PDA

View Full Version : Future: Total War?

Jinji
12-17-2004, 02:29
I just wanted to suggest a mod for total war that is futuristic with armies that uses almost ww1 tactics. Infantry lines that fire guns one after another and have some futuristic swords maybe for close combat and an alien race that has superior armor and rushes these soilders with energy blades, (almost like protoss). The campaign could be that some human-looking races planet is invaded by aliens but the different nations have conflicts too and fight with eachother as well as the aliens etc. etc. And siege equipment or elephants can be changed too sci-fi combat machines, think it would be cool if someone actually could mod it like that, do not even know if its possible and if it was it would take alot of work i think. Well it is atleast very original and i think it would be fun to play

soibean
12-17-2004, 03:44
if you could pull that off I'd give you a high five, but thats going to be alot of work.

Byzantine Prince
12-17-2004, 04:13
Oh My F#cking God you guys!!!

It could be Starcraft:Total War. Think about it!!! IT could be a cooperation between Blizzard and Creative Assemply. It would be magnificent and glorious. :charge:

Silver Rusher
12-17-2004, 07:47
Oh My F#cking God you guys!!!

It could be Starcraft:Total War. Think about it!!! IT could be a cooperation between Blizzard and Creative Assemply. It would be magnificent and glorious. :charge:
...and impossible...

:no: :no: :no:

Byzantine Prince
12-17-2004, 07:49
Everythign is impossible untill someone makes it possible. If there is no will there is nothing.

mysticflame
12-17-2004, 07:52
I just wanted to suggest a mod for total war that is futuristic with armies that uses almost ww1 tactics. Infantry lines that fire guns one after another and have some futuristic swords maybe for close combat and an alien race that has superior armor and rushes these soilders with energy blades, (almost like protoss). The campaign could be that some human-looking races planet is invaded by aliens but the different nations have conflicts too and fight with eachother as well as the aliens etc. etc. And siege equipment or elephants can be changed too sci-fi combat machines, think it would be cool if someone actually could mod it like that, do not even know if its possible and if it was it would take alot of work i think. Well it is atleast very original and i think it would be fun to play

Hmmm.

So, in the human campaign, you be one of the factions of humans, and you fight all the other tribes for a while, then, mid-late in the campaign, the Aliens come in and decide to invade, just like the Mingols in MTW, except there is no exact date, and they're all futuristic with laser swords and guns and the like. So you, as a human faction, have to unite the other factions under your banner have to destroy your rival humans to become a power to fight the aliens, as they will be powerful, and the humans will need a united force to stop them. You can also just suck throughout the entire game and have a rival human faction rise to power.

As the aliens, you arrive at some date (say, 2331 AD) and all the human factions are equal (unless it's possible to have the factions with random strengths, so the so-and-so human faction has become the largest and most powerful) and you have a couple of advanced little armys to keep you alive. You have little income (you just arrived at an entirely new world, what do you expect?) and you have to fight to eventually create a peaceful co-existance with the humans conquer the entire human race.

How close am I?

Jinji
12-17-2004, 09:56
Yes, that is precisly what I am going for, and you gave a better idea with the aliens arriving in mid-game, I am not by the least adept in modding R:TW but ii think weaponry could be pulled off because the humans could use automatic rifles with bullets and that could probably be done with a really fast going arrow and then the artillery could be energy weapons so just change a fireball to a blue color or something like that. I suggested this mod because I wanted to see loads and loads of desperate humanbeings rapidly fire at a small force of strong aliens that almost shrug their fire off them as they advance at them with their energyblades, but what i think maybe would be hard is machinery, it is not impossible but it would take alot of skill in 3d-modeling to make a horse into a war-robot or a onager into advanced artillery. But if it is pulled of nicley it would be a lot of fun, so if someone think he or she could pull this off, please do so!

Bacchon
12-17-2004, 12:39
Hmm... I actually think this is possible, although it would require a fair amount of work, but no more than is being done on Sengoku Jidal or hoggy's mod. I've been giving consideration to this idea myself, really, although more in context of a Warhammer 40k mod. I think that the RTW engine is actually better suited to this style of combat than to, say, WWII.

Jinji is spot-on about the projectiles. And there's plenty of examples of altered animations, thanks to Vercingetorix.

The only thing that couldn't be done, sadly, is the mid-game arrival of an alien culture, as there is no ability to add that, since that kind of behavior is hardcoded, as it was in MTW for the Golden Horde.

I actually thought long and hard about doing a multi-planet sci-fi mod for MTW (using the sea as space), since we had a little more leeway on the campmap in terms of the appearance. If only we could crack the tileset for RTW...

mysticflame
12-17-2004, 20:52
Well, maybe you could have them be on a far off corner, Which is surrounded by rebel provinces, so it would take the alien race quite a while to be able to build up the forces to destroy the rebels.

Bah, stupid hardcoded thingy...

Jinji
12-17-2004, 23:32
Well, the aliens could be there from the beginning and the campaign could start right after a surprise attack on the planet and countries are now struggling to mobilize defense against the attackers, The senate could be some kind of superpower named something like West World Alliance and then there would be some independent nations and it should not be so easy that these people are all allied against the aliens, some might think that it would be smarter to ally with the aliens to survive, others might hate the WWA and also the Aliens and stand for itself and of course Aliens do diplomatic things to easily get cooperation from the world they are invading (Resistance is futile, surrender or be assimilated) so it would indeed be Total War. The wartactics would focus at infantry, like WW1, and there would be few vehicles in action. A nice strategy would be to know when to switch from ranged bullets to melee and such. So maybe the unit assembly could look something like this:

WWA (The superpower)
Civilian Militia: Men that took the weapons they had in their homes and set out to defend their country.
West World Infantry: Proffessional soldiers that has been training all their life for this, better equipment.
White Sword Batallion, West Worlds finest: Elite troops, creme de la creme, special forces with very advanced equipment and strong morale and stamina.
Division 6: Highly trained covert troops, focusing on long range weapons and stealth to surprise and pin down enemies.
Blitzers: Highly trained in close combat and have lethal meleeweapons plus high tech armour, usually stand back until the enemies are close to the lines and then charge to defend their less melee-adept comrades.
Mobile War Suit: Robotic Armour with man inside, exeptional armor and heavy weaponry, but slow movement. Weak against artillery.
Battle Commander: A smaller elite squadron with the battle commander that takes orders from the generals in their safe places and applies them to the battlefield.
And so on in that style, the WWA army could be very straight foward and rely on firepower. Not so original names I know, but someone could probably do this better.

Ghezaksté (Desert Country, geurilla tactics)
Fanatics: These melee armed civilians dont like other people going about in their country
Ghezaksté Defenders: These men are trained infantry with lighter weapons for fast movement but can hide anywhere to surprise attack and then dissappear again. Can hide in tall grass.
Men of the Burning Sun: Elite troops that are heavily armoured and highly trained. Loyal to their home country they never retreat, rather would they die a warriors death. Can hide in tall grass.

The Gezaksté army could be a hit and run army, harrasing enemies until they break and flee, relying on speed, ability to hide and outnumbering the enemy.

Aliens:
Hunters: Basic infantry with two energyblades in each hand and hightech armour, they rush the enemy sustaining alot of fire and then cutting them down mercylessly

The aliens would rely on close combat and heavy armour to storm into human ranks and cutting them down with their superior closecombat effectivness.

I dont have the energy or inspiration to make a full armylist now, I am just proposing ideas that I think would be rather cool and i would be very delighted to see someone else do the same. More countries could be added and all with their special tactics and units, sometime some good modder must notice and help me do this! I really want to play a total war mod like that. =)

Zharakov
12-18-2004, 04:40
Or you could wait for ROME TOTAL WAR: HUN INVASION.... ~D

mysticflame
12-18-2004, 05:11
Sounds very nice. But I don't think 'division 6' would work because, well, think about it, having 7 'division 6's' in an army just doesn't sound right. How about something simple like 'snipers' or 'WWA Snipers'. Then again, none of these names are remotely original, but it should give you an idea.

