PDA

View Full Version : Adding buildings

eadingas
11-19-2004, 20:41
Has anyone succeeded in adding a full new building? I'm getting CTDs without any error messages. Really annoying, I wanted to experiment a bit with new buildings ideas...

sharrukin
11-19-2004, 23:10
Has anyone succeeded in adding a full new building? I'm getting CTDs without any error messages. Really annoying, I wanted to experiment a bit with new buildings ideas...

There is a building editor in the RTW Mod section. Presumably it works!

eadingas
11-19-2004, 23:30
No, it doesn't. All it does is making the editing of export_descr_building easier a bit, but even that not much. There's a lot more involved than that, including selecting cas models and ui pictures, etc. I thought I had it all done, but the game still crashes.

eadingas
11-24-2004, 22:53
Yay! I did it! I added a building, and it works!
http://img127.exs.cx/img127/8864/garrison.jpg

Ph33R my 1337 sk33lz ~;)

Ranika
11-24-2004, 22:55
Hurray! This is most excellent. Can you select graphics and the like though? The build icon for it looks a little off, and the info picture is Roman and so on.

eadingas
11-24-2004, 23:51
The graphics is generic building graphics. I may have 1337 sk331z ;) but no graphic ones. If someone draws something for me, I can put it there, no prob.

Ranika
11-25-2004, 03:18
I don't know anything about adding/making graphics, but I mean, if you had the graphics for the new building, you would know how to add them into the game?

eadingas
11-25-2004, 08:46
Yes. It's as easy as putting graphics for units, just make a directory in UI and put a picture with a proper name in it.

WhiteWolf
11-27-2004, 23:49
Just in case you guys are interested vercingortix has released import support for item files, building models, and is in the process of making the script export capable. By the way nice work on the mod so far guys I sincerly hope that you finish it and add all the things that are missing from RTW. If I was not working on the fourth age mod I would definatly sign on with you guys. Look foreward to seeing the finished mod.

Aymar de Bois Mauri
11-28-2004, 00:19
Just in case you guys are interested vercingortix has released import support for item files, building models, and is in the process of making the script export capable.
Thanks!! I've just found that out westerday. Altohough some of the guys in our group already knew for some time ( Vercingetorix :wink: )...

By the way nice work on the mod so far guys I sincerly hope that you finish it and add all the things that are missing from RTW. If I was not working on the fourth age mod I would definatly sign on with you guys. Look foreward to seeing the finished mod.
Thanks for your words of encouragement. :bow:

Ranika
11-28-2004, 02:16
Does this mean we can add Oppidia and trenches and such?

Aymar de Bois Mauri
11-29-2004, 01:55
Does this mean we can add Oppidia and trenches and such?
Oppidia, yes. Trenches, I don't know.

Ranika
11-29-2004, 02:00
eadingas said modifications to terrain were done by the 'town center' like structure. So, the barbarian high king's hall and such make that center hill. Was thinking, perhaps that could also add a trench or embankment around the settlement, or raise it up a bit more, making it more like a hill fort. Irregardless, I'd be pleased as peach just to see Oppidia added.