PDA

View Full Version : Ca releases new units...

PROMETHEUS
11-27-2004, 13:51
This is a good new for modders....hoping they will release as well new animations and such .....here (http://www.totalwar.com/community/newunits.htm)

eadingas
11-27-2004, 14:57
This is sloppy job... they didn't even release a new card graphics for this unit. And why are they naked? Should they be naked?

PROMETHEUS
11-27-2004, 15:33
I still think mine are better lol .... ~D

Aymar de Bois Mauri
11-27-2004, 16:21
I still think mine are better lol .... ~D
That is because they are. :yes:

PSYCHO V
11-27-2004, 16:41
Thanks for the heads up ~D

Ahilleas
11-29-2004, 11:50
This is sloppy job... they didn't even release a new card graphics for this unit. And why are they naked? Should they be naked?
well I agree with you Eadingas. Its a sloppy job indeed thats replacing another sloppy job. Spartans i think are one of the most disappointing units in RTW. Spartans were a warrior society living in a communal society where the only expensive things they could justify their ownership were their weapons and armor. Their famous red chiton was not a caftan or nightdress as CA guys depicted it. Many wore the pilos style helmet due to economical reasons. Their first choice would be the attic style helmet or a similar form if they could afford it after the great pelloponesian war. They were not naked at all but also they didnt wore the chiton in battle. The color of their chlamis was also red. The unit CA is offering now its not correct BUT its closer to the FEELING of a spartan unit than the other(who would be scared by a guy with red nightdress) .The hair are very correct since they were not long only due to fashion- tradition reasons, but by Lycourgos law. Many disagree with the corinthian helmet but i must remind that armor most times was going from father to son. So corinthian helmet wasnt the rule but not wrong also. By the way after the pelloponesian war Greeks in general started using armour again. No Greek unit was naked they wore at least an ''exomis'' chiton with the spear shoulder out. Maybe you have include already (so dont mind this) but in the moded Spartan units there MUST be officer unit. Also it wouldnt be strange if this unit had bronze armour.