PDA

View Full Version : What are GLOSS files?

warlordmb
11-17-2004, 13:30
In the Data/Model_unit folder are a number of GLOSS files. Could someone please tell me what they are for (I know that they are unit graphic files) and what relation they bear to other unit graphic files in the Data folder.

Thank you.

~:cheers:

MAsta_KFC
11-17-2004, 14:00
Gloss files are files which give units in the game a metallic 'reflection' on their armor found in some CA screenshots but not included in the game. Originally only available for the Roman Auxilia Archer, a genious who was tinkering around the texture files figured out how to enable gloss for all units. ~;)

There is a whole thread dedicated to implementing reflections and links to download. The thread is HERE (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=45&t=10834&st=0#entry201940).

Remember, the mod does not work on 3rd party skins, unless you know how the naming conventions work. It's all in that thread.

Cheers!

NicSO
11-17-2004, 22:52
Its all logic;).

I used to play with M:TW files and with old NFS 3(HP) files. I gave police pursuit bus that I downloaded from the net but bus kept the stats of the police car (weight...etc.).

On M:TW I made few units on my own like my version of skutatoi and byzantine light cavalry and heavy spearmen:)

warlordmb
11-18-2004, 10:28
Its all logic;).

I used to play with M:TW files and with old NFS 3(HP) files. I gave police pursuit bus that I downloaded from the net but bus kept the stats of the police car (weight...etc.).

On M:TW I made few units on my own like my version of skutatoi and byzantine light cavalry and heavy spearmen:)

NiCSO

I downloaded your Byzantine Units into my MTW/VI campaigns and thought they were great.
Badly needed for the Byzs. I never got to say thanks, so well done and I hope you can contribute something similar with RTW.

Good luck.

~:cheers:

NicSO
11-18-2004, 16:38
First of all thnx;)
I have new version of byzantine units pack, I included few new units (that are not my work but Its nice collection of byzantine units:)) and I have changed some unit stats. I will upload it after few corrections:)
...I uploaded 1.2 version and 1.3 will come soon ( new unit icons and descriptions)
Byzantines did have skutatoi heavy spearmen and latro trapezitoi and heavy spearmen...etc. but they were not originaly included in the game so I included them:)
I like playing with Byzantines...btw. with new units dont play on easy because I changed stats also (Cathraptacts arent so weak, byz infantry etc.).

If I find some time I will do something for Rome to but I will need help...I have friend who is wizard of graphic design but hes always busy....