PDA

View Full Version : Modding life-span

dclare4
11-16-2004, 10:47
Hello everyone,

Just wondering if it's possible to change the lifespan of the characters in the game as they seem to die off at the ripe young age of 50 on the average. This would be helpful particularly if you want the game to proceed by 'turns' rather than seasons.

Thanks,
Clare

Encaitar
11-16-2004, 13:06
It would be very nice indeed. What would be even nicer would be if you could set life expectancy by faction (or at least by culture). *cough elves, dunedain and dwarves cough*

Myrddraal
11-16-2004, 13:32
CA: you should definately include this in a patch. And if you need an excuse, they can always use it to make barbarian life spans shorter than Roman ones. ;-)

Ranika
11-16-2004, 13:34
Ugh, don't encourage that as an excuse, would just be another bad historical inaccuracy for the already horridly brutalized, heavily fantasized barbarian factions.

dclare4
11-19-2004, 11:04
There must be some kind of modifiers in-game for the lifespan, I'm playing RTW and my faction leader's way past the 90 mark and still going strong. My best general died an octegenarian too. Though this is the exception rather than the rule but what Does determine how long these guys live?

just wondering,
Clare