PDA

View Full Version : Posting Restrictions

derF
12-05-2004, 22:12
Im a new member. Ive been hanging around in the Medieval forum and just recently ive tried to post in the Front/Back Rooms with no luck.

Is this one of these forums where paying members get to post in all forums and sub-members not?

Silver Rusher
12-05-2004, 22:29
I'm not sure you understand the system. There are no "paying members", just when you are on here long enough you become a normal member and then you may post in the Tavern.

TosaInu
12-05-2004, 22:43
Hello derF,

This is not a paid forum. The frontroom is open for new members. The Backroom is closed because of experiences in the past (invasions by lobbies and those turned out nasty).

After a while new members will get another account that will allow Backroom posting. All that's required is that moderators see that you play nice with the other people on this forum which does not mean that you have to agree with them.

derF
12-06-2004, 11:10
Ah right. That makes sense.

Although, I was just about to start a peasant revolt.

Uesugi Kenshin
12-07-2004, 04:50
So you give us a different account for backroom? What is backroom? just the Tavern?

Thanks for all of the involvement and shtuff!

Uesugi Kenshin
12-07-2004, 05:06
I just posted in the backroom, so I guess we get it with member status? Answered my own question........

Mithrandir
12-07-2004, 18:09
if you wish to pay anyway,
contact me for my..eerrrr the Org's bankaccount...

derF
12-08-2004, 16:46
If you think im going to pay, you need :help: .

Uesugi Kenshin
12-09-2004, 04:57
I need mental help.......... Don't make fun of the insane for all good people are wacked!

I love this game....... ~:handball:

Ludens
12-11-2004, 12:14
Although, I was just about to start a peasant revolt.
I just might start that revolt. There is too little information for new members about the different ranks and the promotion process. About a month ago KukriKhan asked me if I could help him with this (and I agreed), but since then he has been silent. So I can't help wondering: why is it taking so long?

Morat
12-12-2004, 01:44
I just might start that revolt. There is too little information for new members about the different ranks and the promotion process. About a month ago KukriKhan asked me if I could help him with this (and I agreed), but since then he has been silent. So I can't help wondering: why is it taking so long?I agree with you 100%, Ludens. I was a Junior when they changed the system, and the lack of information was certainly an annoyance. I'd lurked through the days of promotions once a week, even if you'd basically done little more than post a hello. So having to wait over 4 weeks, without any obviously reason why, was more than a little annoying. Without question the lack of information, and the remnants of older (but now inaccurate) information, is breeding discontent. So much so, in my case, I've reluctantly moved over to the TWC forums. Which I admit are not nearly so nice, but at least they aren't so closed and you know where you stand.

Get your act together guys, please! :bow:

Uesugi Kenshin
12-12-2004, 04:37
It would be great if you guys posted the seniority policy and such in the rules that are shown to you when you sign up. This would clear up a lot of things, about 2 weeks ago or so when I was a junior I surfed through several pages of watchtower threads trying to find the policy and looked in the rules and ended up having to ask about the rules, after I asked though you guys were great about it and promptly promoted me.

Other than that I have no complaints! :bow:

KukriKhan
12-12-2004, 15:09
ZZzzzzz {snort} Revolting Peasants? To the gates! ~:)

I guess this ball is in my court, so here goes:

The end-of-year holiday season is the busiest time for my real-life job: 11-hour days, 6 days a week are normal nowadays, so I have been scarce around here lately. Sorry about that.

Rather than re-hash the evolution of Org promotion policy, I'll just explain how it works today (and promise to update the "Read Me First" stickie in the Entrance Hall today).

Newly-registered members can read and post in all game-related forums, just like every other gamer forum. We advance users to full "Member" based on their contribution; specifically: quality of posts, quantity of posts, frequency of visits, length of time registered - all given roughly equal weight. The idea being that users who show continued, sustained interest should get extra tools.

Moving from JuniorMember to Member gets a user access to the Tavern Backroom (aka our OffTopic forum) a larger PM mailbox, and an 'edit' button.

That's about it, unless someone wants to know about the actual mechanics of how we promote/increase access.

Again, I apologize for any confusion caused by my spotty attendance.

Uesugi Kenshin
12-13-2004, 04:38
Thanks!