PDA

View Full Version : Can't log on to MP

TakaRatta Yamamoto
12-17-2004, 16:37
Ok, so i have signed up with Gamespy, and i try to connect to play on on-line. Then, all i ever get is a Failed to Log in Message. No explanation, just a Failed to logon.

Any clue as to what i am doing wrong??

Taka

Puzz3D
12-17-2004, 18:34
You don't need a GameSpy account, but your CD-key has to be typed in properly. I believe you have to hit enter (return) after entering it.

There were some gameSpy server problems yesterday that prevented people from logging in, but the symptom I saw reported in that case is getting stuck at the rotating hourglass.

TakaRatta Yamamoto
12-17-2004, 21:41
Cool. Then I will try again this evening. Do you have to have high speed internet, or will dial up work?

AyraWinla
12-18-2004, 01:47
If you have dial up, I'd strongly suggest trying a 1v1 first of all. This game is kinda heavy on the connection side... If it works well, work your way up :)

Also, just to warn you in advance, if you see: "Failed to connect to host", don't worry about it, that's normal. Just keep trying/try to join another game. The MP is very buggy currently, but it's still very fun! Enjoy! ~:)

TakaRatta Yamamoto
12-21-2004, 17:30
Well, i have done everything i needed to do. Registered, entered CD key, still get the "failed to log on" message...

About ready to ask for my money back, as i can only play half of this game...

Agravain of Orkney
12-22-2004, 04:25
Have you tried entering the CD key using all lower case letters (no caps)?

Aelwyn
12-22-2004, 06:11
Also, do you have the v1.1 patch? The version that you bought has some restriction on it, so no more than (I believe it was) 30 players could enter the chat room at any given time. So if you don't already have it, get the current patch.

Invictus Thrax
12-28-2004, 00:14
I think he got it working. He would have come back otherwise! ~;)

AquaLurker
12-28-2004, 10:49
hehe I had a similar problem too, but I managed to figure it out after numerous and desperate retries ~D ...then the failed to connect host thing pissed me off :furious3: , wonder when are they are going to fix that. ~:confused:

TakaRatta Yamamoto
01-03-2005, 14:29
Still cant log on. I have been told that i cannot use dial up with Rome total war, i need a broad band connection. SO, i guess i am screwed...

really, really tired of kickng single player ass...

Xorv
01-05-2005, 18:31
I have the EXACT same problem. Except I have cable...anyways, this has got to be a bug...how can so many people have the same problem?

Voigtkampf
01-06-2005, 08:14
I'm still stucked with dial-up (will switch to DSL every day now) and Rome MP works for me. Must be something else, TakaRatta.

TakaRatta Yamamoto
01-07-2005, 16:27
Yeah, my ISP is through a University, which has a firewall, which means i can not only not play RTW, but my new Dawn of War game is useless too...

time to find a new ISP!

Xorv
01-08-2005, 18:59
My ISP doesn't have a firewall. All my games, but rome total war work. I can't log on for some reason.

Vanya
01-27-2005, 16:41
GAH!

Vanya sez... Though somebody already said it before...

If you don't have the patch, you can't play MP. Original version not workie over da net.

GAH!

PetMonkey
01-27-2005, 17:43
Also if you have McAffee virusscan (not any kind of a firewall, just a virus scanning program) of a particular version, not sure what, you need to turn off 'on-demand scanning'. This had me foxed for ages.