PDA

View Full Version : Wonder if there will be WWII:TW?

Vikings
11-17-2004, 15:51
Not sure where to post this, but i was looking at another game i like but lack of interests. Called "Hearts of Iron" (HOI), Paradox and other staffs made part two (HOI2) and didnt have much improvements on it. Just added sprites effects, new pics, clicks, sounds, etcs.

Over year ago i mention them it should have 3D enviroments so user(s) can see what the hell is going on. Just like impressive 3D engines like RTW, too impressive.

Well they may not make another one, not sure if they'er lack of skills or cant or wont do it. Anyway im looking for WWII scenarios just like ROME.

WWII Total War sound interesting but is it possible they will make in the furture someday?

I made comments over there in HOI2/Paradox Forums that one of these will hope over and earn there respects. Doesnt look like they care at all so most companies trying to stay strong by making profits. WWII:TW could be the next step? Doesnt look like they are planning on making another one or remake and TW's Staffs got the knowledges of 3D engines.

So what is TW Series next step?

TosaInu
11-17-2004, 17:33
Hello Vikings,

Good call, where does this belong? This is not the best forum for it, I guess the Arena or maybe even the Colosseum is. I will look around and move it to a place that is better.

I think we'll first see a Ancient Europe themed expansion pack: some barbarian invasion.

Mithrandir
11-17-2004, 23:27
Yup, always first an expansion pack.
Then, Fantasy Total War (only then will I upgrade my pc to play a game).

Anyways, moving this to the Arena seems most appropriate.

Vikings
11-17-2004, 23:42
Just wonder if there any designers/programmers that handle TW series hang out in here? Have anyone noticed or they dont have the time to surf?

It a good things to keep tracks of ideas, building and fixing bugs based on TW softwares.

Just like to see WWII:TW come out someday before i die. ~:)

Mithrandir
11-17-2004, 23:53
CA are quite active, only in the tech dojo and the colloseum though.

Lonewarrior
11-18-2004, 03:38
Yup, always first an expansion pack.
Then, Fantasy Total War (only then will I upgrade my pc to play a game).

Anyways, moving this to the Arena seems most appropriate.

WOW until then, that's gonna take a while. You may want to update your PC sooner. :)

Mithrandir
11-18-2004, 14:19
Na, I'll have to keep upgrading it. First of al I wouldn't know how, second, it wuld be cheaper to just buy a brand new one by that time...

Lonewarrior
11-19-2004, 06:34
Na, I'll have to keep upgrading it. First of al I wouldn't know how, second, it wuld be cheaper to just buy a brand new one by that time...

Agreed. I had a computer that I kept upgradin and at the end, it was the most suckiest computer ever. Nothing was compatible with each other. So I bought a new one.

Kaiser of Arabia
11-21-2004, 16:19
Dude that would be awesome. I can just imagine it...
... me rolling my Panzers through poland with my allies Britain helping me take Russia...
...mmm... the smell of Massive 3d modern war...
-Capo

Big King Sanctaphrax
11-21-2004, 23:00
I really don't think WWII total war would work, while remaining a total war game. Since the Total war games are based on troops moving in large blocks, and this was not how things worked in WWII, the core dynamic would have to be completely altered.

WWII doesn't lend itself to the pitched battles the Total War engine simulates, either.

Mikeus Caesar
12-23-2004, 14:52
Nooo!! No no no!!! I would hate that!! After all, airplane battles would end up being the same as ship battles: Auto-resolved!!!! I would personally prefer a WW1 total war.

Efrem
12-24-2004, 01:24
I would agree that the old TW engine couldn't handle WW2, but the new one could admirably. Remember than what is on the campain map is on the battle field and they can change, you probably have the ablity to build trenchs the way you can now build forts.