PDA

View Full Version : General Tool for Modding

Lord Xelous
11-11-2004, 23:41
This is our work in progress to help us mod RTW and make NTWII....

If you feel it is of some use to you, find a bug, or wish to make a comment, please do so below. It is a work in progress and only an alpha, and is changing daily.... hourly at times.

http://www12.brinkster.com/thelordz/toolz/traiteditor.html

Visit: www.thelordz.co.uk for NTW and NTW2 information.

Regards

Lord Xelous of the Lordz

GodsPetMonkey
11-12-2004, 09:29
Nice work! Good to see other people trying to make these things easier.

I noticed you can trick it into saving a non-existant trait to memory, which leads to an instant illegal operation (possible array out of bounds?), best possible fix is adding the ability to add new traits ~;)

Lord Xelous
11-12-2004, 18:56
Send me a screen shot of the error, there's no array in there, so you should not be able to see any thing in the trait list but actual phsycial traits...

anywhew, I have fixed several minor memory related issues today, and v1.05 is out, it does a few more things, and the start of the triggers section is visible.

Regards

Lord Xelous

Lord Xelous
11-15-2004, 16:15
New, Alpha v1.06 is available, a lot of bugs removed, and new features added.

Rewrote a few other bits, anti-traits next, though I have no idea what the game is doing with the anti-traits, anyone know????

And once thats done, it's on to tiggers, and then anything else you lovely peeps want to edit more easily.

Lord Xelous

Duke John
11-15-2004, 16:40
About anti-traits: just a wild guess, but I read somewhere that the kids of a ruler could get traits the opposite of the traits that ruler has. For example the drunk trait; the kids get the sober trait. Could it be that?

Myrddraal
11-15-2004, 17:31
Could Anti-Traits be traits that cannot be used in combination with each other.

E.g. Drunk/Sober, Good Commander/Bad Commander.

I don't know I'm just guessing.

Lord Xelous
11-15-2004, 18:20
The anti-traits is a bit of a mystery, changing them seems to have no effect.

I do wonder if they get listed in other Gernerals, because when I have one mighty commander, I find that he gets good traits, and those I leave in cities get bad ones... maybe if we're earning good traits on one man all the others get bad ones?

I'm going to be looking at triggers next, so that may shed some light on it.

Anyway, v1.07 is out, it does traits properly now, it's got the Epithet field, the anti-traits add, remove & save correctly, and generally the data handling it much better.

The UI is still clunky, but I'm going to sort that later.

Enjoy.

LX

http://www12.brinkster.com/thelordz/toolz/traiteditor.html