PDA

View Full Version : Ai and manipular romans...

ah_dut
12-26-2004, 13:17
Excuse my ignorance on this matter but is there actually any way to force the AI to use the true velites, hastati, princepes, Triarii lines properly, as opposed to sending them in one line. I realise that historically sometimes the princepes and hastasti were put into onee line to get more frontage but nevertheless, you get my point.
Also, Aymar, may I alert you to a security hole :bow: if the most recent topic in eb is say...the gauls in the passsworded forum, I can actually look inside that thread without a password. I was able to do this yesterday and found it quite interesting indeed. Not sure if that can be repeated though :book:

khelvan
12-26-2004, 16:22
Unfortunately, no. We can and will set up army formations, but the AI will then use them how it sees fit. The intricacies of the Roman republican legion are well beyond the AI.

I believe we have fixed the problem with the new forums, thanks. I hope you decide to drop by ;)

ah_dut
12-26-2004, 22:10
I have dropped by before and will drop by all the time...
Thanks for the offer BTW...warning all EB modders, you seem to have a new person to pester you to make you work on time :wink: :afro:

Aymar de Bois Mauri
12-27-2004, 03:36
Good, ah_dut!!! We need the incentive... :grin2:

BTW, great to hear from you again. Join in the effort and you can see more of what we're up to. :wink:

ah_dut
12-27-2004, 15:15
I've been reading your stuff for the past 4 hours...I've only got a reasonable idea of what's going on...that might be because I'm stupid or EB's just so vast. So PM me on how I can help

Aymar de Bois Mauri
12-27-2004, 17:19
LOL :grin: It's because the scope is vaaaaasssst. We've been working quite a lot in these last few months.

Regarding the stuff you can do, besides suggesting ideas (in the restricted thread please), you would be better adivised by khelvan than me. He deals more with the organizational part. He will be back to the forums in a couple of days. Then he can tell you more about it.