Also, I think haveing one faction of aliens to be, well, boring. How about 2 or more? We could have it that the 2 alien races start on seperate sides of the map and are ALWAYS at war with eachother(Fighting over the planet like little kids fighting over candy)

It could work like this. Both aliens come from the same world but are different. 1 race could be larger, and dimmer, and the other would be the race already mentioned. The 2 races have used up their resources on their home planet because of their constant war (a bit like us humans really ~D ) So, the intelligent aliens could have left on spaceships, but on the final launching the bigger, dimmer ones attacked and took a few of the ships before they took off. They both went to planet earth (if it's gonna be planet earth), the dim ones following the smart ones. They landed on different sides, and started building up. so now the humans have TWO alien races to fight against, and now as the aliens you have an alien enemy as well has the humans. Fun. The dimmer ones could make up for their lack of technology (I guess they would be at the WW1 era) with their size.

Here are some ideas about the dim aliens:

Losarian(I was thinkin' that the alien world's name could be 'Losar', so they would be 'Losarian') Mutants: These Losarians have descended from the mighty Korat family, so essentially every Losarian in the unit is family, but barely related. The Korat's men and women went to war, and were captured and experimented on by the intelligent Losarians. The intelligent Losarians cloned them, and the clones became the Losarian mutants. They broke out and lived in exile, until they decided they could use their mutant abilities for war. They came just in time to come along with the losarians to Earth. They are small, just 3 - 4 feet tall, thin (thin as an average human) but are wicked fast and have loads of stamina. For weapons, they have large blades, that come in and out from 3/4 of the way down their forearms (down is from elbow to hand), they can suck them in and out at will.

Losarian 'High Ones': The High ones are called the High Ones because they were the smart ones who flew the space ships to earth, so they are highly respected. They ar, on average, 6.5 feet high, which is small by losarian averages. They are thin, like humans. They carry sniper rifles and are great shots with them, able to match any human riflemen. They have a long range.

More to come later, what do you think of the ideas above?

Jinji
12-18-2004, 11:48
Yeah that would be even cooler to have two alien races fighting over the planet, adding some spice to the campaign, very nice suggestion Mysticflame.

Goth
12-18-2004, 18:43
for one of the alien races u could have eldar a sort of futuristic elven race
(warhammer 40k)

mysticflame
12-18-2004, 23:30
Yeah that would be even cooler to have two alien races fighting over the planet, adding some spice to the campaign, very nice suggestion Mysticflame.

Thanks.

Do you like my unit suggestions? If so I have a few more ideas for units.

Jinji
12-19-2004, 00:06
Yes I like them Mysticflame, go on and suggest more, countries on the planet as well as alien troops, and others could do the same. And yes Goth, one of the alien races would be more advanced and noble like the eldars, but smaller in numbers.

mysticflame
12-19-2004, 00:52
I shall do so. Warning! Long post ahead!

More units:

Losarian Brawlers: These are 8 ft tall and very strong. They do not bother with armour, so they have 2 hp (or more, depends if it's needed for balancing). These are the dimmer Losarians shock troops. They are 8ft tall, have a human body structure (by that I mean 2 arms, 4 legs, torso, head etc) they prefer to fight in small 'packs' of about 15 brawlers to a 'pack'. They prefer to fight with a large club, sometimes as much as 9 feet long. They are well built in the torso. They are very slow and have reasonably good stamina (for their size, but still it is average stamina). The sheer sight of these beasts has caused men and Losarians alike to shake in fear!

Frolog riders: These Losarians and 6-7 feet tall, thin, but have strong, long arms - each arm can grow up to 1.6 metres long - and long legs. They ride upon Frologs, which strangely resemble horses, but have longer, thicker legs and are fatter in the middle and have a long neck which can grow up to 70 cm long. Because they are fatter, Frologs are slower than horses. The riders carry rocks, each about 1kg, and they use their long and strong arms to throw them hard at the enemy, with the strongest able to throw as far as a bow can fire an arrow. They can throw with reasonable accuracy, but nothing special. They are the Losarian's only mounted ranged unit. They are horrible melee fighters, because they don't care for defense, so be careful with them.

