PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know to increase frequncy of storms?

ghostcamel
11-18-2004, 02:27
Ive played about 200 yrs and ive seen 2 storms. They happened during my first campaign back to back and never again. I have navies ranging across the entire sea, and yet i never, ever see any storms.

Can you have blizzards over Northern Europe? That would probably be too much to ask....

Thanx for any help :bow:

Back to fighting off the Evil Egyptians with my Shiny Seluecids for me ~:)
:egypt: :egypt: :egypt: :egypt: :whip:

therother
11-29-2004, 19:03
Most of the diasters/events seem to bugged in the vanilla game. There is a discussion, with some possible solutions, in this thread (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=39910)

Red Harvest
11-29-2004, 19:58
The edits got storms working at the beginning of campaigns. I just started a Scythian campaign and noticed a huge storm recently over enemy ships (I don't have any boats and have very little waterfront.) I haven't reloaded a save of the game yet. I have a feeling that it won't work after reloads since I've never seen one work that way--remembering my many tries with Carthage. The storms just stop at some point, and never resume.

I suspect there may be some sort of initialization issue like storms only get set at the beginning of the campaign and it isn't stored. Therefore it isn't "remembered" when you reload. It is just a guess.

therother
11-29-2004, 20:42
Hopefully the imminent patch will solve these issues.

Silver Rusher
11-29-2004, 23:13
I think I can help you.

Go into your RTW directory. Go to Data\World\Base\descr_disasters.txt and edit:

event storm
frequency 4
winter true
summer false
warning false
region the sea
min_scale 2
max_scale 5

You just need to make the frequency level higher.

ElementUK
12-20-2004, 20:36
uhm..the base folder is in the 'maps' folder.