PDA

View Full Version : Thread subdivision for Faction and Unit groups?

Aymar de Bois Mauri
11-12-2004, 19:55
I have been asked by several people to subdivide the Factions and units - info and descriptions and the Unit changes/New unit implementation/3d and 2d unit graphics groups, in their respective factions subgroups. This will imply the creation of two threads for each faction info. One regarding the new units graphical work, the other the Historical descriptions and general info. This will amount to 19*2 = 38 new threads in the EB Forum. Of course that I will only create the ones currently being worked upon, but even that will mean: 10*2 = 20 new threads. I would like to make this in the best and most efficient way to facilitate the use of information.

What do you think? Any ideas?

The samnite
11-12-2004, 22:23
Can't vote, but I'm sure it needs to be divided.

Can you create new subforums for these areas? It might make it a bit easier to navigate.

PROMETHEUS
11-12-2004, 22:39
why not collect the units in the same thread of the faction description?

eadingas
11-12-2004, 22:48
I vote for subforum, too, if it's possible.
Not that I can vote, being a junior and all...

Urnamma
11-12-2004, 23:13
Can't vote either, but I say they should go in restricted forum. That way people'll be surprised when they go to play the release version of the mod.

khelvan
11-13-2004, 00:22
I would like to see them broken down, yes, but no need to make two threads per faction. I think it is enough to make a "Carthage" thread, and have all unit, city, province, name, and other work done in that thread.

I also agree with the sentiment above to keep it in the hidden forum, so that when we release the first public version of the mod we will have a LOT of happy, surprised people!

Aymar de Bois Mauri
11-14-2004, 21:44
Can't vote, but I'm sure it needs to be divided.
Vote added.

Can you create new subforums for these areas? It might make it a bit easier to navigate.
No. I cannot. And asking Tosa might be pushing it.

Aymar de Bois Mauri
11-14-2004, 21:45
why not collect the units in the same thread of the faction description?
It will be implemented like that exactly.

Aymar de Bois Mauri
11-14-2004, 21:46
I vote for subforum, too, if it's possible.
Not that I can vote, being a junior and all...
Too bad I can't create a subforum.

Aymar de Bois Mauri
11-14-2004, 21:47
Can't vote either, but I say they should go in restricted forum. That way people'll be surprised when they go to play the release version of the mod.
Vote added.

Aymar de Bois Mauri
11-14-2004, 21:55
I would like to see them broken down, yes, but no need to make two threads per faction. I think it is enough to make a "Carthage" thread, and have all unit, city, province, name, and other work done in that thread.

I also agree with the sentiment above to keep it in the hidden forum, so that when we release the first public version of the mod we will have a LOT of happy, surprised people!
It's settled then. Final votes:

Yes. Subdivide them in the EB forum. 2 votes - 20 %
Yes. Subdivide them in the EB forum as stikies. 2 votes - 20 %
Yes. Subdivide them in the EB restricted forum as stikies. 6 votes - 60%

-Division of EVERY information and work by factions.
-Posted as stikies in the restricted forum.

Thread closed.