Losarian Rejects: These 7 foot tall Losarians were born to poor families, so they had to learn to fend for themselves, so they have a streetfighting style of fighting. They are thin, due to not being fed much, have small heads (smaller than human heads) and carry WW1 - style rifles with bayonets. Because they were classed as 'rejects' by Losarian society, they don't really care for fighting for their race, so they have little morale.

Losarian Elite Gaurds: These fine warriors resemble humans immensely. It is said that a Losarian could blend in with human society has he not had green skin. There are legends about where these fine warriors came from. One of them - the most believed - is that a rogue human expiditionary force was sent from Earth. The humans on board were fine warriors, but they didn't know much about the world of Losar - they didn't even know it was populated. When they arrived there, they arrived there, they found 2 alien societies at war with eachother. They knew they couldn't populate the world, or even make a resistance, so they joined the side of the dimmer Losarians. They learned to read, write, and speak Korlatian (main language spoken in the dimmer Losarian's society. Called Korlatian because the mighty Korlatia family founded the language aeons ago) and joined the fight. They became well known for their amazing abilities - masterful swordery coupled with immense agility and stamina. The King (or equivalent in Losarian society, I havn't thought up a name yet) appointed them to be his own bodygaurds. This was many years before the start of the campaign, so the humans eventually evolved to have green, tougher skin, and that's pretty much all that's changed! I am going to draw a picture of the weapon they use and scan it in because it's hard to explain

What do you think of them?

Jinji
12-19-2004, 01:43
They are quite good and very imaginative, I have just one thing to point out and that would be that the humans arriving at the planet couldn't have been strong and agile and such, seems improbable that they could impress on mutated aliens, but instead they could have arrived there and having advanced technology that impressed the less technological Losarians. The human became accepted by the Losarians and eventually mixed their blood with the aliens and learned their fighting techniques and thus becoming the Elite Guard with humans strength in intelligence and the losarians strength in combat. Also would they be the ones that gave losarians the technology to travel through space and therefore being the main reason of the losarian invasion. How does that sound?

mysticflame
12-19-2004, 03:34
They are quite good and very imaginative, I have just one thing to point out and that would be that the humans arriving at the planet couldn't have been strong and agile and such, seems improbable that they could impress on mutated aliens, but instead they could have arrived there and having advanced technology that impressed the less technological Losarians. The human became accepted by the Losarians and eventually mixed their blood with the aliens and learned their fighting techniques and thus becoming the Elite Guard with humans strength in intelligence and the losarians strength in combat. Also would they be the ones that gave losarians the technology to travel through space and therefore being the main reason of the losarian invasion. How does that sound?

o.0

It fits together beautifully, like a puzzle that hasn't become wet from a baby's drool yet.

So yeah, we'll go with your thing.

mysticflame
12-19-2004, 03:57
Oh, and Jinji, why don't you suggest some units or countries or something? My ones seem to be too imaginative.

shasla5
12-29-2004, 09:40
European Union, Asian Confederation (an expanded China), Arab rebels, Free Asia, CAL (Latin American Coalition), the United States of America (duh), and a quasi American nation in the South Pacific. I'm not going to infringe on your story, but just so you know these nations are from my extended day dreaming sessions, and yes I do think about WWIII. All the time. So there.

shasla5
12-29-2004, 09:52
The quasi American side would have the best troops and highest technology, but would be very short on men, only having 1000000 people. The Asian federation would have large numbers of infantry, about the technology level of the present day US, heavy armor, and such. The EU would be strong economically, and have decent technology, but would be rather weak in direct military might. The Arab Rebels would be sort of like barbarians, only they fight as guerilla forces, maybe an AI side only. The alien invaders offended Allah so they will direct their hostility towards them. The Latin American coalition (which includes Central and South America) would have low technology, but would still be an organized army, and would rely on numbers, more so than China even. I havn't figured out the justification for that yet. Again perhaps an AI only faction. And I forgot, maybe the Oceanic States, similar to the EU only slightly better troops and slightly less reliant on numbers. And the old US, would be a degraded crumbling country, torn apart by various things, I don't want to get political here, but yeah. And the new country is actually formed from old America, consisting of Americans wanted to start over. Just some suggestions anyway.

