PDA

View Full Version : ideas

DeadRunner
11-08-2004, 17:53
I have a idea our 2.

-In siege i think that towns with port, should be harder to starve them , because they receive goods from the harbor, to a major siege to be sucefull a blokade should be made.

-the mercenary units status should be higher than the regular army,mercenary here expert units and battle veterans(most of times).

[cF]HanBaal
11-08-2004, 19:49
Hi DeadRunner! Outro Tuga por aqui!? ~:cheers:

I agree with the longer sieges on port cities (unless the port is blockaded too). Other thing, don't you guys think sapping works .. uh.. too well?! I never use artillery nor towers nor rams... just bring down the walls with 0 casualties using sappers ... and then send the elephants. It's too damn easy the way ti is and I want to feel necessity in using art and assault towers to make assaults more realistic.

About the mercs I disagree. Ok that they were perhaps more experienced (not all mercs were veteran since the large payments interested both n00bs and veterans)... but now compensate that with the fact that they were fighting for a foreign country. The balance in the end wouldn't make that much difference imo.

chemchok
11-08-2004, 21:00
I think that at the very least, the build points needed for sapping points should be increased (if that's possible, of course ;)).

As for mercs, the original RTW system already has more experienced units showing up in specific provinces. For example, I was able to recruit a level 3 merc hoplite unit outside of Sparta, but it took a long time for the unit to regenerate. I'm sure the merc list will be tweaked a lot, but I think it's a good idea to have a balance between low-level mercs to quickly bulk up your army and a few elite units in specific provinces that can help tip the balance in a battle.

DeadRunner
11-08-2004, 22:01
[QUOTE='[cF]HanBaal']Hi DeadRunner! Outro Tuga por aqui!? ~:cheers:

Heheh mais um tuga fixe ~D

DeadRunner
11-09-2004, 13:08
The atheans will be in the game ??
Ill they get superior naval force our upgrades like the Scipii???

atheans main weapon was is naval force rather ground army´s

Barry Soteiro
06-20-2008, 20:08
gnarly ! :balloon2:

Maion Maroneios
06-21-2008, 11:40
Athenians in the game? Haven't you played the game yet? The are part of the Chremonidean Alliance, represented by the Koinon Hellenon in EB. About their naval, it was indeed excellent during the Golden Age of Pericles. Athens was not what it used to be, concerning her military and naval might.

Havok.
06-21-2008, 12:55
lol sou de Trás-os-Montes !:sweatdrop:

Maion Maroneios
06-21-2008, 16:56
Could you just stick to english, please?

Tabeia
06-21-2008, 17:06
Athenians in the game? Haven't you played the game yet? The are part of the Chremonidean Alliance, represented by the Koinon Hellenon in EB. About their naval, it was indeed excellent during the Golden Age of Pericles. Athens was not what it used to be, concerning her military and naval might.

2004 topic :balloon2:

Jolt
06-21-2008, 19:05
lol sou de Trás-os-Montes !:sweatdrop:

Eu sou de Espinho. (Yay, Portuguese union power!)

Anyways, sticking to english. In real life, armies had way to counter the sapping of walls by counter digging tunnels and having the element of surprise (Since the workers were often too concentrated or tired with the sapping), as soon as the tunnels connected, soldiers would be sent to slaughter the sapping workers. That could in turn lead to a surprise attack against the besieging camp, using the dugout tunnels and the unawareness of the besieging army of what was happening inside the tunnels. Otherwise, they could use any method to nulify the tunnel (Flooding it with water), but that wouldn't be very wise, considering they'd still be besieged (If a relief force would be on it's way it could be a good method of maintaining on the defensive). Chinese used smoke to suffocate the sappers.

In RTW, defending armies do nothing but watch still as the armies dig their tunnels and destroy the walls. Just one of the several limitations of the game. Another blatant one is the lack of moats, which were another of the reasons why tunnels had to be dug carefully so they wouldn't end up exiting on the moat, rather than inside the city.