PDA

View Full Version : Solve the fleet getting stuck bug

USMCNJ
12-10-2004, 12:01
i don't know if this was discovered before but i just figured this out and have fixed it on my computer.

as most know the map_hights.tga is a picture of the elevation.
it uses RGB values to set elevation on the campaign map.
R=G=B= elevation.

well there are spots on this map that have R=G=B=0 which makes that square land and water at the same time.

just change every R=G=B=0 to R=G=B=1
this can be easily done in photoshop.
delete the map.rwm, and start the game.

(i have no saved games so i don't know if this will work with saves)

there's like a 100 spots, takes 2 min to fix

Boudicca
12-10-2004, 12:29
Thank you...I´d been looking for this for quite some time...

Dead Moroz
12-20-2004, 14:12
Sorry, I don't understand what is "R=G=B=0" and "R=G=B=1". ~:confused: Do you mean those blots on sea?

http://img26.exs.cx/img26/7559/14535qe.gif

To fix this bug we need just change it to plain blue color (RGB 0 0 253)?

Duke John
12-20-2004, 20:55
Those blobs should be removed.

You can also mass remove those R:0 G:0 B:0 pixels with PSP using the Replacer tool (use Help if you don't know how to use it).

USMCNJ
12-21-2004, 09:08
just do a search for color that has a red value = 0, green value = 0, blue value = 0. you will notice like 100 around different locations, most on the coast.

these are the spots were ships get stock, raplace this color with a color with red value = 1, green value = 1, blue value = 1.

Dead Moroz
12-21-2004, 09:41
Actually, we are talking about different things. ~:) Those blobs are situated in sea. But those RGB 0 0 0 ("pure black", talking human language ~;) ) tiles are part of land. Expanding map I noticed that large squares of such tiles became submerged areas of land on campaign map. But I didn't notice that ships can stick here.

So I still have the questions. Do I need just to make these black tiles lighter to fix this bug? What are those blobs on sea for - do they cause the sticking of fleets too? And do I have to change them to RGB 0 0 253 to fix this bug?

WiredOnCoffee
12-28-2004, 08:30
Is there a map.tga you could post, or a link to one. All I have is the MS Painshop Software that came with the software package, and Coral Photohouse which dosnt do any editing of that nature. I am a Web Editer adn use Macromedia Fireworks so I tried that but I coulden't save it as a .TGA File, it kept makeing it a .FWD or .PSD File by default. I even tried the quotes "Trick" as in.... save as "whatever.tga" and it was still a PSD File.

canis demens
01-02-2005, 18:10
I've modded a copy of map_heights.tga - changed all RGB values of 0,0,0 to 1,1,1 and it seems to work fine.

The files is only about 377kb and I can post it/upload it if people want.

My file is from the Total Realism mod but I would guess it should work with all versions...

Lord Zimoa of Flanders
01-07-2005, 12:52
Could you upload it.Or send me it by mail.Mail address is in my public profile.
Thanks,

LZoF

canis demens
01-21-2005, 23:28
I have sent you the file by e-mail. I have also just uploaded it to The Org, so hopefully it should appear soon