PDA

View Full Version : Letters for messages?

Silver Rusher
12-04-2004, 10:51
I have been thinking about this idea for a while now and it seems perfect. All the messages you receive can be in letter-format now, adding quite a lot to realism.

The little boxes you click on to bring up the messages can now be little envelopes, and the boxes that have already been clicked can be open envelopes. An example of a letter:

Grand Master of the Order,

It very thoroughly annoys me to see that you have failed to capture this settlement. Now, this shall strengthen the enemies of the church against us. We do not want that. I have made a note of your failure for future reference.

The Pope.

I want some feedback on this idea, as I think it works quite well.

Templar Knight
12-04-2004, 14:31
Great idea, they had that in Wargamer 1813, where your generals would send you letters asking for reinforcements or telling you that they had encountered an enemy army or that the bridge ahead had been blown. It came in a small envelope, and was signed by the person who sent it. It certainly added to the realism of the game and the period itself.

Uesugi Kenshin
12-05-2004, 01:05
Similar thing in Lords of the Realm, but in that you could write all diplomatic proposals yourself after stating the type of proposal, this was mainly for multiplayer but it was just fun for a little while to call the Countess a scarlet woman and have her accept your alliance! ~D

Saranalos
12-13-2004, 02:10
yeah letters would be perfect. a letter from the pope saying that you have displeased him would be a lot better than some big box appearing telling you the same thing.

Ferocious_Imbecile
01-05-2005, 09:24
I have been thinking about this idea for a while now and it seems perfect. All the messages you receive can be in letter-format now, adding quite a lot to realism.

The little boxes you click on to bring up the messages can now be little envelopes, and the boxes that have already been clicked can be open envelopes. An example of a letter:

Grand Master of the Order,

It very thoroughly annoys me to see that you have failed to capture this settlement. Now, this shall strengthen the enemies of the church against us. We do not want that. I have made a note of your failure for future reference.

The Pope.

I want some feedback on this idea, as I think it works quite well.

That's a great idea, particularly if the handwriting is elegant Renaissance scripts...