PDA

View Full Version : How do Generals gain scrolls/leaves?

Cornflower
12-25-2004, 01:52
I've spent some time searching and reading. If I understand things correctly, the Generals can gain lots of stars by killing some peasants. That's fine.

But, how do they gain more scrolls and [insert proper English word for the green leafy thing that Ceasar wore on his head]? Or in other words, how do they gain proficiency in management and/or influence?

I'm sure someone has already answered that, if so, please post a link.

(Since I'm not sure if I posted this in the right place, I've made a copy here.)

Oaty
12-25-2004, 03:40
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=41387

You started the sane topic in 2 different sections of the forums, the other one has replies.

Cornflower
12-25-2004, 10:53
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=41387

You started the sane topic in 2 different sections of the forums, the other one has replies.

Thank you. I was not clear on where to post. Can I claim temporary sanity? :dizzy2:

Simetrical
12-26-2004, 01:42
All three attributes are determined by traits (e.g., "Military Genius," "Spartan," "Teetotal," "Wildly Extravagant") and ancillaries (e.g., Philosopher, Slubberdegullion, Archimedes). These can be acquired in many, many ways. The easiest way for a non-Roman to gain Influence is by conquering a lot; the Conquering Hero trait gives +6 Influence. Management is perhaps best gained by leaving your family members in cities with Academies for extended periods of time, which will allow them to gain ancillaries. For a full list of trait and ancillary triggers, look at export_descr_character_traits.txt and export_descr_ancillaries.txt, both in your \data\ folder. The triggers are at the bottom, while the trait/ancillary descriptions are at the top. It's time-consuming to sift useful information out of these files, however.

[insert proper English word for the green leafy thing that Ceasar wore on his head]That's a laurel.

-Simetrical

Cornflower
12-26-2004, 01:51
That's a laurel.

-Simetrical

Thank you!