PDA

View Full Version : Middle Earth: Total War for Rome

Encaitar
11-13-2004, 05:57
Yes that's right, ME:TW is under development for Rome!

The Strategic side of things is in a quite advanced stage, but the Tactical Battles have had virtually no work done as yet. Why? Because we need graphics artists! If you're interested and capable, please let me know. ~:)

For more details, visit our forums over at the Chamber of Records (http://www.chamber-of-records.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=17).

hoggy
11-13-2004, 08:53
That's looking stunning Encaitar, top job with the map!

Duke John
11-13-2004, 09:19
Nice job, Encaitar, I wish you all the good luck with it!

soibean
11-13-2004, 15:51
looks great so far

Silver Rusher
11-13-2004, 16:04
*drools at the mouth*

TigerVX
11-13-2004, 22:19
When I checked the ME:TW forums and saw that, I was just awe inspired. I mean, its totally complete! The cities are all renamed, factions designated, symbols there, everything! I was like "Holy Crap!" I wish I could help. But I'm already in Fourth Age : Total War. But my skins aren't that great anyways =P. Anyways, I'll be sure to keep an eye on this. And please don't feel us as a Competator, I mean, we're all just doing this for Tolkien aren't we =P.

Encaitar
11-14-2004, 01:24
Not at all Tiger. You guys have got a great new concept there for a Tolkien mod, and it looks like you're producing some excellent work. Best of luck with it. ~:)

Merlin271
11-14-2004, 14:38
Does this mean that METW for VI is finished, or have you abandoned that now to concentrate on RTW?

CrackedAxe
11-14-2004, 15:23
Looks cool, I really cant wait.

Seems like you have to be careful with these Middle-Earth based mods now though. look what happened to the Middle-Earth mod for Morrowind. A fan built, free mod that was shut down overnight after two years of development. Seems that certain lawyers got in touch with the development team and scared the hell out of them.

Just a thought.

Silver Rusher
11-14-2004, 17:16
Well, why not just merge togethor and have a sort of MTW style, where instead of Early, High and Late you just have First age (hmm...), Second Age (hobbit!), Third Age and Fourth age?

Vercingetorix
11-14-2004, 20:57
Wow I'm really looking forward to this! So far great work.

As far as legality is concerned you can always change the names of everything and there is nothing they can do about it really. So instead of copy-writed terms and names make up something similier, names like "Gondor" or "Rivendell" might be be changed to "Goondor" and "Rivendale". If you see what I mean, but I wouldn't worry about that yet keep up the good work ~:)

Silver Rusher
11-14-2004, 21:58
Hey, wait a minute, why is the Lonely Mountain a town? Surely the dragon from 'The Hobbit' would have destroyed all life on the mountain, leaving it deserted forever?

TigerVX
11-14-2004, 22:42
Nope, right after that the Dwarves reinhabited it. Infact, during the War of the Ring Sauron sent Easterlings and Orcs to besiege Dale and Ereboer because he thought they could turn the tides of Peleoner Fields.

NicSO
11-14-2004, 23:21
Just one word WOW.....
I just cant wait for this one:)

Aldaceleb
11-15-2004, 06:17
wow... this is a great mod. ~:)
any unit pictures yet?

Encaitar
11-15-2004, 09:13
Nope, hence why we're recruiting graphics artists. ~:)

JR-
11-15-2004, 21:32

Seems like you have to be careful with these Middle-Earth based mods now though. look what happened to the Middle-Earth mod for Morrowind. A fan built, free mod that was shut down overnight after two years of development. Seems that certain lawyers got in touch with the development team and scared the hell out of them.

Just a thought.
that is a great shame. :(

Dimeola
11-17-2004, 19:06
What exactly do you need done?
D

Encaitar
11-18-2004, 02:03
Unit graphics (i.e. what you see in battles).

avarin
11-18-2004, 05:15
Encaitar I'd like to help out, but I'm not the talent of DJ or Hoggy. I don't even know where to get started exactly, but I'd imagine we would want new 3d models as well as just skins for the models. However If I could see a way to do it clearly and had the software tools needed I'd consider it a great honor to help this one out.

Avarin

avarin
11-18-2004, 05:28
My only caveat is that I don't want to use WETA or any other comercial designs for anything, I know they're popular but we should avoid any potential legal issues with Big Biz, could we make first and second age campaigns too? Its nice to see all the great work you've been doing.

Where available we should use primary source material for unit design and creation. The kids can get BFME if they want the movies.

Avarin.

Encaitar
11-18-2004, 14:05
My only caveat is that I don't want to use WETA or any other comercial designs...
Where available we should use primary source material for unit design and creation. The kids can get BFME if they want the movies.
That caveat is already part of ME:TW policy. ~:)
There's quite a bit of concept art and models for MTW to base designs off, so it's mainly a matter of building the models and skins for RTW. (as though that's a small thing!)

If you're up for it, drop me a pm or email.

avarin
11-19-2004, 05:01
Thanks Encaitar. But considering the effort involved I don't want to do so much and not be allowed to contribute original art and designs to the team. Good Luck. I sense DJ and Hoggy will return soon enough to this one...

Avarin

HahnHolio
11-19-2004, 12:24
Very kewl campmap there ...
i cant encourage u enuff to werk hard on this, coz ima big fan of LotR.

I could lend my researching hands for unit accurateness and and prolly write desc_txt files for the various buildings and units ... ( im no good at gfx).
If u would like another hand drop me a mail : masterhahn@yahoo.com

looking forward to this release !!!

Aldaceleb
11-19-2004, 14:11
You should make beornings as a faction, too.

Thedevil003
11-20-2004, 00:26
can we get a guide on how to create the campaign map.

Encaitar
11-20-2004, 06:01
There's a good guide in the "Guides, Tutorials and Tools" forum:
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=39456

AssasinsShadow
11-30-2004, 03:38
thx for the tip to the map making guide... Right now my chances of making a mod are slim to none, but if I can teach myself enough about modding - as I know absolutely nothing now - I might actually start getting serious. Those amazing screens are really inspiring, the game looks amazing.

Bulten
12-14-2004, 09:47

Just a thought.

http://www.memod.co.uk/

It's some heartbreaking read...

WhiteWolf
12-15-2004, 04:59
Nice to see you guys doing the third age. I really hope that any of my work inspires someone in your mod to do a even better job and completly outdo any of my work. So then I in turn will be inspired to surpass the other guy in skill.

Let the competition commence! :duel:

Anyway I wish you guys the best of luck and look foreward to a little friendly competition ~:cheers:

Encaitar
12-17-2004, 01:12
Many thanks to those who offered their help with this mod. We have found two new people to do the unit graphics, and you can check out some of their work over at the METW forums:
http://www.metw.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3168#3168

TigerVX
12-17-2004, 01:21
This should be deleted.

Encaitar
12-17-2004, 09:04
as should this

Encaitar
12-21-2004, 06:49
Some more screenshots of units are up:
http://www.metw.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=344

soibean
12-22-2004, 02:35
they look beautiful
is it just me or are the orcs' heads a little bit out of proportion with their body? besides this its just wow, I dont know how you guys do this but its amazing

Thedevil003
12-22-2004, 21:25
damn, you have great artists.

mr. E
12-25-2004, 11:12
realy butyfull

are there units that you still have to do? it looks preaty finished

GodsPetMonkey
12-25-2004, 13:44
http://www.memod.co.uk/

It's some heartbreaking read...

