PDA

View Full Version : Help with MoreCities mod

USMCNJ
11-27-2004, 16:12
i'm trying to make a mod, where everything is the same, except for the number of cities.
I've added about 20 cities to Italy, Greece, Spain and Africa. (will add more in the future)
http://web.njit.edu/~ip3/PIC/Italy.JPG
http://web.njit.edu/~ip3/PIC/Sicily.JPG
http://web.njit.edu/~ip3/PIC/Spain.JPG
http://web.njit.edu/~ip3/PIC/africa.JPG
http://web.njit.edu/~ip3/PIC/Greece.JPG
can someone look at the aboce pics, see the cities i've add and:
Part I
1) tell me better cities to add.
2) what cities i should move
3) what should i delete
4) what cities should belong to who in 270 BC
Part II( someone who knows how do mod settlements, and other features in RTW)
5) tell me the buildings (so the culture would fit) to put in each of the cities
6) tell me what resources (available in the game) i should add to each city.
7) what the city size and population should be
Thanks.

Duke John
11-27-2004, 21:01
A better place for this is in the Mod development forum.

Good luck with it, it does look good!

Silver Rusher
11-27-2004, 22:01
This looks like an idea. But isn't there a limit on the provinces in the game?

A few more- In Crete there could be Knossos as well as Kydonia, Knossos (sp?) being on the east of the island.

You could add a Caledonia province as well.

EDIT: http://www.athenapub.com/frejmp1.gif

Duke Malcolm
11-28-2004, 12:52
Dunadd, at the northmost coast of Scotland, on the left, in the region of Dalriada, and another region to its right, with Dun Eideann as its city.

USMCNJ
11-28-2004, 16:22
i believe the limit is 200.
i'm adding the major cities now. if i have colors left over i will add more.
thanks for the sugestions so far

kataphraktoi
11-29-2004, 06:48
Yo, USMNCJ

If ur interested I can provide a map for disecting new provinces and new cities in the middle east>>>

Give me ur e-mail and I'll send it sometime this week.

USMCNJ
11-29-2004, 09:25
thanks kataphraktoi
email me at USMCArtilleryNUKE
at yahoo
email me so i can give you my current files

eadingas
11-29-2004, 11:52
God... more sieges...

kataphraktoi
11-29-2004, 17:01
To USMNCJ,

do you have a screenshot of the middle east on your computer. I have the maps with all the important cities but I thought it would be easy for you if I edited the screenshot of the middle east with the cities and province boundaries??

if so, pass it on to fuzzwuzznuzz@hotmail.com, if not, don't worry bout it.

Looking at some maps, there are some interesting new provinces/cities to be added to the Middle east as strategic and valuable regions to contest over.

By the way, uyr dissection of north africa was awesome! You really captured the kind of conflict that existed between the urban Punic peoples and the Moorish tribes of the interior!!

USMCNJ
11-30-2004, 00:40
kataphraktoi, i haven't started working on middle east yet, so it's the same as the game.
I just finished work on Asia Minor.
I think the hardest part of this project is deciding which cities are importand and which once are not.
if you could make the map of the reigon with the cites location (i've noticed that RTW the port location is were the city should be and the actually city is put at a random spot some distance away. ) I could mod the cities into the map.

i'm going to email you a zip file with the changes i've made to the map so far.

kataphraktoi
11-30-2004, 06:27
My bad, i didn't write properly.

I know that u didn't mod the middle east yet, I need the screenshot of the middle east unmodded so I can edit it thru photoshop and add the new suggested boundaries and important cities to be included.

Here's my criteria for province/city selection:

- strategic location
- historical importance
- particular important sites
- geographic constraints

Hotmails gone all weird on me.

try this other email address (apologies for its longevity)

allthatyoucantleavebehind@gmail.com

SwordsMaster
11-30-2004, 19:08
hmmm.... the greek are looks quite overpopulated.... If there is an army i n the gap between Demetrios and Larissa, BOTH garrsons will sally to attack, and then if you win, you take 3 cities with ONE army.

USMCNJ
11-30-2004, 22:42
as of nowMoreCities Mod (http://web.njit.edu/~ip3/MoreCities.zip) i'm just adding cities. all cities are the same, just the government place. i'm going to add armies and building once i'm done adding cities.

kataphraktoi, here are maps of middle east and asia
http://web.njit.edu/~ip3/PIC/egypt.JPG
http://web.njit.edu/~ip3/PIC/middle_east.JPG
http://web.njit.edu/~ip3/PIC/north_asia.JPG
http://web.njit.edu/~ip3/PIC/south_asia.JPG
http://web.njit.edu/~ip3/PIC/west_asia.JPG

i don't know how this happened i'm going to replace this tonight, but for now
http://web.njit.edu/~ip3/PIC/west_asia_minor.JPG

i've also uploaded the files i modded.
mod (http://web.njit.edu/~ip3/MoreCities.zip)

Kraxis
12-01-2004, 01:54
Change Agrigentvm to Agrigentum and
Panormvs to Panormus
OR
Exchange every other 'u' for 'v'... all in the name of consistency.

You could add Euboa or what it is called out on the island next to Athens, thus you can possibly remove Delphi and move Thebes a little north and to the west.

Change Mantinea to either Argos (between Sparta and Corinth, so it is not the best) or to Megapolis (capital of the Messinians, very close to Zeus).

Corduba down to the coast to the south and rename to Gades.

I take it you haven't added sizes?

kataphraktoi
12-01-2004, 04:03
Thanks USMNCJ, I'll get onto it right away

I looked at the tga file of ur map so far, looks great!

USMCNJ
12-01-2004, 05:08
thanks Kraxis

u-v thing => i've been using alot of different maps, i knew one of them was in latin. so "u" is normal and "v" is latin. i will changed the "v" to "u"

i was trying to add Euboa, but it was giving me a lot of problems. i gave up on it till the end.

i was actually thinking of adding Argos and Patras to greece, as well as few others if i have enough colors left at the end.

Kraxis
12-01-2004, 13:53
I believe you are running low on cities, so I think one or two cities less in Greece would be fair. Delphi and/or Demetrias/Larissa.
Adding a breton city would be nice as it is just a big area that cunjures up a lot of rebels.
Also in the middle east you could add between Sidon and Antioch, on that little bulge, Tyre. And down by Jerusalem's port you could add Gaza.

Oh and you might want to change Cannae. It wasn't really a big city or anything. But I don't know what else there could be.

USMCNJ
12-02-2004, 05:12
i believe i'm done with ADDING cities to Greece. The building, armies, and faction assosiation is not done yet. Here is a pic
http://web.njit.edu/~ip3/PIC/GREECE_DONE.JPG
i have to start studing for my finals so things will slow down alot for the next 2 weeks. but keep the suggestions comming.

Kraxis
12-02-2004, 13:55
27 cities in the greek world right there... That is a lot. ~:eek:

eadingas
12-02-2004, 14:07
Did you test what would happen if a unit is attacked standing between Corinth, Argos and Megalopolis?

USMCNJ
12-03-2004, 05:16
did a test run with greece.
if a battle happens in the Peloponessia, one of the town garrisons joins the fight. In the case of a battle between Corinth, Argos and Megalopolis, what ever city is closer its garison comes out. (just one).

From the test i do see that i have 2 problems.
1) corinth is blocking the way into the peninsula. you have to take it if you want to move throught the region. i'm thinking about moving it once square to the right.

2) with the added cities the factions get rich very quick. I'm thinking about dividing their farm income by 2, and taking some trade resources away.
i'm not to sure about this, because i saw a lot of action in 40 turns. with the extra cash, the AI builds a lot of units. this might be a good thing for the gameplay. i'll have to do some tests once i'm done.

note: i'm also thinking about taking messena away from the scipii, because they over run sicily in 14 - 20 turns.

Patricius
12-04-2004, 03:20
I find completing a province from buildings to garrison is often a better strategy for me. It makes errors easier to avoid. But that is great work. Did province of Euboa and the city of Chalcis require a change to the terrain tile from low mountains to land of some level of fertility. Does siting cities on wilderness pose problems. It appeared to do so when I was adding cities. Is Cannae the best choice for that area of Italy. The city was deserted when the battle was fought in 216 BC and although repopulated later - if it had not being populated since then nothing would have remained - it was never of any real note as a city. i gave the Senate an extra city carved out of Latium. I found that it made that faction much stronger without that horrid bribery expansionism - it neither sieges nor suffers revolts. The name I used was Falerii - some other city of great note might have been chosen, but a two city Senate is a good idea, in my opinion. How about adding Babylon? It was a milestone for Alexander the Great and it did survive until the Islamic era.

Scoundrel
12-04-2004, 23:05
This mod looks good. Very good indeed. Idea is good. Conquering half of the world is too easy since there are not too many provinces in some areas.

So, I have some questions.

1. Is there any overwriting or replacing? Like can you play original Imperial Campaign? I'll never download mod if I cant play the game the way it were before it.

2. Are those provinces historically accurate?

3. You know how to make map bigger? There are ways to do that. It would be like to see more of northern part. More of Russia and maybe my dear homeland Finland. I would preciate that.

USMCNJ
12-05-2004, 01:16
Patricius
I had trouble with Chalcis at first because i kept putting the city over the "jar/pot" resource icon. Then i tried moving it down one and it works fine, no alternation to the tarain.
I also have given it to Macedon. Have not tried testing as Macedon, so i don't know how armies will behave on the island, will let you know once i try.

just starting to mod gual, have yet to put a city in wilderness.

The map of itally, Spain, Asia minor, have had many name changes. (canae has been renamed) I will post pics soon.

i will start modding asia and middle east once kataphraktoi finishes his map of the region.

Scoundrel
1) yes, as of now in testing mode two files have to be changed. Once these changed the Imperial Campaing will crash.
However, the Sons of Mars campaing uses a different map then the imperial campaing. So, if i look a round i'm sure i can find a way to do the same with this mod. Actually this was the plan all along.

2)I try to make them. The orignials pics consentrated on putting major population centers on the map. Now i've went back and renamed many of them to make them historicly accurate. (so many different maps)

3)as of now i added 45 new cities. I still have Gual, Germany, Britian, Eastern Europe and Asia/Middle East. I think these will take up 40 more. Leaving about 15 + (once i decide to delete after testing)
These could be used to extend the map. North and East are pretty easy to do (the map (x,y)->(0,0) at the bottom right), so we will see.

ps. sorry if this does't make any sence(i'll probably edit later) i've spend the last 37 out of 46 hours studing 3 different maths, my brain is fried, i'm off to sleep.

Scoundrel
12-05-2004, 11:26
Good. It should be possible to make this as a whole new map, so you can play the original campaign. Hope you just figure out how.

Good luck.

eadingas
12-05-2004, 11:38
If you're only editing the map files, it's simple. Just make another directory in the data/world/maps/campaign/ folder called 'MoreCities' and copy all the files you've modified there. DO NOT copy anything to 'data/world/maps/base' or 'data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign' folders, or you won't be able to play regular campaign.
Whatever you put in the new folder takes precedence over the old files. Just select 'provincial campaign' and then 'More Cities' in the game menu.

USMCNJ
12-05-2004, 14:20
thanks eadingas.
I never thought it would be that easy.
all i had to do is move 2 files, and replace the original.
i just tested playing imperial, and my mode from the same start. it worked

as far as Chalcis .
I did have to edit the ground type in order to move armies on the island.

Scoundrel
12-05-2004, 21:36
Well, well. I noticed that you do not have too many factions avaible for your campaign. You should make them all playable, if you ask me. I actually modified the decr_strat file and added others to playable, but game crashed. Any ideas on whats wrong?

It doesnt really matter after all if you just put those other factions in.

Kraxis
12-06-2004, 01:36
A nice second Senate city would be Veii... It was after all the first real city that Rome conquered and thus it became the second roman city after Rome. But it was really close to Rome, 16 miles I think.

Greek-O-Mania
12-06-2004, 23:43
I really like all of the cities you've added, especially to Greece. When are you going to realease the next version of your mod?

