PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with error message

Meneldil
11-13-2004, 15:20
Hey, though I don't like to post a message like that (whining for someone to help me), I'm getting mad at the game, so posting might be worth a try.
I've been trying to mod the original RTW map so I can use it for a Viking TW, but I have a script error I have not been able to correct yet, so I humbly ask for someone's help ~D

1 - Firstly, I have added some provinces and settlements/ports, everything went fine
Then I thought "Why not increasing the map height, and adding some land in the north ?"
2 - So I've increased the height of map_regions, map_features, map_heights, etc. (I did that for all maps).
3 - After editing everything, I tried to launch the game with -show err. I had to correct a few bugs (size of some maps being incorrect).
I try to launch again, and then, I get this error message :

"Script Error in data/world/maps/campaigns/trial/desr_strat.txt, at line 4611, column 2.
You have chosen and invalid tile (0, 0) for the settlement of"

Well, hum ok, but the settlement of what ?
Does anyone know if it's a generic error for a generic error (and if yes, what kind of script error ?), or if there's precisely a settlement that is messed up (though I haven't modded settlements between step 1 and step 3) ?

Silver Rusher
11-13-2004, 15:25
You're the guy who discovered the campaign map? I WORSHIP AT YOUR FEET!!!

Anyways, have you actually checked what is on line 4611, column 2? I may be able to help once you've told me.

Meneldil
11-13-2004, 15:33
Errr no, I'm just a noob trying to mod the map following the "Research : mapping the campaign map" thread ~D

Anyway, I had a look at line 4611, column 2, and I found :
type defenses wooden_pallisade

Nothing that looks like a script error :-P

Silver Rusher
11-13-2004, 15:37
Oh wait no, I'm thinking of someone else...

hmm... I don't know what's going on here. Ask the guy... Midnight! Yeah, that's the one (sorry, I thought it was Meneldil, not Midnight and his friend whose name I cannot remember who discovered it)