It is sad indeed.

Seems like some Big Boys don't like us playing with 'their' things.
I would strongly suggest you consult an Intellectual Property lawyer ASAP, I think the big boys feel threatned if your work competes with one of their licences (eg. BFME) and it's always good to know where you stand before they try anything, make sure you find out about what you can and can't do according to your local laws, if you play it by the book, they wont bother sinking money into a legal endevour that will net them nothing.
Not that they wont try to scare you!

Actually, I'm surprised there is no discussion about this at your forums.... maybe I just didn't look hard enough.

Frans Ubberdork
12-25-2004, 18:46
I say go for it as soon as you ask you will be told to cease all work. That goes for anyone doing Gamesworkshop mods as well. Just keep working on it and keep it low key. Find one forum to do your discusssing until it is released. Just my perspective. If you ask permission you know exactly what the answer will be. I saw it happen with Doom , Doom 2, and Duke Nukem, Quake , Quake2. Everything is cool until someone decides to ask for permission then, of course, the answer is no because they are not making any money and you are competing with their games they are releasing.They only ones that get released are the ones who do not ask for permission.I have no intention of buying the game they released because I like the Total War series. I would take a different stance if you were going to charge for the mod but this is free, do not make the mistake in contacting them.If they contact you go underground. Do not throw away your hard work. I would like the knights with the winged helms as a unit just to play around with(anyway I could talk you into releasing just that .cas?)
If you decide to take this underground until completion, do not forget to let me in on the release. 8)

Thomas

Crazed Rabbit
12-27-2004, 20:18
Those units at your website are awesome-they look professionally done. Keep up the good work!

On the positive side of the legal aspect, since the METW for VI hasn't been asked to desist (I think) that bodes well. After all "Anything not explicitly forbidden is allowed." Just keeping it low key (perhaps no stories in PC games magazines?) should help, but I don't really know much about how those drains on society (aka Lawyers) find out about mods. Anyways, the best of luck to you.

Crazed Rabbit

knownunknown
12-28-2004, 17:41
Any progress with the mod? Is there a problem with www.metw.net? Do you know when the mod will be released? Sorry to be so impatient but i've been really looking forward to it.

shasla5
12-29-2004, 05:42
Sounds awesome! But maybe consider saturating the map colors a bit to make it a bit more fantastic, as in fantasy. It looks too much like the current game to me. And yes, the orks are too green. And to small. Other than that it looks great.

shasla5
12-29-2004, 05:50
Oh and what is planned for regional mercenaries if anything?

Currian
12-29-2004, 12:39
Well maybe if your in the Shire with an army you could get Hobbit mercenaries? ~D

Maybe you could also add some quotes from the Book.

From Gandalf and co. Like this:

Frodo: I wish the ring had never come to me.

Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times. But it's not for them to
decide. All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.

Gandalf: The board is set, the pieces are moving.

Gandalf: The great battle of our time is about to begin.

Legolas: The way is shut. It was made by those who are dead. And the dead keep it. The way is shut.

Gollum: My precious....

the fury
01-01-2005, 23:04
awesome job guys, i love total war and lord of the rings and im new here. i wish i could help with the designs and stuff but i have no clue about computers. I could help with stories and stuff but it looks like you guys have already figured out where you are going with this and what you want. so i guess ill just be a bystander and cheer you guys on.

Wrangel
01-07-2005, 00:27
This mod looks absolutely awsome! Can't wait to play it...
I have a few questions though...

1. Are the heroes in the game? Aragorn, Gandalf, Ugluk, The Witchmaster etc?

2. Will each race have different abilities? Like elves have fighting bonus in winter, orcs prefer night battles etc?

I have more but ill take them later =)

Keep up the good work!

Encaitar
01-07-2005, 06:15
No heroes no. The different factions will reflect their particular proficiencies and preferences.

Icare83
01-11-2005, 13:08
New screenshot for the campmap here. ~:)
http://www.metw.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3314&sid=0dab69cddaf5e0847e38f4da07003df9#3314

Iron-Chef
01-15-2005, 02:52
just here to say that it looks great. You might want to get some ideas from Lord of the Rings Warhammer aswell.

Apart from that doing great ~:eek:

RedSilver
01-18-2005, 03:53
The word i'm looking for is

holyofmymotherofjesusthatsdamngoodhavemuabiesohboyohboysillygoat.

the word i'll use however is

WoW

(Washing out Wendy)

Bigwig
01-20-2005, 02:02
What's going on with the website? I can't get to it. And more importantly, when is it coming back?

Bulten
01-20-2005, 22:24
No, It says you've exceeded your bandwith....... Hope you'll fix it soon :)

sunsmountain
01-21-2005, 01:57
To the ME:TW modders,

It still exceeds your bandwidth, so that will probably last until the end of this month (january), in the mean time your website is unavailable.

Meanwhile, I perhaps have an even more beautiful idea for a map than you already have, but i cant reach the site so i cant compare. To whom may i mail this idea, i have a colourful 256x192 24-bits bitmap? (as you know the campaign map can reach a maximum 256x256 squares).

Scoundrel
01-22-2005, 22:50
You know, fans are soon desperate enough to make few suicides. Site back online soon?

Considered option on having a website instead of forums?

Oromë
01-23-2005, 00:36
Dont worry folks, the project is still in full swing. We are having some problems with the forums-which Im sure you've all noticed- and may need to switch hosts as a result, but this isnt a for sure thing yet.
Meanwhile expect to see quite few screenshots released in the next while as we are on the final phase of unit creation (not much more than spit and polish at this point) and when they are complete we will have some glorious battles to tease you with.

:charge:

Icare83
01-23-2005, 03:54
I guess the mod is getting too popular..
Damn it, because now, the dev forum is unavailable and now my work with max and ronin for the mtw version is frozen until the end of january :furious3: Damn you fans ~D ! lol stop watching for every news !
(just kidding, i am just eager to finish the mtw version of the mod as soon as possible)

Currian
01-23-2005, 18:53
Damn it, because now, the dev forum is unavailable and now my work with max and ronin for the mtw version is frozen until the end of january :furious3: Damn you fans ~D ! lol stop watching for every news !
(just kidding, i am just eager to finish the mtw version of the mod as soon as possible)
Can you give us a percentage of how far the development of the MTW version is progressing? 'Cause I look forward to that one for one and a half year or more. ~:)

Icare83
01-23-2005, 20:12
"The custom battle mod is almost complete (some adjustement for 3/4 unit with weapon and shield placement are needed and the last major battlemap is almost done too).
For the Campaign version, i would give a 70% (most graphic and music are done, but it still need some graphic for buildings and units + some descriptions).

The team for Rome doesn't use the forum. But for mtw, vital infos was stored there, so i have to wait it is online and then i will take down every link or screenshots hosted by metw.net at the player forum that would use the bandwith as i dont want the same pb when the campaign version will be close from its release.

