PDA

View Full Version : Installation problem

Germanicus
12-25-2004, 18:41
I just re-installed MTW, Viking Invastion, Viking Invastion201 Patch, and Part one and two of Hellenic total war...Yet I get no change! When I start total war it looks just as it did before with options to play the Viking period, early period, and so on.

On my desktop there is another icon now.. Of Hellenic total war but when I click on it nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong??

I appreciate any help.

axel
12-25-2004, 21:04
hi buddy i have a hellenic icon to,and one from medieval viking, but when i put my CD from viking invasion in then it atomatic starts and it works fine but i am a newbie on this sry did you do both patches one from Medieval total war and Viking ? i hope you will play soon buddy

Germanicus
12-26-2004, 01:01
Hey axel thank very much for your encouragement!

At this point I can't even get the game to play at all. But to answer your question no I didn't install the MTW patch, only the Viking one. So I am going to unistall everything then redo everything installing both patches.

Thanks!

I hope this works!

Germanicus
12-27-2004, 04:07
No. Did not work. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Germanicus
12-27-2004, 15:27
I solved my own problem. For whatever reason when I installed MTW it was installed twice. The installation that I knew of looked perfect. All the HTW files were in there place and I was going mad trying to figure out what was going on.

Then I conducted a serch for the startpos document and found that there was more than one. So I found the other complete MTW folder and copied HTW to it.

I hope this can help someone else!

axel
01-04-2005, 01:26
thx buddy i am happy to see that your problem is solved ~:) ~;)