mysticflame
01-13-2005, 05:48
The quasi American side would have the best troops and highest technology, but would be very short on men, only having 1000000 people. The Asian federation would have large numbers of infantry, about the technology level of the present day US, heavy armor, and such. The EU would be strong economically, and have decent technology, but would be rather weak in direct military might. The Arab Rebels would be sort of like barbarians, only they fight as guerilla forces, maybe an AI side only. The alien invaders offended Allah so they will direct their hostility towards them. The Latin American coalition (which includes Central and South America) would have low technology, but would still be an organized army, and would rely on numbers, more so than China even. I havn't figured out the justification for that yet. Again perhaps an AI only faction. And I forgot, maybe the Oceanic States, similar to the EU only slightly better troops and slightly less reliant on numbers. And the old US, would be a degraded crumbling country, torn apart by various things, I don't want to get political here, but yeah. And the new country is actually formed from old America, consisting of Americans wanted to start over. Just some suggestions anyway.

Awesome.

Someone needs to put together a big... err... essay thing, that has the whole basis of the plot, a few units and factions and possibly maps and stuff. If anybody's still interested in this mod (I sure am) I'll gladly do it.

doc_bean
01-13-2005, 13:31
About the invasion timing, you could try turning the sea into a black 'space' and make space ports higher level buildings, so it would take some time before they can begin invading.

Of course, the AI has to actually invade then...

Bulten
01-14-2005, 16:45
I think that's hardcode... Good idea tho :)

janky
01-14-2005, 23:00
Cool Idea, but would take a lot of time to make. Anyways I made a little list of a possable units and factions

United Coalition:
A Country much like America, England, France, Germany etc. Pretty much a Country with all races and all kinds of people, a powerful military and a large nation, controls North America, Middle East and South America.

Freiden:
a resurgence of fascism, springing from anti-Koslovic sentiment that had taken root in the Koslovic terratorrys (largely backed by Unified German Republic corporations, frequent targets of Koslovic "workers' crusades"). "Frieden" literally means "peace"—in this case, they believed that peace could be achieved only once the oppressors on Earth were eliminated.

Koslovic:
Supporters of neo-Communist hardliner Vladimir Koslov—sought a return to the glory days of Communism and the elimination of corporate and capitalist influence.

Ziljar:
A Alien race with weak machines and vehicles, but plenty of Man-Power or "Jirg-Power". They are located on the planet Zar, are red skined creatures that rely on poorly made machinary and weapons made of metal and wood. They are not very inteligent but they are smart enough to fight. They have been known to eliminate or inslave entire races, examples are the Laghon, Fewov and the Ruxen

Yavnig:
More Intellegent but not much more intellegent than the Ziljar, they are skinnier than the Ziljar and live on the planet Yav. They have powerful machinary, such as the Energy Blade Sword, Striker, and the Decimator. Yet there are not enough men to use all their great technology

UC:
United Coalition Light Infantry: They are the Backbone of the UC Army, Powerful, yet not as good as the Heavy Infantry, they carry a 23XCarbine, a 29XMagnum, 5 G67 Fragmentation Grenades and light armour.

United Coalition Heavy Infantry: More armour than the Light Infantry and more guns, they are slow but powerful. Carrying a 23XCarbine, a J20 Light Energy Blade, a 29XMagnum and 10 G67 Fragmentation Grenades

Melee Infantry: They are poor at long range but at close range they are devastating. Have Jetpacks that can make them speed along the battlefield, but they cannot gain that much altatude. They have 2 J20 Light Energy Swords and a 29XMagnum.

Speeder Infantry: They are Light Infantry that ride on a hovering, fast moving vehicle called the Flash. Have a long J20 Energy Blade, and a 23XCarbine.

Generals Bodyguard: Consists of 10 Speeder Infantry, 10 Melee Infantry, 50 Heavy Infantry and 50 Light Infantry.

Heavy Main Battle Tank: The K20 MBT has a cannon that fires a green HE Bullet at enemys, it also has 4 23XCarbines put together for the commander to use if there is any infantry in its way.

More to come......