Currian
01-23-2005, 20:22
Thank you.
~:)

And oh do you already have a man to do the descriptions because if you don't I'd be eager to help you. :bow:

Bulten
01-23-2005, 23:16

I was actually hoping that you had finished and uploaded the mtw mod and thus exceeded your bandwith :( ;P

ShadowStriker
01-25-2005, 03:26
Some more screenshots of units are up:

the link doesnt work.......

sunsmountain
01-25-2005, 19:59
its not february yet

ShadowStriker
01-26-2005, 04:37
its not february yet

no when i click on it this is the message I get

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.metw.net Port 80

NagatsukaShumi
01-26-2005, 18:08
no when i click on it this is the message I get

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.metw.net Port 80

The teams bandwidth for January has been exceeded, you'll have to wait til February for the site to be back online.

ShadowStriker
01-27-2005, 01:33
oh cool ~:cheers:

Encaitar
02-01-2005, 11:27
The site's back up now, and with some new screenshots (http://www.metw.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=355).

Just try to go easy on it this month!

DeadRunner
02-01-2005, 12:43
Nice screens ~:cheers: ~:cheers:
When is releasd ??

Iron-Chef
02-03-2005, 10:20
Looks like she's coming together nice guys, I have to say those Mamukil have to be the most impressive of any unit I have seen throughout all the mods, great scaling work!

Alexander the Pretty Good
02-12-2005, 05:27
Hey Encaitar, will your mod incorporate the Mod Switcher for general ease of use? (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=13848)

Just curious. Your mod looks great. I'm definitely going to try it.

Encaitar
02-12-2005, 12:06
Unfortunately the installer for ME:TW-R is unlikely to be compatable with Vercingetorix's mod switcher. It could be made to be, but that would probably involve the install file increasing in size by several hundred megabytes (so that's not going to happen obviously). We should be able to include a program to uninstall METW and restore your previous settings though, which could be used as a kind of mod-switcher.

eadingas
02-17-2005, 23:36
Hey guys... how the hell did you manage to put those things on campaign map? Like Osgiliath, Minas Tirith... are these just edited wonders, or did you actually find a way to do something we at EB are struggling to discover?

Oromë
02-18-2005, 04:09
Those are actually fully functional cities eadingas. Its simply a matter of creating new meshes and replacing the stock city meshes with the new ones.

eadingas
02-18-2005, 08:56
But how did you manage to get custom shapes for every city? Or are these just custom levels per culture, so Minas Tirith has Huge City model, and Osgiliath has Village model?

Encaitar
02-19-2005, 01:37
Certain levels are set to use certain models, and it's set up so that the only huge gondorian city (which uses the Minas Tirith model) will be Minas Tirith. Osgiliath is a wonder.

eadingas
02-19-2005, 01:44
Damn, and here I thought you have really discovered something new ;)

Oromë
02-19-2005, 02:19
Sorry to disappoint you eadingas. The only reason we were able to use that method is because of the relatively static nature of settlements and technology in Middle Earth, ie; We dont have to worry about a smaller Gondorian city upgrading in class and then sharing the same model as Minas Tirith because over the timeframe of our mod cities really never really grow or change.

eadingas
02-19-2005, 10:06
Okay, one last question: it seems that Minas Tirith model takes up more than one tile on your map... how does that affect unit movement and battles? Do units move through the big model until they reach a tile in the middle?

Oromë
02-20-2005, 01:25
Nope, the city model is actually what determines the 'button' or activation area of selecting a city, so as soon as the cursor goes over any part of the mesh it instantly becomes the 'enter settlement' function.
So to answer your question: you cannot park armies around the city so that they are being constantly clipped by the mesh. You can however have armies clip through the mesh if their path cuts across it in such away or if you have armies enter the city they will walk to the center of the mesh, clipping through it before disapearing, but they do that on the stock cities anyway.
Hope that made sense. Essentially what Im saying is that it causes no real problems or graphical anomalies, the only major one being the faction flag which is now hidden in the mesh, so you cant tell at a glance how many troops are in that city.

Hunsik26
02-20-2005, 01:59
Hey... I recently joined the Guild Forums with the intention to post on the Middle Earth mod because, so far it looks extremely promising. Kudos to everyone on the Middle Earth mod because it's... well, a dream come true for any LOTR Fan.

My only specific question pertaining to the universe of Middle Earth, in the case of your mod, is about the TBA. I was curious to find out when you are intending to release this mod to the community. If you do have a specific date, please let me know...

In other words, I can't wait to play this mod. Keep up the good work, guys, and godspeed to your project. ~:cheers:

the fury
03-01-2005, 23:27
no ents in this game?

tomat
03-28-2005, 18:33
Best Mod After Chivalry. I love Gondor the most! ~:)

Burns
03-29-2005, 15:47
True, awesome mod. But come people, join their forums and start some discussions.

SigniferOne
03-29-2005, 18:05
Oh man, the MeMod for Morrowind is such a sad story, I just heard it for the first time. I am glad you guys will not be affected!

Reverend Joe
04-12-2005, 23:53
You guys need to keep posting in this topic or it'll be deleted.

nic_vee
04-15-2005, 03:47
great job guys

nic_vee
04-15-2005, 03:49
spiffing work
Insperational

cunobelinus
04-15-2005, 21:40
Wen will it be realeased !!!!??!? coz I am really interested !!!
i cant wait looks amazing email me privately wen it is done the map loooks amzing and the units

Encaitar
04-29-2005, 04:08
Some more screenshots are up here:
http://www.metw.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=467

Lt Mor
04-29-2005, 09:10
It brings tears to my eyes .... ~:eek:

Encaitar
06-02-2005, 09:36
We're currently setting up hosting for our first (beta) release of ME:TW(R). Expect details within the next few days...

Encaitar
06-02-2005, 15:55
ME:TW(R) has had it's first release: the v0.7.0beta.

Download details can be found here (http://www.metw.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=533).

If anyone can help with hosting, please let me or Orome know! ~:)

For Bug Reports or Feedback, please use the appropriate threads (http://www.metw.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=6) on the ME:TW forums.

shifty157
06-03-2005, 00:55
wow. when you say sporadic unit movement you meant it. those guys were going crazy. the campaign map and the units look very nice however. why such small unit sizes?

Burns
06-03-2005, 01:24
wow. when you say sporadic unit movement you meant it. those guys were going crazy. the campaign map and the units look very nice however. why such small unit sizes?

1.2 i presume?

Samurai Waki
06-03-2005, 02:38
Actually, it SP works only with 1.1

Oromë
06-03-2005, 02:43
Actually, it SP works only with 1.1

That is incorrect. The readme states that the erratic movement shifty157 describes is a known issue when the mod is installed over 1.2 (an issue that has been reported by other mods projects as well).

