PDA

View Full Version : Changing weapon graphics

Curtis13
12-06-2004, 23:36
Hi all.

I'd like to change a units weapon graphic to that of another.

I am using the Hellenic Mod and I want to change the Spartan unit's weapon graphic to the Macadonian Phalanx weapon. The main reason I want to do this really is, although I know it is historically inaccurate, I think the Mac Phalanx looks incredbily with the massive spears and I want the Spartans to have that as well, as they are my favourite faction.

I went to the Textures/Men folder and changed the Spartans_W to "3"

Went to the Weapons3 folder, copied the Macedonian phalanx folder and renamed it Spartans.

This should change the grapic but when I load up a battle, the Spartan unit doesn't have a weapon at all.

What am I doing wrong?

any help is appreciated.

Thanks

komninos
12-09-2004, 15:33
In MTW chnaginf graphic is complicated.
If you like the large pike then use the original graphic file of the spartans and put a Spartan_W to 5 or 4. If you copy the Maced graphic file and put it in the spartan then you have to chnage also the weapons, shields files and also the files that give the movement of the unit.

Curtis13
12-12-2004, 14:58
In MTW chnaginf graphic is complicated.
If you like the large pike then use the original graphic file of the spartans and put a Spartan_W to 5 or 4. If you copy the Maced graphic file and put it in the spartan then you have to chnage also the weapons, shields files and also the files that give the movement of the unit.

Sorry, I don't quite follow.

Would you mind giving a basic step-by-step of how to give the spartan enomotia the macedonian phalanx's weapon graphic.

Much appreciated

komninos
12-12-2004, 16:45
OK but it will not look good.

Open the Spartans_W,txt this will have a number in i.e. 3
This is the index of the weapon in the Weapons.txt file in the same directory.
Open this file and in the 3rd row you will get a series of numbers. The first four are coordinates we 5th and 6th have to do with the scaling of the weapon. these two last numbers would be 3, 1 change that to 5, 1 save and you are done.