PDA

View Full Version : I can't edit

Silver Rusher
12-04-2004, 16:27
I am the mod of the Citadel: Total War forum (my own mod) and I now have come to realise that I cannot edit other people's posts. Does anybody know why this is?

Uesugi Kenshin
12-05-2004, 01:08
I bet you need to be a moderator. Hope this gets fixed by Tosa and the rest soon!

Sasaki Kojiro
12-05-2004, 09:11
That's funny. Your listed as an assistant mod in the forum but as member under your avatar. In any case, only full moderators can edit posts.

Silver Rusher
12-05-2004, 10:55
Right, OK. No, what I was saying was that I am the mod of the CTW forum (of course) and I was just wondering why there was an edit button there but why "I didn't have sufficient privileges".

Thanks anyway,
SR

therother
12-05-2004, 11:40
This is really a question that only TosaInu can answer, but I'll step into the breach in the meantime.

What do you want to edit? barocca is the full moderator of your forum, so if there is anything inappropriate, get him to deal with it. Tosa is a moderator of all forums (a Super Moderator in the jargon of vBulletin), so he could help as well in a pinch.

If you feel you need the power to edit posts for other reasons to do with your mod, I suggest you take that up with Tosa directly via PM.

As for the buttons, the board doesn't edit the view of the moderators CP to the particular powers of every moderator, which can be individually set. So you may well see a number of functions that you do not have the authority to use.

Sasaki Kojiro: The title under your avatar is your primary user group. Any individual member can be assigned various moderator powers without changing that user group. So moderators of mod forums don't necessarily need to be moved to the AM user group. Similarly for KukriKhan, who has access to the AdminCP, but is primarily a member of the Moderators user group.

HTH, until Tosa arrives.

Silver Rusher
12-05-2004, 15:49
No, it's alright, the post I wanted to edit has been edited already.