Samurai Waki
06-03-2005, 02:51
Sorry, my bad :embarassed:

Professor420
06-03-2005, 05:42
At first I was happy to see the Beta, but are you sure it was worth releasing such an unpolished product? There are a ton of balance issues, there are RTW artifacts all over (interface, faction symbols), there are animation and skeletal problems (mumak and troll speed). The point of a Beta is for bug and balance testing. It is not to release a product incomplete from the development side. I would have rathered a delayed release, and a more polished product, because after a short period of time the wonder of ME wears off, and you are left with a not-very-enjoyable SP or MP mod.
Also realize that this is from the standpoint of another Dev (and one with a bug up his ass), so my views probably don't represent the views of the general public, who will most likely eat this thing up.

Sundjata Keita
06-03-2005, 07:56
Professor420 on these forums! Aaaah! And I see your still moaning ~;) Actually I would have to agree though, as a member of the general public I think you should at least fix the bugs with 1.2 before releasing the open beta. Otherwise enthusiastic people (and there are many for this mod) may be put off the mod by the bugs, just my opinion though.

Regards,

Sundjata Keita

Burns
06-03-2005, 15:18
It was good to see the artwork and the campaign map, which btw looks awesome. The best way to fix the movement problem would probably be to start all over and remake all the unit stats and all that with a clean 1.2 install - but I bet the devs already tried that.

Encaitar
06-04-2005, 08:53
The beta is essentially a custom battle beta for v1.1. We could easily have left it at just that, but we decided to let people at least have a play around with the campaign, and with v1.2. Believe it or not but it's already been very helpful in terms of catching bugs and making improvements, as well as working on future development. And that's why we released what we did. There's only 2 of us working on this after all!

Evil_Maniac From Mars
06-07-2005, 23:43
At first I was happy to see the Beta, but are you sure it was worth releasing such an unpolished product? There are a ton of balance issues, there are RTW artifacts all over (interface, faction symbols), there are animation and skeletal problems (mumak and troll speed). The point of a Beta is for bug and balance testing. It is not to release a product incomplete from the development side. I would have rathered a delayed release, and a more polished product, because after a short period of time the wonder of ME wears off, and you are left with a not-very-enjoyable SP or MP mod.
Also realize that this is from the standpoint of another Dev (and one with a bug up his ass), so my views probably don't represent the views of the general public, who will most likely eat this thing up.
Hi Prof! ~:)

ENSAIS
06-11-2005, 23:02
Has there been any movement on this recently? The last post is from Dec 2004...

Encaitar
06-12-2005, 02:01
Excuse me?

Oromë
06-12-2005, 02:33
Yeah, what post are you refering to exactly ENSAIS?

pyj99
06-17-2005, 14:58
Posted by Professor420

I have some trouble understanding this reaction.
As a general user of R:TW, i am more than happy to see Mods released as soon as they are in rough working order. When you are a true fan of a time period or a setting, you can't wait to play with it.

I find the other Dev option (to wait till you have a complete polished product), much too risky. Too often have i seen promising mods going into limbo after some time and never publishing anything even though they were 80% complete. The last 10-20% needed to polish a mod can be so boring and lengthy to produce that many good, playable things die before getting public.

I much prefer to see a mod 75% finished and published than a mod 95% finished and never published.

So Orome and Encaitar don't let yourself disheartened by such comments, keep on the good work and publish as many beta version than you need to.

PYJ99

Abokasee
06-25-2005, 08:18
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!I TREID THE MOD ON 1.1 AND WORKED BUT IT DIDN'T LET ME SELECT CAMPAIN AND CUSTOM BATTLES!! FIX THIS BUG NOW OR NO ONE WILL DOWNLOAD IT!!! :help:

Myrddraal
06-25-2005, 10:47
hehe, nice to see you back Abokasee :smile:

And welcome to the .org Professor :smile:, if you don't want to spoil you appreciation with the beta, don't download it and wait for the final release - simple :grin: :bow:

Gaius Drakan
06-25-2005, 22:12
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!I TREID THE MOD ON 1.1 AND WORKED BUT IT DIDN'T LET ME SELECT CAMPAIN AND CUSTOM BATTLES!! FIX THIS BUG NOW OR NO ONE WILL DOWNLOAD IT!!! :help:

Sounds like you didn't do the prologue

Oromë
06-26-2005, 04:00
Sounds like he didnt read the readme......

Gaius Drakan
06-26-2005, 13:09
Which is the whole point of the readme, to read it,

Abokasee
06-26-2005, 15:59
hmmm dosent say any thing.......FIX THIS BUG!!!

Oromë
06-26-2005, 16:09
Its not a bug!.. and Its not my problem if you dont have enough brain power to follow the installation instructions..

blindfaithnogod
06-26-2005, 16:41
worked alright for me.

Encaitar
06-27-2005, 06:51
I quote from the "Installation Instructions" of the readme included with the install:

"If you generated it or you already have a preferences.txt please open it and make sure that DISABLE_BACKGROUND_FMV is set to 'TRUE' and that FIRST_TIME_PLAY is set to 'FALSE'"

Abokasee
06-27-2005, 15:56
Got It Working ~;)

Chilly5
06-27-2005, 16:36
can u plz make it compadible with 1.2 too?

Encaitar
06-27-2005, 17:06
Thanks for that suggestion.

Ciaran
07-19-2005, 12:53
I´m dead impressed, your unit selection really looks awesome. Are that all units or are there more to come?

facekid
07-26-2005, 19:28
how on earth are you guys going to make battles in the campaign like helms deep and are the in game cities going to look like they do on the campaign map?

Ciaran
08-08-2005, 09:59
I´ve tested it this weekend, and boy, your modellers are great! The units look pretty good in the pictures posted, but seeing them inthe game is just ~:eek:
Even though they move about like on speed and bad one at that, but that´s mentioned in the readme.
The campaign map looks awesome as well, great work. I haven´t experienced it crashing so far, but then I have used auto-resolve for the battles and I haven´t played it that long, either, a dozen of turns at most.

Encaitar
09-14-2005, 08:47
You can now download the Music Add-on (http://www.metw.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=728) for ME:TW(R).

Ciaran
09-14-2005, 11:46
Still alive, that´s nice to see.

Alexanderofmacedon
09-14-2005, 13:49
Is the mod done yet? Can I get a link to it or is it on your forums? Does it have campaign?

al'Callaendor
10-10-2005, 13:40
family members!!!

https://img369.imageshack.us/img369/1797/gnraux7kx.jpg (https://imageshack.us)

Lonely Soldier
10-11-2005, 10:10
al'Callaendor - you appear to be using a new texture for Mordor there - does that replace a pre-existing one or can more be added? Also, does it affect battlemaps, I'm guessing not yet.

Alexanderofmacedon
10-11-2005, 22:57
Is beta the only one out or is the full version out? I would check the www.metw.net site, but my parental controls aren't letting me. I'll get my dad to let me do it...

Does this go with only 1.2? Is it for only 1.1? Please give me some info!

al'Callaendor
10-11-2005, 23:01
it is for 1.1

Alexanderofmacedon
10-11-2005, 23:01
Ok, I'll see if I can get it tonight. I just got BI, and I haven't finished, but what's an other mod!:bow:

Is there a walk through on downloading it to my game? Could you give me one?

10-12-2005, 22:01
al'Callaendor - post more pics!

Alexanderofmacedon
10-12-2005, 22:11
Yes, yes please do. I when is the full game release? I'll download beta, but I want full too!

al'Callaendor
10-13-2005, 01:57
https://img293.imageshack.us/img293/7199/theelvesfiringmissiles8im.jpg (https://imageshack.us)

http://www.metw.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=475&sid=ac3b729334d0da88a2c7ab5661f741ff

http://www.metw.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=471&sid=ac3b729334d0da88a2c7ab5661f741ff

http://www.metw.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=470&sid=ac3b729334d0da88a2c7ab5661f741ff

http://www.metw.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=469&sid=ac3b729334d0da88a2c7ab5661f741ff

Helgi
10-13-2005, 02:09
@Alexander the pretty good
Noldorin forces were generally a mixture of cavalry and infantry. Cavalry was quite numerous (Sil, p147), although prior to the founding of the princedoms, horses were few (Sil, p141). Some charged swiftly (Sil, p230), but most were horse archers (Sil, p138, 193). Charging cavalry are assumed to be those that carried spears (Sil, p213); they are graded as Kn (F) since even the highest nobility used mail which is never mentioned as being 'full', unlike that of the knights of Gondor (eg. Sil, p184).
Horse archers are graded as LH (F) rather than Cv (O) since they are described as riding and circling swiftly (Sil, p138), and because Glorfindel's horse was very light and fleet (FotR, p284). The option for a sub-general to be a horse-archer is because Prince Fingon so led them against Glaurung (Sil, p138).
Other generals were either spear-armed, and on horseback, and are classified as Kn (F), such as Celegorm (Sil, p213), or swordsmen, such as Feanor (Sil, p81, 126) or Maedhros (Sil, p131), or in the case of Hurin, the man most highly-placed in 1A armies, an axeman. Gil-galad's spear was named Aeglos (Sil, p354). Mounted generals and their guards often however fought on foot (Sil, p233), and can so dismount as Sp. I have graded them as (S) when they do so, to make them better than the average spearman. Generals who fought with sword or axe could be mounted (Sil, p184; UT, p65).
Noldorin infantry are described as swordsmen (Sil, p230; UT, p21). They carried shields (Sil, p81), and on the whole are described as advancing rapidly (Sil, p126, 230) and since secondary weapons are not mentioned, a grading of Bd (F) seems best. As the Noldor of Gondolin were spearmen, the possibility exists that other Noldor infantry included spearmen too, although this is nowhere directly attested.
While Noldor archers are always described as horsed, many Sindar were to be found in Noldorin armies (Sil, p142) and these would have provided both archers on foot, and axemen (Sil, p18).

By the Way Alex, I was not being pissy and I've already apologized so what more do you want

10-13-2005, 17:04
Helgi, what I was getting at is I don't recall Elvish horse units in the Third Age.

The copious amount of citations you gave were from the First Age, correct?

I did not mean to imply that you were being "pissy" and I apologize for making it seem that way. :bow:

Helgi
10-13-2005, 18:27
"Helgi, what I was getting at is I don't recall Elvish horse units in the Third Age.
The copious amount of citations you gave were from the First Age, correct?
I did not mean to imply that you were being "pissy" and I apologize for making it seem that way".

@Alexander the Pretty Good> You are correct in what you say, none are mentioned, what I was getting at and didn't word my thoughts correctly, I was saying that in the first age they had x types of units of horse, and perhaps in the third age, they would still have units of horse, what I should have mentioned and in my unfortunate anger, with al'Callaendor, is that they would have phased out x types of cavalry units, but retaining other cavalry units, (like phasing out knights in favor of Horse Archers) or combining certain types like a knight and Horse Archer. This was what I meant.
The Citations were mostly from the first age, one or two were not, one was from the Fellowship, but for all intentions you are right.
Look this spat between me an al'Callaendor was unfortunate and wish it didn't happen but it did and I'm willing to bury the hatchet, if he will, as between us; there is no quarrel between us as I feel, and I gladly accept your apology and hope you can accept mine.

Best Rerards

Helgi

Geoffrey S
10-13-2005, 19:59
al'Callaendor, those are some very good pics! The level of detail on the units is great, only the shields look a bit less sharp. Um, how did you get those elves to shoot straight up though?

al'Callaendor
10-13-2005, 22:29
$$$ + patience...

Alexanderofmacedon
10-13-2005, 22:38
When is the expected full version of this coming out?

al'Callaendor
10-13-2005, 23:45
when it's done...

al'Callaendor
10-13-2005, 23:49
Q: When will the full version of ME:TW (R) be released?
A: When it's done. We can't really say anything more than that. We are doing our best to get it done as soon as possible, but it is a very complex and time-consuming task, and we want to make the mod as good as possible. We are also just regular people, and so real-life sometimes gets in the way
[/QUOTE]
the faq http://www.metw.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=353

Alexanderofmacedon
10-14-2005, 22:10
Okay thanks. I didn't mean to pester you or anything, I was just wondering. Take it as a compliment as I can't wait!~:)

Encaitar
10-15-2005, 04:44
al'Callaendor - you appear to be using a new texture for Mordor there - does that replace a pre-existing one or can more be added? Also, does it affect battlemaps, I'm guessing not yet.
A rather belated response to this:
Most of the campaign map textures in ME:TW(R) are slightly (or drastically in the case of Mordor) altered from those used in vanilla Rome. The file that controls this is descr_aerial_map_ground_types.txt if you're interested. Unfortunately we can't really edit battlemap textures because the instructions for them are taken from a db file (which unlike some of the other db files can't be regenerated by the game) rather than parsed from a txt file (specifically descr_geography.txt).

Also, I would remind people that for the latest information on ME:TW, it is best to look on our forums (http://www.metw.net/forum/), and that is also the best place to ask questions, as the ME:TW(R) Dev Team (Orome, East Victor/Burns, and myself) are far more active there than we are here.

al'Callaendor
10-15-2005, 22:09
knights of Dol Amroth charge!!!
https://img347.imageshack.us/img347/8343/dolamroth3pu.jpg (https://imageshack.us)

Alexanderofmacedon
10-16-2005, 16:28
Oooo, keep em coming!~D

al'Callaendor
10-16-2005, 16:32
https://img148.imageshack.us/img148/6011/mumakil2di.jpg (https://imageshack.us)

The Stranger
10-16-2005, 16:44
unit balancer at your service :bow:

nvr mind...old but cool mod...

Alexanderofmacedon
10-16-2005, 16:45
:drunk: :jumping: :jawdrop:

al'Callaendor
10-16-2005, 16:57
https://img435.imageshack.us/img435/770/rohan4vd.jpg (https://imageshack.us)

The Stranger
10-16-2005, 17:02
those eles had 6 tusks if i remeber well...but they look cool

Furion
10-16-2005, 17:13
T-t-t-those are huge!~:eek: How do you kill them?

Alexanderofmacedon
10-16-2005, 17:18
You have to make a couple "Legolas" units...~;) ~D

Samurai Waki
10-16-2005, 23:37
Lots and Lots of Archers

professorspatula
10-16-2005, 23:59
A butter knife to the toe will kill those beasts. They made it look so easy in the film.

