PDA

View Full Version : Mike Simpson interview in Edge has a bit about MP...

frogbeastegg
11-20-2004, 11:12
Having half a million people playing the game inevitably finds things that can be improved, and multiplayer is one area we'll keep working on all the way up to the next release. At this point about 20 (out of an overall team of 77) people are spending some or all of their time working on the patch.

That is from the Christmas issue, page 15.

Nigel
11-20-2004, 19:16
Well, fingers crossed and thumbs up.

Our hope restst on the 20.
May their minds be sharp and their hearts (and coffee's) be strong.

:2thumbsup:

Tera
11-21-2004, 02:31
I am hopeful the patch will be bring very positive changes to RTW MP, and hopefully will be make it a very enjoyable experience to everyone.

Voigtkampf
11-21-2004, 08:25
I hope that as well, but somehow I don’t actually believe the Rome will ever replace the Medieval in my heart, no matter how many patches/expansions.

Dionysus9
11-21-2004, 08:48
I hope that as well, but somehow I don’t actually believe the Rome will ever replace the Medieval in my heart, no matter how many patches/expansions.

I just finished playing some incredible MTW:VI games against Buntaro--just 1v1's, but they were incredible.

So far RTW is soooo far away from the tactical depth of MTW:VI that I have to agree with you. It will take something truly magnificent--something we've not seen from CA since the release of Shogun--to change that.

Lets keep our fingers crossed. If they are really allocating 2/7 of the team to MP that is a huge leap forward. I'm guessing that is about 3 times more people than they have ever had working on MP since the beginning of the series.

CA has been able to pull off some amazing magic in the past, and if they are really putting their backs into it--I think they can fix MP RTW and make it shine brighter than MTW. . .

that being said, we've had high hopes in the past so we will just have to wait and see.

CBR
11-21-2004, 13:09
If they are really allocating 2/7 of the team to MP that is a huge leap forward

Wishful thinking ~;)

Says about 20 working on the patch not 20 on MP.

CBR

tootee
11-21-2004, 18:02
.. having at least two FULL time on MP is a good start.. :bow: