PDA

View Full Version : Female peasants?!!?!

Byzantine Prince
12-24-2004, 08:55
I read in the data files of the game that there are female peasants. How come, and how do i get to use them?

Do you guys know anything about this?

Sam Adams
12-24-2004, 09:35
i think it would be cool to see peasants armed with different weapons.

some with axes, some with clubs, some with swords, some with speers.

FURRY_BOOTS
12-24-2004, 10:16
if you zoom in on your settlements you see them, (theve got big tits ~D )
but i dont think you can use them for battle, those screaming german women were crap, i never trained them no way, they should be home washing the dishes not fighting wars, oh s**t heres the wife,,, ~;)

BDC
12-24-2004, 12:27
if you zoom in on your settlements you see them, (theve got big tits ~D )
but i dont think you can use them for battle, those screaming german women were crap, i never trained them no way, they should be home washing the dishes not fighting wars, oh s**t heres the wife,,, ~;)
You're about to learn why women should be allowed to fight... :p

Mikeus Caesar
12-24-2004, 14:41
1) Somehow, i think that the only civ that would get female peasant units is the scythians. After all, they have those head hunting maidens, and those scary rebels, the amazons.

2) Peasant units are good, if you have enough of them. Just get an entire stack of them and surround any enemies. Sure, you lose a lot of men, but they will eventually kill the invaders.

Khorak
12-24-2004, 14:59
I've found the peasant formation to be exceptional for recieving cavalry charges. With such a large unit size and the spread formation it just absorbs the charge like a stress ball being poked.

It's a shame that after that, peasants are about as useful in combat as a whiffle bat.

Red Harvest
12-24-2004, 19:31
I've found the peasant formation to be exceptional for recieving cavalry charges. With such a large unit size and the spread formation it just absorbs the charge like a stress ball being poked.

It's a shame that after that, peasants are about as useful in combat as a whiffle bat.

Yes, some skirmish units receive cav charges well for the same reason. And that is odd, because cav should excel at cutting down skirmishers and peasants.

"Present...whiffle bats!"
"Whiffle bats to the front, let 'em 'ave it!"
"The day is ooourrrrrsssss!" Thwap, thwap, thwap! "Ouch! Stop that, I'm just the announcer!" Uggg...rrrm...splat.
"Wow, you really can kill with a whiffle bat, well done. Biscuits for every one!"

We badly need a whiffle bat unit to counter the wardogs and incindiary pigs methinks. Hmm...maybe whiffle bats could have a "incindiary bat" special ability? They don't cause much damage but they destroy enemy morale.

As has been stated, peasant women are for the village close ups. You could probably add them to the faction line up easily...but they get a knife with a 1 attack rating. Perhaps they get a "PMS" special ability? Do the screeching women actually represent "PMS-on-demand?"

B-Aaaargh
12-24-2004, 20:02
I think those female warriors are the best.

All that screaming to encourage their fighting husbands while holding those thick axes.
Also the head hunting maidens with their wicked outfit, a scythian army just does'nt feel complete without them.
But the coolest female warriors are without a doubt the Amazon chariots, they live in the most remote part of rome:total war and are so mysterious that you just got to love em...
just don't get too close or they'll chop your head right off mate

Mikeus Caesar
12-24-2004, 20:22
I wish you could hire out amazonian chariot mercs. After all, they are by far some of the best units in the game.

Proletariat
12-24-2004, 22:40
*obligatory defense of my gender*

I know nothing about modding but is it feasable to edit something or other and have the Amazonian chariots trainable with the Scythians? (Not that they need another mounted unit, but they seem the most likely canidate)

Red Harvest
12-24-2004, 23:15
It should be fairly easy to add the Amazonians to a faction by adding the faction under "ownership" in the unit stats file--presently "slave" is the only entry. You would also need to choose what you feel are appropriate build requirements and add that to the build file (I can't recall which one it is, although I'm sure I've browsed it before.) There might be some other changes needed to give the characters your faction's color. The modders have reallocated units so I'm sure there are threads on how to do it.

They are neat looking units, and my one saunter into their territory they kicked my weak infantry army around in an ambush.

LordKhaine
12-25-2004, 00:13
Would be pretty nifty if the amazons were recruitable as mercs.

Proletariat
12-25-2004, 05:13
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, although I probably should have thought to look at the modding threads myself.

master of the puppets
12-26-2004, 03:49
i like the amazons pointy chest armor ~D ~D ~D ~D ~D
and though they are in the scythian region i think they should be recruited by the greeks and they should have thebans too, i don't know why but they should.

greek:persian cows
me:damn iraqis
animal abuse

Besieger
12-26-2004, 07:50
so exactly where can i recruit the amazon chariot? or from which fractions? :help:

Red Harvest
12-26-2004, 08:43
so exactly where can i recruit the amazon chariot? or from which fractions? :help:

Unless you do some modding, you can't. They are rebels in a the most northern and remote province.