PDA

View Full Version : Warning XL mod

Berserker
12-25-2004, 08:30
The XL mod is garbage.If you want to play anything else you have to reinstall from CD.A backup won't work VikingHorde has obviously hacked medieval and made changes to the engine.If you make any change to this mod the game won't even load.Shame on VikinHorde.I'd like to get my hands on him.
WARNING WARNING WARNING. NEVER INSTALL THIS GARBAGE.IT SHOULD BE TAKEN AWAY FROM THE GUILD.

Meneldil
12-25-2004, 10:06
You're the garbage...

Hopefully, someone will delete this topic.

william the bastard
12-25-2004, 10:39
I has ever have this prob. never mind change yours shortcuts and you can play BKB XL NTW and HTW. THe limit is space on your HD. nothing more. Not really clever for a first post.

Berserker
12-25-2004, 11:03
I have 128 GB on disc. This has nothing to do with shortcuts.If I Change name on the folder to something else and restore medieval from backup on disc it doesnt work.Have to reinstall from CD.

Monkwarrior
12-25-2004, 12:24
Perhaps before attacking one of the most respectful members of the mod community your should ask (in a polite way) how to install properly this and other mods.
Perhaps after this kind of request, people with more experience than you (almost everybody, as can be seen) may have explained you how to do it.
But you lost your opportunity.
Shame.

Berserker
12-25-2004, 13:00
The XL mod comes as an EXE file and is easy to install and works fine.Thats not the problem Monkwarrior.If you can't read my post and understand then you're the IDIOT.

DeadRunner
12-25-2004, 13:10
Berserker talk with the Vikinghorde to see the problem (in a nice way)

and stop calling names on our fellow companions of the forum

VikingHorde
12-25-2004, 17:38
The XL mod is garbage.If you want to play anything else you have to reinstall from CD.A backup won't work VikingHorde has obviously hacked medieval and made changes to the engine.If you make any change to this mod the game won't even load.Shame on VikinHorde.I'd like to get my hands on him.
WARNING WARNING WARNING. NEVER INSTALL THIS GARBAGE.IT SHOULD BE TAKEN AWAY FROM THE GUILD.
Im sorry if you feel my mod is garbage, but all total conversion mods needs a reinstall (unless you copy the MTW folder and make a second install). Try any other of the other big mods and you will find out. You can make changes to the mod, but you have to do it the right way or it will not work. There are a lot of modding guides here at the org that you will find usefull I think. The game has not been hacked, only modded (modified).

EDIT: The second install will only start if you use the MTW exe file in the second MTW folder. That means that you will need to make one more gamestart icon. My primary install of MTW is on "D:\games\medieval - total war", the second is at "C:\programs\medieval - total war". I have no problems with this.

Alexandr III. Biges
12-25-2004, 20:28
I never had any problems with mods (XL, MedMod, Helenic, Napolenic and some minor ones), some do I like (XL, MM), some less, but I'd never dishonest someone's hard work in such a disgusting and pityful way!

Man, IF you can't administer Mediaval: Total War properly, DON'T use mods, these are suited for advanced players (with their brain larger than a peanut)!

:scastle:

IrishMike
12-25-2004, 22:15
Ah, I wouldn't listen to him. I have played all the major mods, no problems with any of them, including XL. I must say XL is a great mod, that enhances MTW and makes it what MTW should have been. GO CUMANS! Anyways a great made mod VH, don't listen to this attention grabbers.

Berserker, why not make your own mod if you don't like VH's mod?

Sven Der Viking
12-26-2004, 00:02
Hey dude, I'm not one for shooting people down, but Viking Horde, Did you start this mod after seeing BKB's Mods? From what i've seen your mod is really similar to BKB's Mod. Suspiciously similar! Until i see some differences, i'm a tad bit reluctant to acknowledge your mod. Im not saying i have anything against your mod, i'm just saying their really similar.

VikingHorde
12-26-2004, 01:29
Hey dude, I'm not one for shooting people down, but Viking Horde, Did you start this mod after seeing BKB's Mods? From what i've seen your mod is really similar to BKB's Mod. Suspiciously similar! Until i see some differences, i'm a tad bit reluctant to acknowledge your mod. Im not saying i have anything against your mod, i'm just saying their really similar.
BKB's mod is older than mine, but I have not tryed his mod. I have only tryed medmod. When I started to mod, all I wanted to add a new hero and the cuman faction. I found modding rather fun, so I added some more and ended up with the 1.2 version of the XL mod. This mod had GA mode and early, high and late era (I think BKB only had released early era at this time). The XL 2.0 version added more units, provinces and gameplay tweeking.
If you look at the faction list, the added provinces and units, the graphics and stuff, then you will see the differense (they don't look the same). I have also added a new trade and AI setup, making the AI build better units and more of them. This is features that BKB's mod dosn't have.
I see my mod as an alternative to medmod and BKB's mod. It's a matter of tweeking MTW vs. adding new units/maps/factions ect.

Berserker
12-26-2004, 08:16
Im sorry if you feel my mod is garbage, but all total conversion mods needs a reinstall (unless you copy the MTW folder and make a second install). Try any other of the other big mods and you will find out. You can make changes to the mod, but you have to do it the right way or it will not work. There are a lot of modding guides here at the org that you will find usefull I think. The game has not been hacked, only modded (modified).

EDIT: The second install will only start if you use the MTW exe file in the second MTW folder. That means that you will need to make one more gamestart icon. My primary install of MTW is on "D:\games\medieval - total war", the second is at "C:\programs\medieval - total war". I have no problems with this.
You have all misunderstood.I have different folders all containing M+ VI.In 1 I have installed BKB(great mod) in another XL and at least 1 with just M+VI unchanged. Everything worked fine untill I installed XL, then all others stopped working.
The only thing that helped was to reinstall from CD.Thats unique for XL mod.And thats what got me mad.I can't believe noone else has had this problem.

Berserker
12-26-2004, 08:20
I never had any problems with mods (XL, MedMod, Helenic, Napolenic and some minor ones), some do I like (XL, MM), some less, but I'd never dishonest someone's hard work in such a disgusting and pityful way!

Man, IF you can't administer Mediaval: Total War properly, DON'T use mods, these are suited for advanced players (with their brain larger than a peanut)!

:scastle:
You're a MORON.I've probably played alot more mods than you.If you have nothing constructive to add just shut up.

Silver Rusher
12-26-2004, 09:56
If you have nothing constructive to add just shut up.
Seriously, that sounds really funny coming from you.

Berserker
12-26-2004, 11:23
Seriously, that sounds really funny coming from you.
The list of MORONS gets bigger

Meneldil
12-26-2004, 12:06
I sent a notice to the moderators. Hopefully, you'll get either warned or banned soon enough.

Duke John
12-26-2004, 12:53
Cut the crap and get lost.