Wait, I've done my sarcastic comment about the Oliphaunts in the other LOTR mod thread.

Good to see this mod uses its own artistic impression of what the troops and beasts should look like. Most RTW mods just seem to use a picture as reference and stick that in the game as if it is 100% accurate or whatever.

10-17-2005, 00:09
those eles had 6 tusks if i remeber well...but they look cool
You mean in the movies. Not the books.~;)

al'Callaendor
10-17-2005, 00:14
a"little"army
https://img214.imageshack.us/img214/2273/swanknightsofdolamroth4yg.jpg (https://imageshack.us)

al'Callaendor
10-17-2005, 00:21
generals
https://img38.imageshack.us/img38/5157/wingedguardofthecitadel5vg.jpg (https://imageshack.us)

Alexanderofmacedon
10-17-2005, 00:22
Ok, I wanted screenshots, but now I just want you to stop!~;)

I'm so jealous!!!~D

P.S: No, don't stop...:bow:

al'Callaendor
10-17-2005, 00:29
https://img376.imageshack.us/img376/28/elvesarchers5fu.jpg (https://imageshack.us)

al'Callaendor
10-17-2005, 00:32
a "very little" army...
https://img181.imageshack.us/img181/2023/meduseldguard2mn.jpg (https://imageshack.us)

al'Callaendor
10-17-2005, 22:28
more screens?

Alexanderofmacedon
10-17-2005, 22:39
Oui

al'Callaendor
10-17-2005, 22:40
you speak french?

Alexanderofmacedon
10-17-2005, 22:43
Petit Francias.

Je vous connais de phase dans une province francophone

al'Callaendor
10-17-2005, 22:45
je ne suis pas sûr d'avoir compris, mais ce n'est pas grave.

Alexanderofmacedon
10-17-2005, 22:48
"I am not sure to have included but it is not serious."

Is that what you just said? I'm not sure and that doesnt make sence to me. I told you I only know a little...

Plus francais ! ! !

al'Callaendor
10-17-2005, 22:48
faction symbols
http://www.metw.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=495&sid=bb2a27fca0439fbc34eed27adde978f2

campaign screens
http://www.metw.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=494&sid=bb2a27fca0439fbc34eed27adde978f2

al'Callaendor
10-17-2005, 22:51
it is " un peu français"

and the other sentence...

"I know you of french phase in a french province"...

Alexanderofmacedon
10-17-2005, 22:53
Eh, whatever...that's why I have a 85 in French class...

al'Callaendor
10-17-2005, 22:55
i found a mini-preview

Alexanderofmacedon
10-17-2005, 22:56
I haven't seen a single on of these linked screenshots. I can't go to the site, because my parental controls will not let me. You'll have to make them like pictures here like before.~:)

al'Callaendor
10-17-2005, 22:59
easterlings
https://img409.imageshack.us/img409/1239/easterlingsarmy7bf.jpg (https://imageshack.us)

elves
https://img271.imageshack.us/img271/8244/elvesarmy9zi.jpg (https://imageshack.us)

erebor
https://img271.imageshack.us/img271/5042/ereborarmy9vo.jpg (https://imageshack.us)

gondor
https://img271.imageshack.us/img271/4669/gondorarmy0ai.jpg (https://imageshack.us)

gundabad
https://img271.imageshack.us/img271/7808/gundabadarmy5ep.jpg (https://imageshack.us)

harad
https://img271.imageshack.us/img271/6135/haradarmy0bb.jpg (https://imageshack.us)

isengard
https://img271.imageshack.us/img271/2522/isengardarmy8sm.jpg (https://imageshack.us)

mordor
https://img271.imageshack.us/img271/8044/mordorarmy5wi.jpg (https://imageshack.us)

rohan
https://img271.imageshack.us/img271/6651/rohanarmy3oz.jpg (https://imageshack.us)

Alexanderofmacedon
10-17-2005, 23:06
:bow:

al'Callaendor
10-17-2005, 23:35
faction sysmbols

easterlings
https://img146.imageshack.us/img146/6428/symboleasterlings3hz.jpg (https://imageshack.us)

elves
https://img146.imageshack.us/img146/6610/symboleldar8lj.jpg (https://imageshack.us)

erebor
https://img146.imageshack.us/img146/6350/symbolerebor6ks.jpg (https://imageshack.us)

gondor
https://img146.imageshack.us/img146/9932/symbolgondor4ag.jpg (https://imageshack.us)

gundabad
https://img146.imageshack.us/img146/6528/symbolgundabad8lq.jpg (https://imageshack.us)

harad
https://img146.imageshack.us/img146/4707/symbolharad2zj.jpg (https://imageshack.us)

isengard
https://img146.imageshack.us/img146/5114/symbolisengard1ah.jpg (https://imageshack.us)

mordor
https://img146.imageshack.us/img146/907/symbolmordor4le.jpg (https://imageshack.us)

rohan
https://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1386/symbolrohan3kh.jpg (https://imageshack.us)

al'Callaendor
10-17-2005, 23:38
https://img20.imageshack.us/img20/2439/middleearthtotalwar9sk.jpg (https://imageshack.us)

https://img20.imageshack.us/img20/16/middleearth1va.jpg (https://imageshack.us)

https://img389.imageshack.us/img389/4655/rohandunland0nz.jpg

https://img389.imageshack.us/img389/6181/rohanisengard7cm.jpg

Encaitar
10-18-2005, 01:39
Guys I appreciate that you're interested in the mod, but can we please keep the off-topic talk and gratutious screenshots somewhere else? The Mod Discussion forum (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=119) perhaps? Thanks.

al'Callaendor
10-19-2005, 03:04
it is because Alexanderofmacedon cannot see the screens...

Encaitar
10-19-2005, 05:08
I understand, but there are other options: such as email or the Mod Discussion forum. This is a development and updates thread, and that's kind of getting lost at the moment, and 'official' information is becoming confused and diluted.

Alexanderofmacedon
10-19-2005, 21:57
I'm sorry. It will not happen again!~;)

al'Callaendor
10-19-2005, 22:14
ok, but I can't post in the mod discussion forum...for the moment.:embarassed:

al'Callaendor
10-19-2005, 22:29
there will be a new version~:)

10-19-2005, 23:07
The real problem is that there hasn't been much real official information in a while.

:book:

al'Callaendor
10-20-2005, 22:00
http://www.metw.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=2
http://www.metw.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=6

Encaitar
11-09-2005, 08:44
Some lovely chap has decided that since our fan forums happen to be running an old version of phpbb (with some well-known exploits), he should hack it. At the moment his activities seem to be limited to changing the background colour to magenta and doing some childish post editing, however he keeps threatening to delete the entire forum if we do not upgrade it. Given that this is no easy matter (due to the number of mods and customisations we have installed there), and as our admin is extremely busy at the moment, if the forum disappears or continues to suffer troubles, you'll know why.

At any rate, as much as this whole episode is an inconvience and extremely disheartening, it will not directly affect the work on the mod.

Ciaran
11-09-2005, 10:53
Sometimes I wish there was something like the Inquisition for the internet, complete with public burning, for such people.

However, it´s good to hear you don´t let yourself be hassled by some would-be cyber terrorist.

