PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!

PROMETHEUS
11-19-2004, 00:13
Hi guys I was triyng to make a modification to max but ....

i import the praetorian guard , delete everything but the crested top of the helmet , ten i save it ....I reset import another mesh and i merge it with the previously saved crest , ythen i take the crest and select link to the bone of the head but this is what I get when I try to export....

http://img31.exs.cx/img31/9180/jpg6.jpg

any Help??? :blush

Aymar de Bois Mauri
11-19-2004, 00:36
Hi guys I was triyng to make a modification to max but ....

i import the praetorian guard , delete everything but the crested top of the helmet , ten i save it ....I reset import another mesh and i merge it with the previously saved crest , ythen i take the crest and select link to the bone of the head but this is what I get when I try to export....

any Help??? :blush:
That is one of the reasons why I prefer to edit the mesh instead of merging objects. It might be due to the bone and some CAS saving feature, but I really don't know. Try to remodel the helm with a crest by adding polygons and shaping it instead of merging objects. It might work. :thinking:

PROMETHEUS
11-19-2004, 01:40
TO RESHAPE THE HELM i SCHOULD COLLAPSE THE MESH AND SO THE SKIN MODIFIER THEN i WOULDN'T KNOW HOW TO REAPPLY IT .....

Aymar de Bois Mauri
11-19-2004, 02:44
TO RESHAPE THE HELM i SCHOULD COLLAPSE THE MESH AND SO THE SKIN MODIFIER THEN i WOULDN'T KNOW HOW TO REAPPLY IT .....
Oops!! :stunned: No need to shout! :surprised:

I'm getting lost here! I didn't have any problems to reshape the mesh WITHOUT colapsing it. I didn't alter the skin modifier if not for the UVW mapping. But those are just details... :confused:

Aymar de Bois Mauri
11-19-2004, 03:07
But now I remember that I haven't added any polygons to my modified meshes, therefore the skin modifier isn't changed. I've only moved polygons and re-worked the placement of the UVW map.

The samnite
11-19-2004, 04:32
I've successfully added polygons to models I've worked on in two different ways.

I've cut new edges and divided them to get more detail, most notably in adding beards. I've also added separate objects as well, such as hats and straps. Linking them to a bone like you've tried to do worked for me.

I've also imported objects from other models successfully.

Have you tried selecting the plume object then picked the "export selected" option in the file menu? Then import it to the new model, position it correctly and link it to the head? You should have the option of keeping the UVW coordinates as well.

This works for me, so I don't see why it shouldn't for you.

PROMETHEUS
11-19-2004, 11:04
whooo I made it , I have been able to make a new cas and make it work in the game ....whoooo now I can model them too :charge: :charge: :charge: :charge: :charge: :charge: :charge: :charge: :charge: :charge: :charge: :charge:

Aymar de Bois Mauri
11-19-2004, 16:48
whooo I made it , I have been able to make a new cas and make it work in the game ....whoooo now I can model them too :charge: :charge: :charge: :charge: :charge: :charge: :charge: :charge: :charge: :charge: :charge: :charge:
Great!!! I'm glad you were able to do it. :smile: