PDA

View Full Version : No Lag in 3 v 3 Games

TenjoArthurWellsley
11-30-2004, 16:38
I fought a 3 v 3 last night and the host had set the unit size to small. I had almost no lag throughout the whole game. Was this an effect of the power of the hosts computer, or the fact that he had set the unit sizes to the very smallest option?

Louis de la Ferte Ste Colombe
11-30-2004, 20:26
Small unit size.

Louis,

TenjoArthurWellsley
12-04-2004, 16:09
After discussing this with Louis, I have come to the conclusion that there are actually two ways to enjoy lag free 3 v 3 games;

1. Smallest unit sizes.
2. Fewer units than 20 if at "large" (fewer still if on huge)

Lag appears to be the result of a function linked to the number of individual soldiers on the battlefield (rather than literally the number of units). Thus it maybe possible to have 16 "large" units, so long as they are all general units with only 15 soldiers in that unit. Whereas taking a normal infantry unit with 40 odd soldiers might require merely taking 10 such units (when they are at standard size). Obviously when set to "small" there are fewer soldiers in all units and thus all six players can take 20 units each.

tootee
12-05-2004, 13:20
i had good latency game with my clanmates lately, normal 3v3 default size.. we reboot our game after every game.