PDA

View Full Version : Thanks

Sensei Warrior
12-23-2004, 09:54
I know this might be a strange post but bear with me.

In waiting to see if someone has posted on the threads I keep an eye on (namely my own), I have been reading through other parts of the Forum, namely the Frontroom, Backroom, Mead Hall, and the Watchtower. I do not know if the admins and moderators get alot of this but I figured I might as well make a fool out of myself, on the world (or is it web) stage.

I have seen other posting sites in the past and none of them really caught my eye. They would be built on the pretense of a game, like this one is, but skimming through them they often seemed to quickly devolve into a series of extraneous posts, flames, or other nonsense that had little to do with what I thought was the original creators intentions. Maybe I was just going to bad sites, who knows.

What got me to look at this site originally was the great guides written by froggie (forgive me if I can't remember the whole thing) and others. Then I started reading the posts and realized everybody was actually posting about the game. People posted questions they had, suggestions about how to play better (but not necessarily how to cheat) and people responded to those posts about the game as well. The site is easy to navigate, within a few minutes you can figure out what goes where and which theme pertains to which board. With so many people interested and talking about my favorite game I figured it would not kill me to join.

When I did I immediately screwed up my user name. I almost ended up being Sensei Warror. ~:eek: TosaInu fixed it, I think, but whoever did responded quickly and efficiently. I was very impressed. I have posted responses to and started new topics and was treated fairly and respectfully by everyone. Surfing this site is one of my favorite time killers.

Even though it is not the same I have done help desk support for networks in the past and I know that no one knows you exist until something goes wrong. Then they have a disturbing habit of taking it out on you. It is often a thankless, sometimes monotonous job. I can only assume that on occasion, it's the same here.

I figured, since I have clogged up a good number of the boards with my useless prattle I should take a moment out to thank all the people who keep this site running, and running in a way that benefits everyone who uses it. Thanks alot (I hope I get this right) TosaInu, Froggie, Ichi, KukriKhan, and A.Sarunus, and everyone else (you know who you are even though I may not know you) for working hard at keeping this site something to be proud of. Keep up the good work.

TonkaToys
12-23-2004, 10:01
Seconded... Merry Christmas to all moderators and patrons, and thanks for the hard work.

Mouzafphaerre
12-23-2004, 17:29
-
Mee tree!
-

Templar Knight
12-23-2004, 18:01
nice and sweet :balloon2:

LittleGrizzly
12-23-2004, 19:26
just want to echo the sentiments of the above posters

Adrian II
12-23-2004, 22:11
Now there's a wish I want to second! Thanks to all the moderators for maintaining a great forum. Thanks also to the many veterans who helped me get started (speaking of which, where's Katank?). And a special thank you to TosaInu for maintaining the Sword Dojo as a worthy shrine to the most entertaining strategy game produced so far.

Oh, and I love the cheap seasonal snowflakes!... ~D

Merry Christmis to all!

ah_dut
12-24-2004, 12:26
Seriously, where is Katank? or has he just been lurking...
anyways happy holidays for the mods and admins
edit: found Katank in the members index, hasn't been with us for over a month...

ichi
12-24-2004, 20:12
Absolutely Sensei. You have been a welcome addition to the Org.

Merry Christmas everybody.

ichi :bow:

BalkanTourist
01-24-2005, 05:40
I'd also like to thank everybody for their devotion and keeping me come back everyday. This is The One forum I truely enjoy! I'd like to particularly thank Gregoshi and Froggie and all the members who make this site really entertaining. I also do miss Katank. I guess with the death of MTW he is gone too. We had some rearangements here a couple of months ago and a lot of the guides for MTW were lost but he was a great contributor to all of the guides.