PDA

View Full Version : Deleting Factions

The Evil Emperor Mindstation
11-09-2004, 23:03
I'm having trouble deleting carthage. I can start the campaign just fine but as soon as I try to look at where carthage was the game CTDs. I've deleted carthage from the descr_strat.txt file and moved their provences to rebels. Is their something I'm missing?

Thanks for any help.

-Emp

Myrddraal
11-10-2004, 17:30
The only thing I can think of right now is that you could have missed one of the provinces. Are you using the show_err on the shortcut? Sorry but thats all I can think of.

11-11-2004, 01:23
Nope. I didn't see any provences of carthage. On the minimap it even shows the provences belonging to the rebels. The game CTD and doesn't given error report. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Sinner
11-11-2004, 01:29
I believe that the Carthage faction must still exist with at least a faction leader, including bodyguard. Since the faction has no cities it will die out at the beginning of the game. When placing the faction leader, make sure he isn't inside a city, I would guess this would either cause an error or it'd be counted as a captured city & the faction thus saved.

The settlements for the ex-Carthaginian provinces must all be setup even if they have no buildings. Segesta in Liguria would be a good example of this.

11-11-2004, 01:58
Thanks Sinner, that did it.

-Emp

Duke John
11-11-2004, 07:07
The above is a solution, but not the correct solution to your problem.

In Data\world\maps\base\descr_regions.txt you have a list of the provinces with some details. Now let's take this entry:

Sardinia
Caralis
carthage
Beronicensis
198 35 13
wine, dogs, pigs
Notice carthage in the third entry. This is about which faction started the city. So when the campaign loads up the game notices it and will show a carthagian city. But carthage is no longer present in the game, so whenever you move the camera to a carthagian city the game tries to visualize it -> *not present in campaign* -> CTD!

So search for carthage in Data\world\maps\base\descr_regions.txt and replace the carthage faction entry with "numidia" (looks appropiate). Do not replace the city Carthage itself in Africa!

Cheers,
DJ

11-11-2004, 07:58
Thanks John, it works now. ~:)

-emp