it was the rise of Christianity that stopped the practice.

khelvan
11-07-2004, 21:04
We can add hidden fertility bonuses for those factions. I do not know about multiple wives...

Steppe Merc
11-07-2004, 22:33
I wasn't asking if we could have multiple wives. I didn't think we could do it, but to reprsent it, just make the factions heirs and daughters (a lot) more common.

Sethik
11-09-2004, 21:40
Didn't some of the eastern Kings have something like 50+ children? They screwed like rabbits!

The samnite
11-09-2004, 23:04
I like the idea here. It would also help the AI to have a few more armies with family members as leaders.

Steppe Merc
11-10-2004, 00:21
Yes, the Eastern kings were quite promiscus to say the least. Though I can hardly think that it we can have that many heirs, but they certaintly need more heirs (and more daughters).