PDA

View Full Version : computer and infinite money

soibean
12-26-2004, 06:17
Where do they get all of this money?
in the beginning of the game I can pull off an easy 5k from the computer through trade/alliance/map and seeing as how you usally only get 5k to start where do they get money to support their economy and army?

I was playing as carthage and did this deal with greece on sicily... then after continuous sieges and whatnot I spied on their town and some how they had pulled off getting fully upgraded armored hoplites and archers? If they ONLY built in that city in sicily maybe I could understand but even so thatd leave them totally defenseless in greece

HicRic
12-26-2004, 11:14
I'm fairly certain the AI can go into debt as much as it likes and keep on spending. It appears to cheat rather a lot on VH, possibly training more than one unit a turn.

It would also explain why making an AI faction your protectorate drains your cash (I'm told), because you're paying off their huge debts!

soibean
12-27-2004, 00:28
that would explain alot
but I dont know about the protectorate thing because I can never get anyone to become mine so

anti_strunt
12-27-2004, 02:02
How about this, then: Macedon only controls the town or Cyrene, no other territories. I check it out with a spy and there is only a single unit around, the faction leader and his bodyguard. "Hey, that's really cute!" I think and send a diplomat to give them a few thousand denarii while my spy continues on his way, afterwards my diplomat remains right beside the city, giving them small amounts of cash every now and then. The city of Cyrene, mind you, is still just a town (not even a large one IIRC).

And so, one merry old turn, a full stack of gold weapon/silver armour peasants and militia hoplites, supported by several new Macedonian heirs, appear from the wilderness of the Cyrenaican interior. HMMM... ~:eek:

Kyoujin
12-27-2004, 09:02
Syracuse begins the game with a decent garrison. Two units of militia hoplites, two standard hoplites, archers, peltasts and greek family member.