Iron-Chef
01-15-2005, 02:02
This all seems like a great idea...idea but I have to ask are there any coders, artists etc working on this idea at the moment?

But that said I do have some ideas, based on current predictions for some new teams, rather than simply have the United States as a team, makes it to much like the current day, you need to show how the borders of countries change over the years so here are my ideas:

Democratic Republic of California: Sometime in the near future much of the American western seaboard ranging from California in the south to Washington state in the north becomes independant of the Union after an invasion by the Chinese to "protect" the many millions of Chinese immigrants now living in these areas, folowing many years of "planting" millions of unwanted Chinese from their overcrowded nation to the US illigaly. This Communist nation has a good technology rating and good population and has very good relations with China but poor relations with the United States of North America (explained later)

Hispania: Following many years of immigration to the Southern US states the Hispanic population soon comes to outnumber "white" Americans by some 10 to 1. As such with support from Cuba and Mexico the area that was once Texas, Arizona, New Mexico across to Florida in the east forms a new nations, Hispania. This country has moderate technology, a large popualtion and relitivly unstable government (prone to civil uprisings) due to poor ecconomic managment and has very poor relations with the United States of North America.

United States of North America: Following huge oil and power shortages in their own nation around 2025, the United States invaded and Canada, forming a new Super-Nation, the United States of North America. This nation has a very good technology rating, powerful units, large population and a good ecconomy.

Republic of Quebec: In 2014, following a reffurendum Quebec finally achieves independance from Canada. Responding to unrest following the US invasion in 2025 Quebec likewise invaded and annexed Canada's seaboard provinces that were cut off from mainland Canada when Quebec proposed its independance. This nation has a good technology rating, moderate ecconomy and small population.

Well there are some of my ideas to spice up North America rather than just have the boring old US of A..... hope you like them and good luck getting some development underway!

janky
01-17-2005, 06:27
VERY LONG POST

UC:

Infantry:
United Coalition Light Infantry: They are the Backbone of the UC Army, Powerful, yet not as good as the Heavy Infantry, they carry a 23XCarbine, a 29XMagnum, 5 G67 Shock Grenades and light armour.

United Coalition Heavy Infantry: More armour than the Light Infantry and more guns, they are slow but powerful. Carrying a 23XCarbine, a J20 Light Energy Blade, a 29XMagnum and 10 G67 Shock Grenades

Melee Infantry: They are poor at long range but at close range they are devastating. Have Jetpacks that can make them speed along the battlefield, but they cannot gain that much altatude. They have 2 J20 Light Energy Swords and a 29XMagnum.

Speeder Infantry: They are Light Infantry that ride on a hovering, fast moving vehicle called the Flash. Have a long J20 Energy Blade, and a 23XCarbine.

Generals Bodyguard: Consists of 10 Speeder Infantry, 10 Melee Infantry, 50 Heavy Infantry and 50 Light Infantry.

Vehicles/Machines:
T-K20 Heavy Main Battle Tank: The slow moving K20 MBT has a 25MM cannon that fires a green HE Bullet at enemys, it also has 4 automatic 23XCarbines put together for the commander to use if there is any infantry in its way. It is devastating at both long and short ranges

T-KU4 "Shock" Amored Personel Carrier: This vehicle runs into enemy walls and sends a high volt of electricity to its power core, shutting it down, this may take several minutes. After the walls are down it opens its front hatch and infantry pours into the enemy base.

Energy Tether: Troops use this to climb up walls and onto the defence platforms. The enemy troops on the Platforms may cut the tether's power core, causing any troops climbing up to fall to the ground.

Energy Digger: This Machine helps troops dig under the enemys walls and shutdown its power core. There is a sheild that prevents the cave from collapsing onto the troops inside, but if the enemy somehow shoots the power core, the sheild will drop and troops will have seconds until the cave collapses.

Shock Ram: This will send several hundred volts of electricity into the gates power core until it is overcharged and is shutdown, allowing the enemy a passage into your base.

Buildings:
Energy Wall: A wall that protects bases with a electric energy wall is the farest advance in UC technology. Anybody unprotected and touches the wall will be killed. They are strong but if the power core is shut down that part of the wall will collapse killing soldiers on the platforms.