Gmax
11-09-2005, 13:02
Hi I have to say that your mod is great, and I'm sorry to here your site has been hacked.

But I was wanting to know if I am able to download the beta map or unit fixes from anywhere else, as last night I was at a mates seen the updated files when home and the site was down~:mecry: . Cheers

Encaitar
11-09-2005, 13:44
Well the original beta is still available from fileplanet, but as for the updates, I'm not entirely sure where East Victor had hosted them.

al'Callaendor
11-10-2005, 01:48
I can't go to the site...

Encaitar
11-10-2005, 14:03
Yes that would be explained in the post 4 prior to yours.

We will be getting the forums back up, but exactly when I can't say.

Ciaran
11-11-2005, 10:23
Well the original beta is still available from fileplanet, but as for the updates, I'm not entirely sure where East Victor had hosted them.
I don´t know whether you realized it, or just didn´t encounter it, but there is a problem with the descr_mount.txt in East victor´s new campaign pack. For some reason, the wain-horses give trouble.

_Martyr_
11-12-2005, 14:27
The forum is back up again.

www.metw.net

Encaitar
11-13-2005, 01:10
Many thanks to a hardworking individual who shall remain nameless coughmartyrcough. ~:)

al'Callaendor
11-13-2005, 14:59
The forum is back up again.

www.metw.net

nice~:)

Scoundrel
11-26-2005, 12:23
In case some of you have not yet noticed, Encaitar was kind enough to release new list of planned units here (http://www.metw.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=828)

al'Callaendor
11-26-2005, 13:54
and when we can download it?

Burns
02-07-2006, 05:19
:book: When there is enough new content to make it worthwhile.

Encaitar
02-17-2006, 04:15
The campaign map has undergone a bit of a facelift (http://www.metw.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=884).

Having finished with Erebor's Dale (http://www.metw.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=10885#10885) units, East Victor's been redoing some of Gondor's (http://www.metw.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=11023#11023) units, and adding a few new ones.

Samurai Waki
02-17-2006, 09:42
Ya, know this is one of my favorite mods, I was starting to get worried that no progress was being made. Looks amazing, keep up the excellent work, and I will definantly be playing again after the next version is out.

Ilsamir Lord
02-19-2006, 06:10
I quite like the new map textures, but I think some areas should be the green that they were before, it looks a bit desolate in places.

Robinivich
03-04-2006, 21:42
www.metw.net hasn't been responding for a while, and now it gives an error message that seems to say it doesn't recognize martyr's admin priviledges.

Anyone know what's up?

I hope our hacker friend hasn't returned.

And, of course, good luck to you Martyr, since I'm certain you're already working on it.

Burns
03-05-2006, 18:51
Heh, its as if a part of me has been cut off. Anyways, I will be focusing some attention on Gundabad for the next little while. I dont intend to change the previous design that much. The only thing I may add to them is some war paint on their faces and their chests, and perhaps even on their wolf. Their troll still needs some re-modelling.

Burns
04-27-2006, 03:38
Some more updates are up.

kburkert
04-27-2006, 20:25
If you wanted to add more units there is a game called LOTR battle for middle earth 2 which has units like 'Tower Guards' (for men of the west, who happen to look like Gondor soldiers)

HahnHolio
07-14-2006, 19:30
hm....metw.net is not showing up nemore on my machine ... is this mod dead?
i hope not, coz i want my hands on it :)

greetz

HahnHolio

Ciaran
07-15-2006, 18:00
I can´t say anything on this mod being dead or alive, but it seems that metw.net has attracted the dubious attention of some hacker, hence the constant downtimes.

Encaitar
07-17-2006, 04:17
I'm not sure why the site's down, and I haven't been able to get in contact with martyr unfortunately. Fingers crossed it gets sorted soon.

In the meantime, here's some screenshots of some units from the (non-playable) 'Beornings' faction:

https://img50.imageshack.us/img50/2439/beorning02tn5.th.jpg (https://img50.imageshack.us/my.php?image=beorning02tn5.jpg)

https://img59.imageshack.us/img59/9011/battle08ha4.th.jpg (https://img59.imageshack.us/my.php?image=battle08ha4.jpg)

https://img225.imageshack.us/img225/1352/battle09bx5.th.jpg (https://img225.imageshack.us/my.php?image=battle09bx5.jpg)

And a look at the Mumakil (with various Haradrim, Southron, Easterling, Variag, and Black Numenorean soldiers fighting in the foreground)
https://img225.imageshack.us/img225/9847/eastharad02hy9.th.jpg (https://img225.imageshack.us/my.php?image=eastharad02hy9.jpg)

Ciaran
07-17-2006, 10:54
Ah, it´s good to see that you´re not dead.

And as for the new units: You never cease to amaze :2thumbsup:

Anardil
07-18-2006, 20:06
The units look excellent as usual. I hope you guys will continue to work on this mod, as I'm really looking forward to a day when a LotR mod is actually completed.

Ilsamir Lord
07-19-2006, 06:18
Indeed. Your mod seems to be doing something altogether original with the material in terms of the design. Good luck with it and may a star shine upon you :D

Scoundrel
07-23-2006, 12:47
Ah, first time for a while I'm actually looking forward to release of this fine mod of yours. I propably would have remover RTW long ago if it would not have been for you. It shall lay in the deep chasms of my hard-drive till the release of METW. I'm sure it will be worth the waiting.

Nice to see Beornings. I would have suggested making them and woodsmen as rebels or minor factions, but the site has been down for a while. Nice work on those, especially the big axe wielders.

That last shot is quite impressive, I must say. I was afraid that the new Mumakil would not look as good as the old one did, but I must say I'm not disappointed at all. Nice one. The Black Numenoreans & others look excellent aswell, although we have seen them before, if my memory serves me right.

Keep up the great work.

Burns
07-23-2006, 21:52
Here are some more random screenshots from METW:

https://img209.imageshack.us/img209/8272/eldarisen04yf5.th.jpg (https://img209.imageshack.us/my.php?image=eldarisen04yf5.jpg)

Dunedain Grey Company with Noldor Lords, Mirkwood Swords and Lorien Fletwatch (temporary name) in the background.

https://img49.imageshack.us/img49/9758/eldarisen011ar7.th.jpg (https://img49.imageshack.us/my.php?image=eldarisen011ar7.jpg)

Extreme closeup of Lorien's Fletwatch.

https://img196.imageshack.us/img196/5825/eldarisen012ro6.th.jpg (https://img196.imageshack.us/my.php?image=eldarisen012ro6.jpg)

Dunedain Rangers

https://img49.imageshack.us/img49/6055/eldarisen013bb7.th.jpg (https://img49.imageshack.us/my.php?image=eldarisen013bb7.jpg)

Lorien's Swordwielders - Differ greatly from other Silvan with a preference for mail.

https://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7471/eremor01xf4.th.jpg (https://img356.imageshack.us/my.php?image=eremor01xf4.jpg)

Mordor's Olog-hai with Dwarrow Warriors.

https://img249.imageshack.us/img249/1219/gondoisenom6.th.jpg (https://img249.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gondoisenom6.jpg)

Winged Guard of the Citadel with Commander.

https://img49.imageshack.us/img49/5816/gondoisen02ky0.th.jpg (https://img49.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gondoisen02ky0.jpg)

Isendard's Half-Orcs.