USMCNJ
12-06-2004, 23:52
I have finals till the 18, after that 2-3 days should be all i need to finish this up. so, by Dec 21

USMCNJ
12-08-2004, 05:38
I've come to a Halt. I can't find any maps, or city ideas for Eastern Europe.
from what i have read in 270 BC the area was dominated by stone age nomadic tribes.

eadingas
12-08-2004, 09:11
Well, you read wrong :) But there are no names for the settlements known because Greeks or Romans never came to this areas.
If you're desperate, you can always use Herodotus, he's got plenty of tribes names for Eastern Europe, so you can use those + 'Vicus XXX' as names of settlements.

USMCNJ
12-11-2004, 01:35
The version 0.1a is ready
MoreCitiesMod (http://web.njit.edu/~ip3/MoreCities.zip)

Total of 80 cities are added. Also this version has fixed the RTW ship being stuck bug.

As of now the schedual is like this

version 0.1 = all cities added, out now
version 0.2 = all the cities and provinces are name correctly, 12/18/04
version 0.3 = all cities faction association is assigned, 12/22/04
version 0.4 = all cites are build up correctly, 12/29/04
version 0.5 = all cities have corrext garrison 1/04/05
version 0.5 to 0.9 => changes made through testing,
version 1.0 => historicly correct map with + 80 cities mod

Scoundrel
12-11-2004, 17:19
The port of Partae blocks the route to the port of Corinth. Thus some Senate missions are impossible to succeed in.
Otherwise, the mod is a huge success.

USMCNJ
12-11-2004, 17:21
thanks.
just did some test and see a couple of spots with this problem, shoud be easy to fix, just have to move the port to a less historicly acurate pa

USMCNJ
12-11-2004, 20:07
i've fixed the problem, the update will be ready to download from the earlier link at 5pm.
You can reinstall the mod, but it wont make any changes in the current game.
you have to start a new one.

the best way to reinstall is delete the MoreCities folder from Data\world\maps\campaing
then reinstall.

ps. Just did a test run till 230 BC. Carthage beat the romans back at Sicily (at one point they only had 1 city there), but was attacked by the Nubidian at 245, lost control of Sicily at 231 and is now almost destroyed. Egypt is still running most of the east.
The guals are hitting the Julii hard, the senate has sent a full stack to help them out.

Scoundrel
12-12-2004, 13:08
The town of Rhedintovinum is inaccessible. Maybe it's surrounded with too much woodland, or..?

USMCNJ
12-13-2004, 05:03
thanks again Scoundrel
I will look into it saturday.
as for now i have uninstalled RTW from my computer. I have to concentrat on my finals, which are going to be over on friday.

USMCNJ
12-15-2004, 14:42
MoreCitiesV0.1c (http://web.njit.edu/~ip3/MoreCities.zip)
takes care of the two bugs: 1) ports blocking acces to other ports and 2) cities not accessable do to forests. (only tested the northern half of the world, thats why i say forests )

kataphraktoi
12-16-2004, 05:03
if u haven't done the middlke east yet.

http://www.geocities.com/weirdguynextdoor/map.zip

save target as.

Tricky Lady
12-16-2004, 22:09
Cheers USMCNJ, this mod was something I was waiting for. ~:cheers:

Two questions though:

1) Is it correct that this mod is only playable as a short campaign? (I can't seem to choose between a long or a short campaign; short is default) Or does this mean I have done something wrong/forgot something?
2) In North Africa there's a city called "lol Caesarea"? :inquisitive:

Thanks for the mod!
TL

USMCNJ
12-17-2004, 19:46
1)it should be only long campaing
i think as of now it ends after you conquere 100 cities. I have to change the code to 180

i've tested it and conquered over 50

2)the city is actually "IOL CAESAREA", but i din't use all capitals, so it actually apears as Upper case "I", lower case "O" and a lower case "L" which looks like "l"
I don't know that much history about that part of the world, but in maps i've used to make this it is always present.

Tricky Lady
12-20-2004, 18:13
Thanks. And sorry for the silly questions. :grin2:

Another thingie.
I loaded a Julii campaign yesterday. Assaulted and conquered Segesta in turn 1, and moved another small army towards the rebel town south of Patavium.
But when I hit the 'End Turn" button, I got a CTD? :huh:
I tried to play a few turns in other savegames (both modded RTW as vanilla RTW ) and they load fine.
Is this a bad coincidence, or does it ring a bell and can you help me?
Thanks in advance.
:bow:

USMCNJ
12-21-2004, 09:24
i've done about 10 hours of testing on current version, never had a CTD my self. probably just a coincidence.

however, make sure that you have deleted the map_heights.hgt from
\data\world\maps\base\ .

i resently reinstalled the game and forgot to delete this file the mod did not run at all.

progress note: I;ve renamed all province, to what i believe to be the corect name. I've added some trade resources to the map (like silver to carthago nova).

i've had to completly redo the whole trade map. so now what ever resources you see on the province map, is what that province can trade.

it should be up in a few days

Patricius
12-21-2004, 14:04
Dividing Latium once or twice helps the Senate to construct some very large and up to date stacks for the late game. I wonder whether that number of cities in Greece is simply a path to an even more overpowered Brutii faction.

beach_head
12-21-2004, 18:00
Hey I downloaded your mod because I like these kind of files and I have a few comments to try and make it better. First I really like how you divided the Italian peninsula. I haven't seen it done any better by other mods. Second, you went way too crazy on the greeks dude. That is way too many cities. I know you wanted to represent all the famous historical cities but you can't just randomly start throwing them everywhere. And finally some of the names are off. I know you will take the time to fix that eventually but I just thought I would point out that you should probably model the names of provinces off of the game. I don't think they intended to name things i.e. East Pripet. They have things like Britannia Superior/Inferior. Just some suggestions. You don't have to listen to any of them but I think they would make your mod better.

Tricky Lady
12-21-2004, 21:31
i've done about 10 hours of testing on current version, never had a CTD my self. probably just a coincidence.

however, make sure that you have deleted the map_heights.hgt from
\data\world\maps\base\ .

i resently reinstalled the game and forgot to delete this file the mod did not run at all.

Okay, I will delete this file and try to run the game again later this week.

Scoundrel
12-23-2004, 13:16
I think that amount of Greek cities is fine. And overpowered Bruti? Bruti is always useless when I play, they get smacked by macedon.

beach_head
12-23-2004, 20:21
They get smacked by Macedon? I find that hard to believe. With the amount of money that gets generated by having so many provinces under your control, it should be extremely easy to build massive armies and crush Macedon. Or the opposite, they build massive armies and it is impossible for you to get a foothold in the greek world... I still think there are way too many provinces in the greek area. I admire the work though since I have tried doint the same thing only to have my game crash innumerabl times....

USMCNJ
12-24-2004, 03:55
sorry i have't been around for a while. i've been busy working on this mod. as of now i'm done witht the romans, carthage, numidia, egypt, and spain.

as far as the greeks go, i will do some testing, if the cities prove to much, some will go.

i don't think the brutii will be over powering anymore. (actually i think the romans are going to be the hardest faction to play now) i have made most roman cities (all of the brutii's) greek in origin, (since rome just took the land fromt he greeks and etruscans).
Most of the roman cities population has been cut by a lot. (yes i know that rome was known for being able to put a new army on the field quick.... But, at this time (from what i remember) italy was made up of roman allies, who had to give troops for the roman army, they were not citizens yet. ) this slowes down roman expention by alot.
since at the time rome only had 10 ships, all roman fleets have been deleted except for the senates.

there have been alot of changes made. too many to list. i will make a readme file once i'm done with the mod.
At this point i'm going through encyclopedias finding out info on the cities i've added and the cities already in the game. Then i change the loyalty, cuture, building, population, garrison. this has been a very diffecult process.

Lord Dazed & Confused
12-24-2004, 11:22
Great mod USMCNJ

Thought I'd better let you know I also had a CDT as the Juli at the same point as Tricky Lady but I restarted and everything is playing ok now ~:confused:
I also found two cities on invalid tiles Pertra is one and the other is below Apollonia soz I can't remember its name. The other thing I noticed is that there are a couple of cities touching the edge of another province Argos is one of them I'm sure I read in a thread about altering the map that this can cause problems so you may want to move them.
The only game balance problem I can see so far is by giving Egypt all those cities and I'm only at 250bc they look like they are set to wipe out everything in their path really quick but otherwise the Gauls are sending stacks to attack Juli Carthage are doing well against Scipi and the Greeks are holding back the Bruti they even have landed an army in southern Italy nearly a full stack never seen that before.
looking forward to the next version ~D
LDC

afrit
12-24-2004, 20:53
I like the idea of more cities. But the problem of crowded settlments (e.g in Pelopponnese) can make campaigning there rather .

Can the entire map size (in pixels) be increased, say by 50% or 100% ? From the guides forum it seems this is possible. This way you will have more space between settlements.

Of course, movement allowances will need to adjusted. Also, penalties related to distance (corruption, loyalty and maybe even trade) need to be adjusted. Is that possible??

curious

USMCNJ
12-26-2004, 17:09
finished version 0.2

MoreCitiesMod0.2 (http://web.njit.edu/~ip3/MoreCities02.zip)

i looked into making the map bigger, it should be posible, but will be a lot of work. i probably will make that version 2.0

as for now the mod is pretty much done, i just have to add some extras (maps for when you select a faction in the start of the campaign, stories for each faction.)
the mod is version 0.2 incase some issue come up during future testing.

USMCNJ
12-27-2004, 13:41
MoreCitiesMod0.3 (http://web.njit.edu/~ip3/MoreCities03.zip)

from version 0.1 to 0.2 i changed greece , and as a resoult magalopolis was put on a hill and was out of reach. version 0.3 fixes this.

also i've added the maps for when you select factions. (i've decided not to add the little history stories, since no one reads them anyways)

plus in version 0.2 i tried to make egypt less powerfull However, because of an obiouse bug/typo in RTW, the "barechested" egyptian axemen were unbeatable, i've braught their deffence down. hopefully this will help.
If you don't want this don't install the "export_descr_unit.txt" file that comes with the mod.

enjoy.

Rikuto
01-04-2005, 23:05
Nice mod it is awsome. hopefully you can get this done soon.

~:)

Romans are really hard now, why so little brutii troops? :furious2:

Scoundrel
02-08-2005, 20:36
I just downloaded the 1.2 patch and the mod does not work anymore. My life is ruined without Rome TW! Fix this so the game would work with the patch as well...

Oaty
02-17-2005, 22:14
I just downloaded the 1.2 patch and the mod does not work anymore. My life is ruined without Rome TW! Fix this so the game would work with the patch as well...

It worked fine for me. Best thing to do is uninstall the game, reinstall it, patch it, then put the mod in.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot USMCNJ? What were you thinking when you made this mod? First I had no population to recruit my huge units. Then some rebels come by and sack Arimmium weakening my recruitment pool further. Then I get it back and have some rebels laying siege to Segesta and after taking it back my recruitment pool went down to 600. On top of that the Gauls would not leave me alone there. Then when all the struggles seem to be over the Gauls come by with 2 full stacks at my little foothold in Narbo Martius. I was able to withdraw from the city leaving 2 units behind who got the short straw. Then with no ships nearby I was forced to take the pass through the alps only to find some gauls trapping me there destroying my largest army of 9 units and a family member. :furious3:

You modded it Like the Romans actually had a struggle with those northern "barbarians" ~D

Ok call me the idiot for playing on very hard campaign difficulty.

Nice mod and it actually makes the Romans play in a more historical manner. The Romans struggle in the North, Scipii don't seem to go after Carthage until they flush the Greeks out. For a little while there I thought I was going to have to start the punic wars for Scipii by attacking Carthage owned Sicily and gifting them a city but they pulled through. And obviously Greece is rich and pissed because instead of the normal ceasefire with Carthage they have been blockading Carthage aggressively. I also mad an alliance with Greeks to help the Brutii out in there war with Macedon.

1 minor thing, the city of Revenna(south of Patavium , correct city?) anyways the Gauls seem to have a problem taking that city although may be a good thing since it delays the troubles for the Julii in the north. But it does ruin Gauls chances of having a strong hold in the north as they keep relentlessly losing troops there.

Alexander_The_Great
02-21-2005, 22:51
i dont know how to install the mod

AntiochusIII
02-22-2005, 05:20
Hmm.. How do I put the files from the download? Just replace them or add specifically? Please answer quickly before I messed up ~D {EDIT} Never mind, I figured it out. Thanks again! {EDIT}

{MORE EDIT} I've discovered USMCNJ's secret love for Armoured Hoplites. Thanks to you I've got to fight those deadly men everywhere since the first turn with my lancers and militia! :charge: {MORE EDIT}

Thanks

P.S. USMCNJ - Thank you! Your simple mod is simply a true blessing. Now Greece is a worthy seat of an Empire now, are we? I therefore grant you the blessing of the Pope (He gave you 1000 florins and excommunicate your HRE enemies.) - and I'm not even a Christian, much less Catholic! ~D

JakoTheOne
02-22-2005, 13:48
you can find more cities in SPQR realism mod
nice work

Scoundrel
06-17-2005, 18:45
Just wondering... are you still working on this mod? I have heard no news for a long long time.. ~:confused:

USMCNJ
06-20-2005, 03:59
sorry. i have not worked on the mod since the last release.
tell you the truth i 've not played RTW since February.
i just come by the forum to see if anything new is going on, like a new patch.

redblack9
08-11-2005, 23:30
Where do I unzip the mod to? Program Files\Activision\Rome-Total War or Program Files\Activision\Rome-Total War\Data...?

iberus_generalis
12-28-2005, 16:10
i'vr downloaded your mod, and liked it a lot..more cities means more battles! LOL but there is something that troubles me... why can't i turn off the battles time limit, it's just because sometimes the time expires before i have time to finish the battle... and i do like to have all the time in the world to make the fights.... specialy during siege events... is there a way i can turn it off? still using v1.2( no time, nor will to download the new patches, my conection is to slow to do it....)..
Thank for doing this mod!!! i await your answer.

P.S.- A frined has just got me the v1.3 and v 1.5 patchs, but but now the mod doenst work anymore!!!! and with my previous save games, the game get's better, but the units im able to recrui gets all messd up, i start recruiting gothcavalry, and early cohorts, and archer auxilias, and i' ve not even gotten to the marian reforms! Why is this all messed up? hte new archer damage and and new efects are smoking, but alas, i can't use this fantastic mod anymore, with the fantastic updates the game now has! =( anyone, Help!!!!!!

USMCNJ
02-20-2006, 13:10
i'vr downloaded your mod, and liked it a lot..more cities means more battles! LOL but there is something that troubles me... why can't i turn off the battles time limit, it's just because sometimes the time expires before i have time to finish the battle... and i do like to have all the time in the world to make the fights.... specialy during siege events... is there a way i can turn it off? still using v1.2( no time, nor will to download the new patches, my conection is to slow to do it....)..
Thank for doing this mod!!! i await your answer.

P.S.- A frined has just got me the v1.3 and v 1.5 patchs, but but now the mod doenst work anymore!!!! and with my previous save games, the game get's better, but the units im able to recrui gets all messd up, i start recruiting gothcavalry, and early cohorts, and archer auxilias, and i' ve not even gotten to the marian reforms! Why is this all messed up? hte new archer damage and and new efects are smoking, but alas, i can't use this fantastic mod anymore, with the fantastic updates the game now has! =( anyone, Help!!!!!!

Hey, sorry for not replying earlier.

I've been away from the total war world for about a year.

I've recently picked up BI (this was the first time i did not pick up the TW title the second it came out). I'm getting bored with it and want to go back to RTW. And of caurse my mod.

I'll look into the mod (have to find it first). I'm sure that the code has changed between RTW version. I'll keep you posted. (Also I remember there was a bug in it where a city in gaul did not have a port)

Thanks,
Sorry for not supporting this mod for over a year.

Avicenna
02-28-2006, 15:11
I think your Greek Thebes is a bit too East

Bombasticus Maximus
04-23-2006, 20:39
This may seem like a stupid question but what version of RTW is this for?

iberus_generalis
06-05-2006, 19:45
i've been away too..what developments have been done in rome more cities? any new patch?