Central Command Center: This is the center of your whole town or base. If the enemy captures it you might as well surrender, they will be able to shut down all energy walls and buildings.

Energy Gate: Like the energy wall except it is possable to shutdown the enrgy sheild easily to let troops in and out, but it is easily shutdown in a matter of minutes by shock rams. If this happens there is still shock sticks that will kill anything that is in the middle of the gate.

Freiden:

Infantry:
Imperial Nazi Shock Troops: The best of the best, they are the Heavy Infantry of Freiden, they strike fear into the hearts of their enemys. They are armed with a F20 Bolter, 2 VX3 Energy Pistols and 7 ALJ Shock Grenades.

Light Infanterie/Light Infantry: They are lightly armoured Troops with a F20 Bolter and 4 ALJ Shock Grenades

Extremisten/Extremists: Nazis that train themselves and pick up armor off of dead enemys and paint them black so that other troops can recongize them. They are armed with anything they find, mostly the F20 Bolter or a 23XCarbine.

Duelists: They are Light Infanterie armed with a BFD Energy Sword, the sword usualy runs out of power during long battles, if they do, the men will take out a VX3 Energy Pistol

Schnelle Infanterie/Fast Infantry: The equivilent to the UC Speeder Infantry, they use either stolen Flashes or the German Freiden made 5R Schnelles Fahrrad. they are armed with, like the UC speed infantry, long BFD Energy Swords.

General-Leibwächter/Generals Bodyguard: Consists of uparmored Schnelle Infanteries, they are the best of the best, watch for their charges or you might just be as good as dead.

Vehicles/Machines:
W10 Schwerer Behälter/Heavy Tank: The equivilent to the UC MBT, they are almost the same to the K20 in firepower and speed. Pretty much the same

H10 Amored Personel Fördermaschine/Amored Personel Carrier: This vehicle is almost exaclty the same to the UC APC except this one can take down walls faster because it send electricity through faster

Shock Ram: These are Stolen UC Shock Rams.

Energy Tether: These are stolen UC Energy Tethers

Energy Digger: These are Stolen UC Energy Diggers

Buildings:
Energy Wall: A wall that protects bases with a electric energy wall is the farest advance in technology. Anybody unprotected and touches the wall will be killed. They are strong but if the power core is shut down that part of the wall will collapse killing soldiers on the platforms.

Central Command Center: This is the center of your whole town or base. If the enemy captures it you might as well surrender, they will be able to shut down all energy walls and buildings.

Energy Gate: Like the energy wall except it is possable to shutdown the enrgy sheild easily to let troops in and out, but it is easily shutdown in a matter of minutes by shock rams. If this happens there is still shock sticks that will kill anything that is in the middle of the gate.

Koslovic:

Infantry:
Светлая Пехота/Light Infantry: These are lightly armored infantry, they carry PPGH Rifles and a LU5 Pistol

Коммунистическая Пехота/Communist Infantry: These are uparmoured Light Infantry and are better trained. They arent as good as Blade Infantry but they pack a punch. They are equiped with a PPGH Rifle, a LU5 Pistol, and 6 STG90 Shock Grenades

Пехота Лезвия/Blade Infantry: These are Elite Koslovic Infantry units trained to handle anything. They can take out UC Speeders without even breaking a sweat due to their 2 Extended J20 Energy Blades that are as long as their legs.

Люди Скорости/Speed Men: These are the same as the Blade Infantry except on stolen UC Flashes or D50 Bike Скорости.

Bodyguard Генералитетов/Generals Bodyguard: Consists of heavily armored Люди Скорости and the best trained men Koslovic has to offer.

Vehicles/Machines:

T1000 Бак Главным образом Сражения/Main Battle Tank: The equivelant to the UC MBT with a little more fire power.

T700 Armored Несущая Personel/Amored Personel Carrier: This vehicle is almost exaclty the same to the UC APC except this one can take down walls faster because it send electricity through faster

Shock Ram: These are Stolen UC Shock Rams.

Energy Tether: These are stolen UC Energy Tethers

Energy Digger: These are Stolen UC Energy Diggers

Buildings:
Energy Wall: A wall that protects bases with a electric energy wall is the farest advance in technology. Anybody unprotected and touches the wall will be killed. They are strong but if the power core is shut down that part of the wall will collapse killing soldiers on the platforms.

janky
01-17-2005, 06:40
Although i have no modding expeiriacne at all, im thinking about starting this mod up, with the permission of Jinji ofcourse to use some of his ideas.

Zharakov
01-17-2005, 07:33
Letter-for-letter translations of the Russian characters...

Just in case RTW cant handle Russian characters...

Светлая Пехота: Svetlaya Pekhota

Коммунистическая Пехота: Kommunisticheckoaya Pekhota

Пехота Лезвия: Pekhota Lezviya

Люди Скорости: Lyudi Skorosti

Генералитетов: Generalitetov

T1000 Бак Главным образом Сражения: Bak Glabnym Obrazom Crazheniya

Balin son of Fundin
01-19-2005, 10:33
halo: total war.. I reckon it would be faily do-able. You can chop the map up into heaps of islands and have the travel using boats (remodelled pics or something?) as the spaceships. Different races can be like humans - UNSC, rebel humans, Covenant, Rebel Brutes and Rebel Elites? Just a thought..

ShadowStriker
01-23-2005, 19:20
ST: total war (ST = Star Wars)

jedis could be generals and yeah lol that would be AWSOME!!!!!!

ps: i love ST

janky
03-23-2005, 13:12
I like Halo better but I think Star Wars would fit better becasue of how much guys there are, there in Halo it just wouldnt be right controlling 100 marines and 150 Scorpian Tanks.

nic_vee
04-17-2005, 03:13
I like the concept of this mod guys.
I had this idea that on one team they could have energy shields in the style like the roman leigonary had. I reckon that would be great because the unit then could have a laser pistol in the other hand like the Jackals off Halo. The unit could also make the testudo formation with their shields and be more protected from laser fire.

good luck on the mod ~:cheers: :medievalcheers:

Bwian
04-17-2005, 14:39
The problem with ANY modern/futuristic type of mod is, and will remain, the basic design of the game.

The game operates on a unit level, with rigid formations. Missile fire happens on a volley basis, and unit combat is geared to hand to hand fighting.

The last combat that actually used tactics like this was the Napoleonic period. Smoothbore muskets were so inaccurate that you had to fire volleys from ranks to get a volume of fire that would have an impact on the enemy. Once you got rifled barrels and breech loading, the 'rank' approach became suicidal! So....first off, you have some serious tasks to complete before you start!

1) You need a reason why firearms are NOT a major feature. My 'Terra-Wars' project is once such story line. I have a load of robots scrapping it out as a result of over-competitive terra-forming of a new world. No firearms. The terraforming process would not need either the raw materials or the necessary production facitilites. So....that gets around that. The droids can slug it out with basic tools and mining gear!! Other possible storylines would be a volatile atmosphere ( firearms or energy weapons causing NASTY consequences. Imagine firing a plasma rifle in a hydrogen rich atmosphere.... ). I quite fancy doing a 'Warhammer 40K mod based on this premise.... or the development of advanced shields that negate high energy weapons or high velocity kinetic weapons ( similar to the personal shields in Dune ) but are vulnerable to 'slower blows'

2) You need to limit yourself to what can be done with the stock skeletons. These restrict 'chunky' looking warriors, spacesuits etc. since you cannot widen the shoulders to accomodate this. It's annoying....but there you go! Shorties like the Halo 'grunts' can't be done yet. You end up scaling everything and you get a 'child' sized human shape, not the squat form you want.

Once you have these points covered, you are away!

It can be done, but you have to make sure you think out hte reasons for everything carefully, work within the limitations of the engine, and string together a solid reason for the restrictions RTW places on you.

On the plus side, going for a futuristic mod gives you the leeway to do this. The cards are stacked against a WW1 or WW2 mod because you are tied to what actually DID happen or could have happened. Once you get into the future, it's purely down to your own imagination and inventiveness ~:D