PDA

View Full Version : Team denari

Sid_Quibley
11-09-2004, 23:33
I noticed this while playing rtw last night.Joined a 2v2 game, forgot to select a team and chose my army(denari level was 50k on entry screen).Presumably I spent 50k by buying 20 units with full upgrades.A player dropped and I remembered Id not selected a team so went back and set to team 1 allied to host.Went back to army selection and got a message saying not enough florin for my armySo downgraded everything and scrapped some expensive units for cheaper ones and started game.

Me and the host subsequently got stuffed by two obviously overpowered armies(I was facing spqr with urban cohorts sporting 8/9 upgrade flags)

Presumably this means in a 2v2 of 50k per team if one side teams up in selection screen and the other 2 dont you will end up playing 50k v 2 armies of 50k(ie 100k).

Anyone else experienced this?

Dionysus9
11-10-2004, 00:15
I'm aware of it. The catch is that the two guys with 50k each are technically enemies--and their units will fight eachother if they get close to one another.

Of course, your opponents might have been on the same team afterall and maybe they were just cheating.

Kinda hard to tell without logfiles.

lol, this game cracks me up.

Ziu
11-30-2004, 04:59
I had exactly the same problem.
Can someone please explain how the team denari system works.

ichi
11-30-2004, 06:06
I had exactly the same problem.
Can someone please explain how the team denari system works.

After trying Rome SP and figuring out the commands and armies, I ventured into the MP lobby. I had played several games, even won one, when I think that I stumbled onto this team selection issue.

I got kicked out the game and chastised for being a noob. Now I get called a noob a lot, so that just slid off, but it has been a very long time since I got booted out of a game.

Haven't been back since. Which is OK 'cause VI still rocks.

If anyone can explain this (the denari/team thing, not why I am noob) coherently I would like to know.

:bow:

ichi

Dionysus9
11-30-2004, 09:22
In order to select your team you have to change the roman numeral letter by your name. The first thing you should do when you join a game is to check the numeral and make sure you are on the right team.

If its a two player game, you don't want to be on team III.

Thats the only thing that I could imagine you might have stumbled into.

Ziu
11-30-2004, 15:13
Thanks Dionysus9, that's one thing explained. But, the main question I have (and I think is what others want to know) is how do I know how much money I have to spend?
I joined a game the other night and the denari amount was listed as 10,000. So I spent 10,000 building an army but when I pressed the next arrow I got an error message. "You don't have enough denari" (or somesuch). Denari now read -4500. Ok I think, must be half of 10,000 as it's a two player team. So I build a 5000 denari army and log on only to be faced with a huge enemy army.
What's the jon dory? Can someone help us noobs?

Sid_Quibley
11-30-2004, 17:51
Well in a 2v2 lets assume players a and b are set to team 1.Players c and d join game and set to team 2.All players go to army selection screen,where denari level is set to 20k per team(ie 10k per player).During army selection any player could hop back to team selection screen and change his team number,or a player could drop and a new one joins and fails to select team 1 or 2.

Lets say player a hops back and changes his team number to 3.So a would be t3 b would be t1 and c and d would be t2 still.a and b would have 20k each to spend and could still ally together in battle while c and d would only have 10k each to spend.

Nigel
11-30-2004, 20:05
During army selection any player could hop back to team selection screen and change his team number

If that is true it can really make things confusing..... :dizzy2:

Louis de la Ferte Ste Colombe
11-30-2004, 20:30
If that is true it can really make things confusing..... :dizzy2:

It is true... It sure makes thing confusing ~D

Recntly I hosted a 3v3... One of the player started to spend the money before the other two came... He spend it all, when eventually he was joined by two teammebers, he went deep negative, the other could spend nothing. Then they started to argue ~D

Funny ~D

Louis,

PS; it's quite easy to spot non allies players; the deployment zone is different...

Puzz3D
12-01-2004, 00:35
I think the easiest solution here would be to make the denari setting be per player and not per team. However, this was not put in the MP petition. I don't think there is any chance of getting a separate setting for each player. Since players couldn't agree to ask for the simpler solution, we'll probably get no solution to this problem in the v1.2 patch.

WarlordScuta
12-09-2004, 14:41
I hope a patch will clear these problems with a free Denarii selection per player!!
Then all the problems in Teamgames would have an end!