PDA

View Full Version : Getting rid of the Senate

Myrddraal
11-12-2004, 21:08
This is a problem which is buggin people, the necessity of the Senate, here's an idea on how to get round the problem.

This only works if Rome does not have to be owned by the Senate. You make a small unplayable faction, and place it in the corner of the world. You then change one of their provinces, preferably one surrounded by more of their provinces, and give it to the senate. You give the senate one unit (The family member and leader), give the town no defences, and surround it with enemy armies.

The Senate would then get destroyed in the first turn, no more senate, no more missions.

Of course if the this province had to be Rome then the small insignificant faction would win, which would never do.

Would it work?

Bacchon
11-12-2004, 23:30
Why give them a city at all? Just give them a one-unit army, no city, and stick them in an unregarded corner somewhere. They'll die off automatically, first turn. Problem solved. I haven't tested this, mind you, so it might not work perfectly.

-edit-

Grrr. The Senate appears to be able to live without any cities, and the game won't start unless they have a named character and leader. I gave Latium to the Julii in a copy of the imperial campaign, and left the Senate with only one tiny army sitting in the wilderness, but no dice. I tried making him 100, in hopes that he would simply croak right away, which wouldn't be a pretty solution even if it worked, but the old fart seems determined to keep on living, despite several years of play. And it won't let me make him 200. I thought that maybe he'd keep on living provided he was in Roman territory, but moving him into the middle of the Sahara doesn't appear to be affecting his health any.

Perhaps pre-defining the Senate at war with, say, Parthia and leaving him in a tiny army next to a big Parthian one would do the trick, but that's still not a very elegant solve.

I'll keep investigating.

-edit-

Oh, it appears that Rome does not -have- to be controlled by the Senate at the start of the game. :shrug: