PDA

View Full Version : Free Space: Who Should It Be?

Silver Rusher
11-24-2004, 21:54
I've decided to remove the Wallachians and give their lands to the Order of the Dragon. They were the main members of the order and I think that it is fair that the Wallachians are basically just the leaders of them.

So that leaves a free space. Vote now on who else you think should be in the mod.

zelda12
11-24-2004, 22:31
The peoples front of Judea!
Hold on a second I thought we were the Peoples Popular front of Judea?
Really I thought we were the Judean Peoples Front?

Ignore me, I vote for the Swedish.

Uesugi Kenshin
11-24-2004, 22:49
I do not know enough about these factions to vote, but can anyone give me an idea of how long it takes to become a full member if you are on all the time and not disruptive? Do I have to talk to a moderator or something?
:help: ~:confused: :help:

Deo
11-26-2004, 20:28
Albania!

Silver Rusher
11-26-2004, 20:34
I think that most of the people voting on this poll don't understand what would most benefit gameplay, instead just voting for quite insignifigant far flung nations that they happen to be from (no offense)

Please be sensible people. I'm gonna change the Byzantines here as well.

Uesugi Kenshin
11-26-2004, 21:30
YAY I CAN VOTE!

But I will not because I do not know the factions well... Ironic that.

Silver Rusher
11-26-2004, 22:02
Aha, so you are a member.

105 posts in less than a month... lol

Uesugi Kenshin
11-27-2004, 04:32
Yeah I have been on for 2-3 weeks and have been making all my posts at a set time and about 4-5 posts a night. Damn frightening..........

zelda12
11-27-2004, 12:13
Hmm, serious aye. Has to effect gameplay aye. Well then I think it should be located in the east as they seem to be starved of Factions. Perhaps a faction in North Africa to stop the spaniards spreading to far north to find their German cousins. Maybe the moors. But make sure they get a lot of good generals, with field defence speicilist virtues and good defence troops to make sure the spaniards don't just smash them within two turns.

Silver Rusher
11-27-2004, 12:59
Yeah, I'm adding the moors into it.

Don't worry, if there's anything that the RTW engine fixed which makes the game much better is that it's hard to conquer a place no matter how powerful the defending faction is. The spanish are gonna have a hard time on it, trust me.

The east, the east... I think it's OK that the east is starved of factions because really the Mongols and the Turks dominated the east. I think Bohemia would be good as it would give the HRE something to do rather than just walking around hacking rebels.

Meneldil
12-01-2004, 19:57
Let's hope we'll be allowed to add more factions later, with the expansion, or maybe even with a patch.

Uesugi Kenshin
12-18-2004, 01:37
SR: Who did you end up choosing for this free slot?

The Blind King of Bohemia
12-18-2004, 01:48
Mate honestly, adding the order of the dragon as a faction is kinda wrong, especially in place of the Wallachians, best guy to ask on this subject is a sound fella on these forums called Vlad the Impaler, he knows his stuff.

If you add the moors call them something like the Barbary states, which would be more suitable for the timeline of your mod.

If you need any help with the historical side i know a fair bit on the subject, and i have a bit of free time on my hands so feel free to ask mate ~:cheers:

You could add the Tartars under Timarlane(you mod starts in 1402), that for me would be a great faction, which could keep the Ottomans, Mamelukes amd other eastern factions on their toes :duel:

Silver Rusher
12-18-2004, 09:59
The thing is BKB, we need 3 crusader factions and the Order of the Dragon is the only other one I can think of. So, seeing as really the Wallachians pretty much made up the Order of the Dragon, that is where they would be. Don't worry, the Order of the Dragon will pretty much be the Wallachians, just under a different name. In mods, as we all know, (especially you, making one of the best non-conversion mods for MTW) we always have to occasionally jump out of accuracy a little to fit the gameplay.

We ended up putting Moors and Mameluks in to the game. The only spare slot for an extra faction is an Orthodox slot, in which we could probably either split up the Russian factions (which, if you ask me, would mean that one of the factions would probably be a little too insignifigant.

Also, Tamerlane is in there, and he is the leader of the Golden Horde. All mongol-cultured rebels will effectively be "tartars" in their kind of state. We must remember that for every mod we must fit our factions into their culture catagories.

Thanks for the suggestions though,
SR

The Blind King of Bohemia
12-18-2004, 16:45
The Kingdom of Cyprus could also be there, their king led an attack against Egypt in there mid 14th century and they could be a perfect crusader faction. The island was ruled by the Frankish Lusignan dynasty till 1489 until Venetian domination in the 16th century.

Uesugi Kenshin
12-20-2004, 04:43
Too bad there is not an extra Catholic faction slot.

BKB Cyprus is a bit small for a faction, probably too easy to defeat in comparison with The Order of The Dragon, but if it is a good replacement I think it would be good to have a couple of small factions because really good players might enjoy the challenge.

Silver Rusher
12-20-2004, 10:01
I personally think that the Order of the Dragon will be challenging enough in itself. They would be one of the main enemies of the Ottoman Empire, which for a fairly weak faction that they are would be VERY difficult to deal with. I was thinking about the idea of a kind of "horde" faction as I call it, when who is very powerful and very expansionist and will be the early death of many factions in the early game. They have done this in pretty much every TW and even a few mods, like HTW's Persia which I think was done very well, or VI's Vikings. I think this greatly adds to the gameplay of small, nearby factions. The Ottoman Empire seems perfect for this.

Yggdrasill
12-20-2004, 16:00
With regards for the Ottomans, they should be very strong in the 15th century (both in terms of quality and quantity of troops), almost impossible to beat. However, as the 16th century starts rolling, lack of more modern troops, and advance of military science in the West should make it much more challenging. By the end of 16th, western factions should enjoy a clear advantage in troop quality (with the possible exception of some cav units).

Yggdrasill
01-08-2005, 21:23
wrong thread