PDA

View Full Version : TTO Transmision to .ORG Moderators and Admin.

Callatian
12-17-2004, 13:18
We have initiated a possible common moding regulations project and it is now in a early debate status. We invite you to join the debate as one of the most important RTW sites. Pls. Inform all your moderators and important moders to take a look at the debate and post their opinions since it will be possible that if we reach a common result the decisions will influence their PR comportment.

Other sites invited are SCC and TWC. If you guys have more sites affiliated who want to participate pls. inform them.

I personal look foward to increase and enlarge the good relations between RTW sites.

Link to the debate is here :

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=17801

Callatian
12-17-2004, 14:33
I may posted by accident in a civitate only forum...until I move it pls. think and suggest :) i will ask the admin to move the topic in the feedback section.

thanks for your attention.

also the poll in this matter can be hosted by the org ?!...so we debate there and vote here !

the Black Prince
12-17-2004, 14:43
try not to confuse moderators (mods moders) with a modding team (modder)

the topic is now in TWC's feedback forum, along with my own comments on the matter...

callation, surely this is a matter for the modding community here, not the admin...

Callatian
12-17-2004, 14:56
I know this matter is for us all...we need a neutral location I guess ...were should we go ?!....how you suggest we should make the debate ? I also replyed there.

Also I don't know all the RTW sites ....pls inform the others.

PS excuse my spelling but i know you get what i mean ;)

Duke John
12-17-2004, 17:55
I do not really understand the necessity of this. If a modder makes skins or other material that is clearly his then other modders should ask permission before editing/using it in a public mod. Using entire mods as a base for another public mod is just plain silly.

If you think that this discussion should be held, then feel free to make a new topic in the General forum in the R:TW mod section.

Cheers,
Duke John

Uesugi Kenshin
12-18-2004, 04:35
Yeah, one of the great advantages of modding is that people can do pretty much whatever they want as long as it is legel and does not steal material. People can make whatever mods they want and must ask for permission to use other people's materials because otherwise modders will just be making similar mods. Mods should be unique and feature a different style and dynamic all their own. It is fine if modders feel like sharing but I am against it because then mods will begin to look and feel the same.

Callatian
12-18-2004, 12:20
Yeah, one of the great advantages of modding is that people can do pretty much whatever they want as long as it is legel and does not steal material. People can make whatever mods they want and must ask for permission to use other people's materials because otherwise modders will just be making similar mods. Mods should be unique and feature a different style and dynamic all their own. It is fine if modders feel like sharing but I am against it because then mods will begin to look and feel the same.

...thats my point some "new" moders don't ask permision and after some swings of the brush they call their mod original wich it is not.

I don't belive that if we come up with a set of guidance rules we are doing something bad ?!