PDA

View Full Version : On pater familias and PBM

SwordsMaster
11-16-2004, 14:55
Okay, maybe Im making a stupid suggestion here, but why not make the PBMs the good auld way?

IE, everyone a faction leader til his death. Adopt some sort of agreement about heirs, say the youngest son inherits (or the oldest son inherits, for shorter periods). I think that would make it more "personal" if youn know what i mean.

I know, you might get a stupid heir, but fate is fate, and you can make him improve even a little bit.

Alternatively, allow the "next" player to choose the heir when the "father" becomes 50, and stick with that one.

Just my opinion tho

Regards

econ21
11-16-2004, 18:44
Yup, that was suggested in the "Has RTW killed PBM" thread and is what King Yngvar is doing with his Gaul campaign. I agree the 10 year rule just does not feel right. I would say let one player take a single reign, however long, and also choose the best heir as they see it. Letting the next player choose at age 50 is also a neat idea, if people can coordinate it.

SwordsMaster
11-16-2004, 18:57
Thanks for the support Simon, ~:cheers: I was just looking for some pbm campaign to play/join, but all of them had the 10 year limit. And I dont really think 10 years is satisfying enough....

Its not like your presidencial election, 10 years and change, but an inheritance kind of thing so I think it is nicer the other way.