PDA

View Full Version : Adventus Saxonum- The coming of the Saxons

The_Doctor
11-09-2004, 16:15
This is mod is about the Anglo-Saxon invasion of Britain and the Scottish migration from Ireland

Map

The map will cover the same area as the map on the Viking campaign on MTW with a bit more of the continent

Factions

http://www.earlybritishkingdoms.com/maps/450_kingdoms.html
This looks like a good map, some of the smaller factions will be rebels and there is no Ireland or the continent.

Time

450AD-?

Making the mod

This is the first time I have tried to make a mod. So for me it is an experience gaining project. I would like people with little or no modding experience to help with the mod to give them a chance to gain some experience. Most of the factions will be based on the barbarian factions in RTW with a few changes.

What needs to be done

Campaign Map- I can do this myself.

Units- Need help here with unit types and making them

Tech tree- more shallow than the RTW with more building at lower levels, most units will be low tech with experience ungrades later on, a lot like the tech tree in the viking campaign. I have no idea how you change the tech tree. :embarassed:

More to come later.

The_Doctor
11-09-2004, 18:53
After doing some more research I do not think the Anglo-Saxon invasion of Britain is a good idea. Why, because the anglo-saxon armies are too small e.g. 200 men carving out a small territory for them selves isn't really "Total War".

So can the mods delete this thread.

King Yngvar
11-09-2004, 22:07
Hmm, if you are interrested in seing the Saxons in a mod, check out the "Viking Age: Total War!" topic, it is just in the planning and idea phase. Pherhaps you would like to be a part of the team and make the campaign map?