Ciaran
07-24-2006, 11:53
Even though I´ll repeat myself: It´s good that you´re still up and running, unlike a couple of other mods.

As you made the Beornings a seperate faction: Will Umbar be one as well - after all, Umbar never was part of Harad but Numenorean land (albeit Black) since its founding by Ar-Pharazon. That makes the Corsairs from Umbar quite a logical consequence - the Numenoreans were a people of sea-farers, after all, and that wouldn´t be something that their change of allegiance towards Sauron would change.

Burns
07-24-2006, 13:24
By the timeframe of our mod, Umbar was no longer as independent as it had been in the past. It was fully under the control of the Haradrim. But in the campaign the province Umbar will be able to recruit its own units: Raiders, Sailors and Black Numenorians. When we laid out the factions for BI we decided to make Harad and Easterlings replacements for the Roman factions. So... the possibility of making a rebellious Umbar faction can be done.

HahnHolio
07-31-2006, 20:05
um...just a small question:

what happened to the website at metw.net? can´t reach it for some time now ...

greetz

HahnHolio

WImPyTjeH
08-10-2006, 12:44
me neither

W

Burns
08-10-2006, 15:05
Our host appears to be down. We might consider finding a new one. Until then updates go here.

- Right now working on Eriador/Breeland faction.

Ciaran
08-11-2006, 09:56
That´s bad to hear, but at least the mod as such is still alive, that´s the important part.

Though I wonder how you coordinate.

thomashaug
08-17-2006, 16:05
Too bad about the site, I just reinnstalled to mod downloaded from MEvault. I can't get the campaign working and with the site being down I really can't figure out what to do.

---and to clarify, when I try to start the campaign, it returns to the screen before you choose your faction.

ByzantineKnight
08-18-2006, 02:47
There is a site called www.lotrtw.com, they have a download link for the mod, i think (it might be changed). hope it helps

Burns
08-18-2006, 03:56
Maybe not sure about what changes have been made for LOTRTW.

Good news. We have a new home on the net. Apoc was kind enough to provide us with some help. Right now its empty, but expect a new FAQ and faction and unit previews this week.

thomashaug
08-18-2006, 08:24
Excellent, then I'll be able to look up the troubleshooting in a few weeks time. In the meantime, does anyone know which file i need to delete to resolve the issue ?

Burns
08-18-2006, 13:22
Lets do some quick troubleshooting.
Your file should be named something like metw070.exe. Make sure you have the correct version.
That version was released for Rome v.1.1. It has compatability issues with 1.2.
What may help you assuming you have those prerequisites is the .rvm file located in the world/maps/campaign/middle_earth folder (i believe thats the correct location). Delete it and try running the mod.

If nothing works out... then please be a bit more patient for the next release.

thomashaug
08-18-2006, 13:45
oh, right, that should have worked, but didn't....well, thanks for the help, I better just wait then:)

Burns
08-19-2006, 01:30
There is another way to get at the problem. Go to your shortcut and add -show_err to the end of the "Target" line. Then ingame try loading your campaign, if it shoots back to the campaign screen, exit the game. It may produce an error message.

ByzantineKnight
08-20-2006, 04:55
Maybe not sure about what changes have been made for LOTRTW.

Good news. We have a new home on the net. Apoc was kind enough to provide us with some help. Right now its empty, but expect a new FAQ and faction and unit previews this week.

:oops: Ok, i thought that might be the case.

What is the new hosts address.

Tittils
08-20-2006, 22:01
http://www.chamber-of-records.com/forum

mac89
08-21-2006, 13:47
There is a site called www.lotrtw.com, they have a download link for the mod, i think (it might be changed). hope it helps
I changed the name of the link to METW 0.70, but its still there.

ByzantineKnight
08-21-2006, 14:06
I changed the name of the link to METW 0.70, but its still there.

Hi, I did'nt think you were on the Guild, im the guy thats been bugging you about LotR TW and ElvenWarrior.

What i actually meant was you might have changed the files from the original METW ones

http://www.chamber-of-records.com/forum

Thanks!

mac89
08-22-2006, 19:23
What i actually meant was you might have changed the files from the original METW ones

No, if you just click Movie Edition Part 1 youll get the original game from the fantastic METW Development team.

ByzantineKnight
08-23-2006, 04:08
Ok thanks

Encaitar
09-23-2006, 05:14
An extensive preview (http://www.chamber-of-records.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=252) is up over at the Chamber of Records (http://www.chamber-of-records.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=17). It gives a little bit of detail about each faction, and shows all their units.

Here's a couple of examples

Noldoli High Lord
https://img157.imageshack.us/img157/5748/eldarnoldorgeneralrg0.jpg

Hobbit Leader
https://img157.imageshack.us/img157/5601/breehobbitleadermt2.jpg

Enjoy!

WImPyTjeH
09-23-2006, 11:14
like i said on CoR, great job guys :wink:

W

ByzantineKnight
09-23-2006, 13:00
Sweet!!!

Apoc
09-23-2006, 13:02
That preview is scrumptiously crunchable - and so is the Hobbit in that screen...

Ciaran
09-24-2006, 12:01
Good to see you´re still alive :2thumbsup:

WImPyTjeH
09-30-2006, 11:27
hey guys, you gota check this out:

CORCAST #1 – From Weathertop (http://www.chamber-of-records.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=281)

The Chamber of Records are extremely proud to present the first ever CORCAST. This is a Middle-earth modding and Lore podcast, which we hope to put out on a regular basis. In this first CORCAST we have a treat for all Tolkien fans, but especially those of you who are interested in the Total War games: an hour long (more than an hour, in fact!) interview with Encaitar Arandur, the leader of the highly anticipated modification for Rome: Total War, Middle Earth: Total War.

W

Murfios
10-14-2006, 03:30
Wow,
that
is
sweet!:2thumbsup:

Viscious_Fish
12-12-2006, 22:00
Are you planning on a conversion to M2TW?

Gandalf the White
04-24-2007, 21:22
is the mod still going? The site is down and I was wondering.

Apoc
04-24-2007, 21:26
Their forum is here: Middle Earth: Total War (http://www.chamber-of-records.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=95)

Thor the Bassist
08-20-2008, 12:18
Seeing as the latest release (dont get too excited) got quite a few downloads when I put it on Chamber of Records I'm going to advertise it here.

This is really a re-packing of several earlier releases and unlike previous releases is an easy to install executeable.

The release consists of 0.99c, the campaign update and Rivendell and Osgiliath sets with some historical battles.

The campaign still needs someone to fix tech trees and place units and family members on the map but custom battles work fine.

Found here, please follow install instructions. (http://www.chamber-of-records.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2078)

Thor the Bassist
10-21-2008, 13:04
METW v1.00 is out. Still beta but now has a campaign that works. (http://www.chamber-of-records.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2078)

Elves and Gundabad do not currently work - I am working on this so dont spam this thread saying they dont work.