PDA

View Full Version : Member status?

Uesugi Kenshin
11-25-2004, 05:29
Just wondering when I will be able to get member status and vote in polls, because I am helping somewhat with both CTW and Sengoku Jidai, and though I do not have an important role it would be nice to be able to answer their polls. I know I have only been with the forum a month and understand that member status may be a long time coming for me but I would just like to have some idea of how it is given out and when.

As a side note I have spent the last 20 minutes or so looking over your Faqs and old watchtower posts and have found only a vague and outdated reference to getting custom pictures at 500+ posts. For thos of us new to this forum it would be nice to have an official statement even if it is not a clear cut number of posts or amount of time. Another suggestion would be to put a line in the faq about this if possible. Thanks for providing this great forum!

Sasaki Kojiro
11-25-2004, 05:55
Way back when all there was was a few shogun avatars based on post count. Those with over 500 (good) posts were allowed a custom avatar. That later changed when lots of extra avatars were added, when you got 500 posts you could choose your own avatar. Now anyone can choose their avatar I think.

Hosakawa Tito
11-25-2004, 06:04
Uesugi Kenshin, I pmed an Entrance Hall Moderator, Kukrikhan, about your member status. You should be hearing from him very soon.

therother
11-25-2004, 06:29
Any member can choose from a selection of avatars (click on User CP/Edit Avatar), although, IIRC, the selection is wider when you are promoted, and when your post count exceeds 500.

Uesugi Kenshin
11-25-2004, 20:07
Thanks for all the info guys! ~:cheers:

Uesugi Kenshin
11-25-2004, 20:09
Wow I just noticed I am a full member. Thanks guys!

Efrem
12-24-2004, 09:03
So,

what do you have to do to become a senior Member?

and what are the benifits?

Adrian II
12-24-2004, 09:56
So, who do you have to f*ck to become a senior Member? and what are the benifits?You have to wash your mouth to become Senior. The benefit is that people are more likely to take your posts seriously.

ah_dut
12-24-2004, 12:23
and a larger PM box which may help some people

ichi
12-24-2004, 20:20
Edited to make you wonder what was here before I edited it

ichi

LittleGrizzly
12-24-2004, 23:59
generally you have to be nice, play within the rules and make qaulity posts. To much effort i now.

Redleg
12-25-2004, 15:33
generally you have to be nice, play within the rules and make qaulity posts. To much effort i now.

Then I wonder how I got to being a Senior Member. I don't always play nice, I often make quality posts - but sometimes go to far, and every now and then I break the rules in a most horrid way.

However I rarely use foul language when asking the moderators a question about my status. That would be the first thing one would need to learn when wanting to increase their status - not to ask questions in a crude matter.

Uesugi Kenshin
12-26-2004, 04:21
This thread just keeps on getting pulled out of its grave.... it is amazing. I think this would be a good thread to sticky, because if people want to see how to get member status this should help.... It is as always up to Tosa and the gang. Great forum guys! ~:cheers: