PDA

View Full Version : Freelancing Opportunity for Dark Ages Mod

boranchistanger
12-02-2004, 01:58
This is a message to freelancing skinners:

If you are interested in working on your skinning while at the same time don't want to join a full mod team than this is the opportunity for you. Rome: Total War Dark Ages Mod is offering the chance for freelancers to have parts of their work put into this upcoming mod. If you are interested, please create the following unit and include a screenshot. If you have the best design, then I will contact you with information of how to get your model implemented into the mod.

First Project: Roman Cataphract. The Cataphracts dominated the battlefield for hundreds of years and were the shield for Europe from the Muslim factions of the east. The cataphracts were heavilly armed horsemen with their rider carrying a lance along with a bow. These were expert horsemen.

Now, there are at least 3 types of cataphracts we will be implementing into this mod: The Asian Cataphract, the Greek Cataphract and the cataphract archer. Now, all of these cataphracts should look something like this pic:

http://img69.exs.cx/img69/9128/cataphract.gif

The color needs to be purple and the armor silver. Stirrups should also be included. There should be some key differences between them.

Greek Cataphracts: Heavier armor on both rider and horse. Also, European horses (I don't know exactly which color, let's make them black for right now)

Asian Cataphract: Armored slightly less with horse. Horse should be brown.

Cataphract Archer: Little armor on horse and rider should carry bow. The rider should still be completely armored. Rider should also ideally carry and axe, but if not possible a sword will do.

I hope that's enough info, if more is needed it can be provided. Thank you.

-Boran

boranchistanger
12-05-2004, 22:52
Any takers?

-Boran

Headhunter
12-05-2004, 23:10
King Yngvar is doing a similar mod, The Viking age, and is probably getting more attention because his factions arn't as vague.

Why not merge with him so all the people who are interested in having a mod on this period can focus and work together instead of competing.

Better chance one getting finished that way maybe.

~:)